(Closed) Weight Gain & Pregnancy

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’m 20 weeks and I don’t have a cute belly that’s obvious to everyone “She’s pregnant!”

Instead, I’m just… thick around the middle. It’s like all the weight went to my butt instead of giving me a cute belly. I feel gross and I’m over it! I just want to show in a more defined way. I’ve been eating healthy, but I’m so tired all the time. I have no energy and have to force myself to go for walks. Also I fall asleep during the day, like when my daughter naps.

Post # 4
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

It’s really common to be bloated through the 1st trimester. It’s not really weight weight but more water flux from all the changes. I think I felt bigger in the first trimester from my “bloat baby” than I did once I really did start to show (around 3-4 months).

I wouldn’t worry about it too much unless you continue to gain & you’re feeling bad from it…. as long as momma & baby are healthy & you’re feeling good pregnancy is NOT the time to watch the scale. 😉

Post # 5
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Bloat is so common during the first trimester!

I started not fitting into any of my pants at 8 weeks….maternity pants at 10 weeks and by 13 week had a noticeable bump to people that knew me.  Around 17 weeks was when I think it was really noticeable to strangers.  But I’m short and petite and had a flat tummy pre pregnancy.  Everyone is so different!

Just try to focus on resting and taking care of yourself…the pounds will come but there’s not much you can do about it ; )

Post # 7
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I felt bloated up until 20 weeks. I felt like I started to pop around that time and now there is no mistake that I am pregnant. It’s full on prego belly! I echo what amnystik says. I promise you will get to that point where you don’t feel bloated anymore.   

Post # 8
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I remember the bloated feeling, it was horrible! I kind of popped earlier, around 13 weeks, but I didn’t become obviously pregnant to most people until about 19 or 20 weeks, which is also when my belly stopped feeling bloated and just started feeling stretched out. 

Post # 10
1550 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

people started being able to tell that I was prengnat at 18 weeks.

until then, my hubby could notice the changes, but to others i probably just looked a little chubbier.

Post # 11
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@PennyLainne:  I started feeling that way around the same time. Like you, no food was really appealing to me, but I still forced myself to eat.  Making dinner is tough, though…not only because I’m always exhausted, but because when you’re not hungry, cooking doesnt sound like fun!  Ha.

Now I’m about 10.5 weeks, and I’m definitely starting to show more.  I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to hide it at work.  This is my second pregnancy, and I’ve heard that you show MUCH sooner with your second.  For me, that rumor is proving to be true!  With my first pregnancy, I swear I didn’t start showing til like 4 months!

Post # 12
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@PennyLainne:  I actually started to show around 11 weeks and I have a bit of a tummy anyway. I’m 14 weeks right now and I’m beginning to look a little pregnant and not just fat. I felt exactly how you’re feeling (pshhh, still do). I used to go for 4-5 mile walks every day and I haven’t done that since I found out I was expecting! It was hard for me to eat, nothing sounded good and I ended up eating crappy things like egg roles and tator tots, but I ended up actually losing 6 pounds. I wouldn’t worry about gaining anything or not excercising since now is the time to take it easy and concentrate on getting something in your stomach!

Post # 13
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@JewishBride:  yeah, I ended up losing a few pounds too.  I was shocked when I realized I had lost weight when I was already looking like I gained weight!!

Post # 14
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I had to start wearing maternity pants right around 9 weeks and I was losing weight. So your pants not fitting seems normal to me 🙂 I was heavier to start, but my father guessed I was preggers at 11 weeks and a cashier at the grocery store asked me at 12. You might just show sooner. 

Post # 15
2299 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@bunnylovesbear:  I was too! I’ve just been feeling”fat” lately and was expecting to be lectured by my doc.

Post # 16
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

18 weeks and I don’t look pregnant at all, just fat! Eventually you will show but the bloat will hang around for as long as it wants…

The topic ‘Weight Gain & Pregnancy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors