(Closed) Weight watchers group – 11/18

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

That is great – I was so excited to pass the 10 lb mark, I think it is a great milestone.  I went to a wedding weekend on one of my first weeks doing weight watchers. I was just super careful about every single thing I decided to eat – I had to be very careful, and basically, I tried to just make a plate of food, and that was what I ate.  You can totally do it though!

Post # 4
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m at 168–one pound away from the ten pound mark! I’m trying to be better about weighing in, I just always forget to do it Thursday night :P. Congrats, Ottawa!

Post # 5
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yay for hitting the 10 lb mark!

I weigh in on Tuesdays, but had to go Wednesday this week due to being out of town on business. I was down another 1.2 lbs for a total of 18.6 in 8 weeks. 🙂

Post # 6
1871 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Yay for hitting the 10lb. mark!

Ottawa, my tips for travelling are: 1. Choose 1 meal that you can indulge in (probably dinner); go easy on the rest. 2. Exercise! and/or stay active. Even window shopping counts as walking 3. Try to work in the good health guidelines as best you can. 4. Be gentle with your expectations. For short trips, I’ve generally aimed to stay the same because the point is to give yourself goals you can hit; it seems like an unnecessary challenge to me to tell myself I have to lose in the face of extra temptation. 5. Watch the alcohol consumption. Do you know how to count points for wine using your hand?: To measure 4 oz. (which is the standard for ww points) on the fly, hold your hand at the base of the bulb of the wineglass, palm up with the pinky finger against the stem and then curl your hand up against the glass. Whatever level your index finger hits will be about 4 oz. (which will be a pittance, let me tell you!) But all in all, HAVE FUN.

I GAINED .8. And I don’t know why. I’m sore from exercise, so maybe water retention? I think my period is coming up (I’ve sort of stopped keeping track. I know, I know), and I typically stay the same or gain before it arrives–maybe it’s that? Still, a bit frustrating. Oh well. New week, new shot.  

Post # 7
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

@JennyW1: I ALWAYS love your advice!

I don’t weigh in until tomorrow…I’m torn on whether or not it’ll be good or bad.  I really wanna be down at least 2.4 pounds.

Post # 8
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Only down 0.4lbs but that’s ok.

I’ve started running 2.5 miles on days that I don’t have horseback riding or events after work.

I’ve never been a runner but I did it two days in a row this week and will try to keep it up.

Post # 9
369 posts
Helper bee

I don’t weigh in until Monday, but I’ve had a bit of an erratic week!  Finals are coming up and of course Thanksgiving.  And we are going to San Francisco this weekend for a baby shower, and god knows there is going to be good food there.  I’m setting realistic expectations and I’m just going to try my best.  Honestly, my goal is to just make it through the next week doing the best I can, working out and drinking lots of water, and then jump back in to lose a couple more pounds before Christmas!

Ladies, can you believe we are in the holiday season already?  Yikes!

Post # 10
227 posts
Helper bee

I had my weigh-in on Wednesday, and I was down another 1.5lbs. I’m currently down 7.7lbs in 3 weeks! I can’t wait to hit the 10lb mark, I’ve been struggling all year with various diet and exercise programs and am really glad that I decided to start weight watchers!

For the record, I did P90X for 10 of the 12 or 13 weeks or whatever it was supposed to be, and I lost 8lbs killing myself, I have to say that it’s been way easier and way more delicious this way!

@JennyW1: I always look forward to your comments, they are super helpful! 🙂

Post # 11
2237 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m down 3.4 pounds this week for a total of 11 pounds in my first month! I’m so excited and determined to stay on plan for Thanksgiving.

Post # 12
2858 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

I weighed in on Friday. I only lost about .5 lbs but I had my period this week so that’s kind of to be expected. Also, we had a work potluck the day before I weighed in and I tried to be good but I still ate more than I should have. I stayed within my points for the week, but almost everything I ate on Thursday were carbs and fat.

The good news is that I’m now down 18 lbs total!

Post # 13
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee

nice you guys! I lost .8 this week, and I’m actually starting to feel like I look different for the first time (-11 of a hopefully -26), so that feels good!

Post # 14
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I love reading these WW threads. My husband and I want to join…I think we’re going to do so soon.

Post # 15
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You ladies inspired me to make a change and join! I had my first meeting today and weighed in at 254lbs (had to convert as NZ uses kgs). Gave me a bit of a fright but now I know what I’m dealing with. My eventual goal is to get down to 175 but every negative on that scale is going to be a positive for me!

Post # 16
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee

@luli29: I have been on about 6 weeks, and so far, I am very happy with the program.  I am doing online only and it has been just what I needed!

The topic ‘Weight watchers group – 11/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors