(Closed) Weekly Welcome 02/20/10-02/28/10

posted 10 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 17
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve been following the weddingbee boards for awhile during my desperate moments of “does anyone else have this problem?!” 

We got engaged in Aug 2009 and we’ll be getting married this July. We’ve found our ceremony and reception site, picked out a caterer, found a wonderful dress, found truly wonderful photographers, ordered the bridesmaid dresses and we just sent out save the dates. My Future Mother-In-Law is a florist, so we have our flowers covered. We still need to order invitations, figure out the favors and look for the groom/groomsmen suits. 

We plan on inviting up to 125. The guest list has been a chore since we didn’t realize we love way more than 125 people. 

Our biggest challenge is having the wedding, honeymoon, and moving to a new state all before my fiance’s fall semester starts for graduate school. 

I haven’t been on a vacation in so long (definitely looking forward to our honeymoon), but when I do take a break, I love camping the best. Any place with mountains, wildlife, and the ability to cook over a fire will win my heart any day!

Post # 18
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Welcome new bees! I like going to my parents cabin in MT, nice to have family time and NO CELL PHONE/INTERNET….I know it sounds crazy but letting go of technology is a must for relaxing. Try it πŸ™‚

Post # 19
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hey Everyone and I’m a newbee! I just stumbled across the site last night. I’m always looking for advice or what other brides are doing or have done. I have been engaged since Oct 15, 2005 which was Sweetest Day. Our original wedding date was for June 23, 2007 but I had some major issues(long story) with myself that I had to work out. We are now getting married June 26, 2010 and I’m so ready.

I have had my dress a Mori Lee since 2006 and I keep in contact with all my vendors from before. I had to hire another wedding planner because the one I picked keep all the money I paid her. I know she was only entitled to the deposit. She was just starting out and I really wanted to give her a chance(long story there). Now I’m working with a pro and my boo likes her too.

We have yet to pick the design for our cake or atleast tell the baker about what we want and pick the flowers that I would like to use. I also need to buy a veil and tiara. We are gonna invite about 135 guests and we will be doing our own invites.

We will be getting married and having our reception at a golf course. Neither one of us play golf but I really love the club house. I wanted to get married at this beatiful historical church in our downtown but we would have to change religion. My fiance volunteered but I told him that it wouldn’t be necessary.

Ours colors are victorian liliac and liliac with accents of silver.

We have decided to go back to the Mayan Riviera because there are alot of things that we didn’t get to see or do when we was there in 2007 for our not so honeymoon (our wedding was canceled but trip was all paid for). We had a good time. Really looking forward to this trip!

Have fun and enjoy yourself Mrs. G and thanks for the welcome!

Post # 20
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi everyone,

I’m a newbie to Weddingbee. I’ve been engaged since July 11, 2009 to the man of my dreams. We are planning an October 23, 2010 wedding. So far the big things such as venue, photographer, dress, videographer and DJ are booked. We’ve also been able to find the vast majority of our wedding decor.

Next on the list: Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, finalizing table linens, flowers. Can’t Wait Smile

Post # 21
36 posts
Newbee

Hi Everyone!!

I’m Alison. I have been engaged since August 8th, 2009 and am planning an August 7th, 2010 wedding!! I have been on WB for way too long without posting! We are getting married at a B&B in the mountains of Virginia. I am originally from the beach area of Virginia and am currently living in the DC metro area. πŸ™‚ I am so thankful of the help I have already received from the hive and can’t wait for more!!

Love,

Alison

Post # 22
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hello everyone! I am very embarrassed to admit that I was so excited about this site that after 50+ posts I forgot to introduce myself. LOL!  My name is Ericka a 30 something full figured bride from central jersey.  Its a pleasure! I began dating my soulmate 6-7-08 and now I am getting ready to marry on 9-10-11. 

I realize that I am a little early but thanks to this site.. I have more ideas than I can handle.  I love this site, and thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

My fav. relaxation spot is on the beach during early morning hours reading and feeling the breeze!

Post # 23
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Oxon Hill Manor

Hello everyone!

My name is Sara and I love weddingbee!! I’ve been visiting this site for at least a year, but I just created an account a few weeks back.

The mister proposed last October (2010) while we were away on a mini-vacation in Tennessee, staying at a quaint bed & breakfast. He sang to me (and he can actually sing)!! It was the most romantic proposal ever!!

We’re living in Washington, DC and I’m a full time wedding planner, full time writer editor with the government, full time fiance and would-be bride blogger!! The mister works the front desk in an oral suregon’s office and takes classes part time.

We’re really busy, but never too busy to watch new movies and try new foods, which is our favorite pasttimes! We’re so thankful for the online wedding community and hope to share a lot more about ourselves with you all!

Thanks for the welcome πŸ™‚

[attachment=743390,95669]

Post # 24
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hello all!

I recently joined Weddingbee, and I think it’s such a wonderful place! My wonderful FH and I met through work in NYC. In August we moved to Richmond, nearby my family and childhood friends. πŸ™‚ My Bumblebee_Groom and I recently got engaged this past Valentine’s Day. Due to financial constraints we’re aiming for a June 2011 wedding; although that hasn’t stopped us from planning our special day anyway! πŸ™‚  We’ve chosen a color scheme, and we have our heart set on a venue. I just don’t know where to go from here as far as planning is concerned, haha. I know there’s a gazillion check-lists to reference out there, I almost feel we need the dough before we can truly begin planning our wedding.

My favorite relaxation spot is in Berkeley Springs, WV. It’s gorgeous year-round, with many cute, quaint little shops, antique stores and cafes to keep oneself occupied. πŸ™‚

Anywho, thanks for the warm welcome Mrs. DG and fellow Bees! I’m hoping to get further acquainted with all of you!

Love love love: Ashley 

Post # 25
4 posts
Wannabee

I’ve looked at the site a lot but I’m a newbee!   Getting married in about six months, trying to figure everything out and not obsess!  Will this weddingbee help or hurt in that endeavor? hmmm

Post # 26
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Worrywart:  you got engaged on my wedding day, congrats! πŸ™‚

Post # 27
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

hi there fellow bees!

i’ve been lurking in a few irish wedding sites for a while but as we’re planning to get married in las vegas in november it made more sense to join weddingbee – and OMG i’ve learned so much more in the last few days!!!!

basically we’re eloping – no one will know we’re married until we come get back to ireland. doing it for a few reasons – one of which is the cost, and the fact neother of us would be into a traditional ”irish” wedding anyway – and finally i suppose because we both agree that a wedding should primarily be about the couple themselves, not pandering to the wants of in-laws [both his and mine, LOL]

we’re still in the early stages of planning – we both have vague ideas of what we want to do so it’s now just a case of finding out if we can do it. i have a feeling weddingbee will be my second home for the next few months Laughing

Post # 28
174 posts
Blushing bee

@jmc—indeed 12/12/09 is forever a special and happy day for us!!!

Post # 29
5822 posts
Bee Keeper

Welcome to all of you!!  If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM any of the Hostesses!!

Post # 30
195 posts
Blushing bee

Hi all, I am a newbie and totally excited to get to know all of you on here! I am getting married in June at Ocean City, MD and can’t wait! My fiance is literally, as we speak, on his way home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan. I can’t wait to see him. And in a few months we will be married! EEK! I have been lurking around bee, but haven’t really had the chance to introduce myself. I just wanted to say hi and good luck to all! XOXOX

Post # 31
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hello everyone,

I’ve been a Weddingbee reader for a while, but just registered today to post here! I got engaged just a few weeks ago, so we’re in the EARLY planning stages. So far we think we’ll be getting married in May 2011.

Can’t wait to soak in everything Weddingbee has to offer!

The topic ‘Weekly Welcome 02/20/10-02/28/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors