(Closed) Weekly Welcome 2/1/10-2/9/10

posted 11 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 17
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Thanks for the welcome! My name’s Amy. I’ve been reading the board here and there for a couple of months and finally figured it wouldn’t hurt to be able to ask my own questions or answer those of others.

I got engaged on August 13, 2009, at Bodega Bay (The Birds!) in California while on a wine-filled vacation with a couple who would become our Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man. I really wanted a spring wedding, so March 13th became the big day. I’m in the final stages of planning and very eager to wrap everything up. We’re actually doing a common law marriage (still legal in Texas, thank goodness!) and will be legally married this month!

I’m working on my master’s degree in psychology. He’s working in IT as a systems engineer.

My favorite article of clothing is a tie between a dark blue Campaign for Liberty hoodie that is very thick and cozy and an orange, patterned shirt that is just plain comfortable and very “me.”

Post # 18
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Hi everyone! I’m Jen…. I’ve been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to make my own account. I’m in the process of planning my November wedding in Ann Arbor, MI.  So far we have the reception venue and ceremony site booked… everything else is still in the works. 

My Fiance and I are juggling grad school, full time jobs, indoor soccer, and our two year old black lab (Hannah-pup).  We like to laugh and he is very involved (and patient!) with the wedding planning 🙂

My favorite article of clothing is probably a striped scarf.  I wear it as much as I can get away with… it’s actually in my user pic.. haha

Anyways, thanks for the welcome!

Post # 20
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Hello Fellow Bees!!!

my name is Vanessa and i am happy to be here sharing my stories with you all. after months of reading you alls posts and reading your stories i figured why not share my experiences and inspire others the way you all have inspired me! i will be getting married in 79 days, April 24th; and i feel like i have oh so much to do! my fiance and i were engaged a year and a half ago. after dating 3years long distance so i could finish school i relocated to Maryland to follow my heart.

as for my favorite article of clothing: it is a tan wool cardigan sweater that i got for Christmas, i wear it with EVERYTHING even sweats. sometimes i like to put it on over my jammies and watch tv.

Post # 21
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi, all! I’ve been creeping around Weddingbee as a bridesmaid, but now I’m engaged & I can’t wait to join in on the fun!

Our wedding is June 11, 2011 and we just found our venue — today! We’re sticking to a tight budget, so we’re all over the DIY scene.

My favorite article of clothing is a plain green V-neck tee that I originally bought for my beau as part of his birthday gift. The best part? He never wore it, and I wear it once a week…at least.

Post # 22
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hello! I have been reading the blog for a couple of weeks and think its really great.

I live in western NY with my Fiance, our two ugly dogs, a lhasa apso and an english bulldog. We’ve been engaged for 7 months and are getting married in a little over 3 months in Florida. We’re planning a low key wedding on the beach with our friends and family, followed up with a honeymoon at our favorite place, Disney World!

I love reading the blog and getting all kinds of new ideas! You guys are great!

My favorite article of clothing in the winter is a big warm sweater with a belt. I wear it all the time with everything!

Post # 23
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hi all!

I’ve been reading the weddingbee blogs (subscribed in Reader) since I got engaged but have also keep running into the forums whenever I’m searching for a DIY idea or information.

FH and I are getting married on October 10, 2010 (42 woo!) and are doing it on a limited budget. Joy!

My favorite article of clothing is (are) my skinny jeans. These are the jeans I wear when I’m skinny, nor are these the trendy skinny jeans. No, these are the jeans that make my legs look awesome. I buy a new pair of the exact same cut and color every few months. Love em.

Post # 24
1 posts
Wannabee

I’ve been lurking for a while, but now seems as good a time as any to come out of the woodwork! 

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a little bit under a year, and I’m you know…sure that I want to marry him, but hey, I don’t want to rush things, so we’ll see what happens. Until we’re engaged, I’ll keep creeping on other people’s weddings! 

Anyway, I’m a twenty-four-year-old law student in Boston, and my favorite article of clothing is DEFINITELY my J.Crew riding boots. I wear them almost daily. 

Post # 25
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hi all, I’m Jessica – I was married September 26, 2009 in Grand Rapids, Michigan to the love of my life in our dream wedding. I used this site a ton when I was planning my wedding, but still love it for non-wedding things and to help my friends plan their weddings! My DH and I have a 5-month old Boston Terrier, our spoiled baby!

My favorite item of clothing is my black pair of Sanuk flip-flops – I got them in Key West on a vacation a few years ago and they still feel like I’m walking on clouds every time I wear them. Unfortunately, I live in Michigan so I only get to wear them half the year!

Post # 26
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hello!  I’ve been lurking off and on since getting engaged in December, and am planning a wedding in August of 2010… right around the corner!  Although we are having a short engagement, we’ve been together for a long time and bought a house together last summer. 

We’re planning a ranch-style wedding up here in eastern WA that will span 3 days of fun events.  We’re really wanting to emphasize DIY/ homemade elements, utilizing talents in our community. 

My favorite item of clothing is also a grey sweatshirt, zip up hoodie, with a bicycle screen printed across the front.  I call it my “uniform.”  I’m very sorry to hear about Grey-ee… I dread the day when the same thing happens to my hoodie.  I hope you can find a great way to either repair or repurpose her. 

Post # 27
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Jewel Box in Forest Park and Windows on Washington

Welcome to all of the new ladies to the Hive!

Since I’m the newest “Bee” this week, I wanted to join in on the fun.

My favorite article of clothing is yellow sweater from the Gap.  It is the softest sweater I own and it’s a fun cheery yellow, so in the Winter I have a bit of sun!

Post # 28
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hello! 

I’m Marj and I just started posting on these boards this week even though I’ve been a member for sometime now.   I’m Marj and my Fiance and I are planning our wedding for May 2011 in Orlando, FL.  He is in the Navy and is currently deployed right now in the Middle East so our planning is going slow at the moment.  He returns this summer and we’ll really start putting this thing together!  For now, I’m trying to absorb every little thing I can to get prepared!   I hope I can share my ideas as well as gain news ones!

* * * Bonus Play * * *

My favorite article of clothing is my soft and fluffy Hello Kitty robe!  It’s so comfy and keeps me warm – I’m ALWAYS cold!  I would wear it everywhere if I could get away with it! hahaa

♥marj

Post # 29
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hey everybody! I’m Naomi. I’ve been meaning to check out this site, and I’m so glad I did… it’s exactly what I was looking for! My guy and I are planning a January 15, 2011 wedding, if possible. We’re still checking out venues, so hopefully that date will stick. 

Mr. Brunch and I are high school sweethearts and after many years of dating long-distance and then relocating for him, it just seems like the perfect time. Plus, not being sick of him after 8 years is probably a good sign 🙂 

My favorite piece of clothing is probably my knee high suede brown boots. I wear them with just about every skirt. I’m veryyyyy much a skirt and boots, kind of gal. 

I’m usually a blog lurker for a very long time, but I just got the feeling that there was no point in JUST lurking at this site! 

Post # 30
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Hello everyone! I’m Zanny, 21 & from the UK. I’m engaged to Jonny (he proposed in August ’09) & we’re getting married on 24th April. We’ve just about sorted everything out, just a few last minute things to get now!

My favourite piece of clothing is a blue dress that is very flattering & very comfortable! I love wearing dresses 🙂

Post # 31
1147 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hi all! I’m Cera and I’m just starting to get down into the nitty gritty of planning even though we’ve been engaged for more than a year. Naomi, you and I have the same date! Haha!

My favorite piece of clothing has to be a pair of rather baggy shorts that I “borrowed” from my fiance. They’re great to just throw on and run to the store. I used to have a different pair, but one of the seams ripped on it and it was unfixable…

The topic ‘Weekly Welcome 2/1/10-2/9/10’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors