(Closed) weight

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
Member
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Would love to.  I have 10 to drop by May.  I tried on my wedding dress yesterday and it was definately snug.  Ugh time to get going.  I’m going to dream about all the good things I’ll eat on the honeymoon!  We should do a “weigh in” with each other each week.  Then we can hold each other accountable!

Post # 4
Member
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

YES, please add me!!!

I want to loose a least 10 before my wedding on May 14th! I don’t know how much exactly I’ve lost already, but I can wear my dress without my spanx now! That’s some definite motivation ๐Ÿ™‚

We got this!

edit- oh and my #1 goal is for my arms to look a ton better than they do right now!

Post # 5
Member
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ooo – ill be in on this – i want to lose 8kg before my wedding in September!!

Ate too much gelato during our month in Italy!! Whoops!

Post # 6
Member
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yep me too!  I want to get down 10 more pounds… already lost six woo hoo!  Would love some support!

Post # 8
Member
256 posts
Helper bee

count me in:)

im not getting married any time soon, but i need to lose weight, badly:( id like to lose at least 10lbs before valentines day, heres hoping:P

i havent read all the comments but if we pick a certain day of the week to way in??

 

 

Post # 9
Member
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

Maybe move this to fitness and this can be a new fitness buddy group.  Good luck gals/guys!

Post # 10
Member
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@laktolkr: We are date twins and I want to loose 10 as well!  Perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
Member
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m getting married in July too! I’ve been doing the Jillian Michaels Shred, and it’s amazing. 

I’ve lost about 5 lbs out of 10 that I’d like to lose, and that’s by doing the workouts 4 times a week and have started substituting protein shakes for breakfast. It makes a big difference!

Post # 12
Member
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I would love to be counted in too!! Ten pounds is harder to lose than it sounds…and I am having a hard time ๐Ÿ™

I want to lose it ASAP and then just work on maintaining instead of waiting till a few months before the wedding….

I have never really participated in something like this, so let me know how this works ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
Member
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I think you guys have the right idea.  Getting in shape is much easier when you have friends to help motivate and encourage you. 

I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to make a couple of notes regarding weight loss, to hopefully help you get to your goals faster. 

  1. Drink at least 1/2 your weight in oz. of water EVERY day.  (If you’re 150, you need to drink 75 oz. (or 6 12.5 oz bottles) of water each day)  Yes, it sounds like a lot, but this will keep the water weight/bloating down and ensure that you’re properly hydrated.
  2. Exercise is 20% of weight loss – the other 80% is from your diet.  So, once you have the proper nutrition, the lbs will start melting off.  Exercise is icing on the cake, or in our case, the toned arms and back that we’ll be showing off in our dresses ๐Ÿ˜‰
  3. Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.  If you slack on your sleep, your body will not respond as well to exercise
  4. Don’t depend on the scale!  Some people will lose inches before they see any change on the scale.  Try taking measurments of the bust/waist/hips and compare that each week along with the weight on the scale. 
  5. Do NOT get discouraged!!  When you start a new diet and exercise plan, it can take up to a month for you to notice any changes.  All the while, your body is starting to adjust to the healthy change.  If you don’t see any changes after a month, take another look at your diet – you might find there are some things that you could avoid, or even add (ie:  more protein, veggies)

Most importantly – GOOD LUCK!!

 

Post # 14
Member
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It looks like 10 is the magic number here…I would be interested if we do get this group going.

Post # 15
Member
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Is it too late to get in on this?

Post # 16
Member
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Lets do it, 10 is what I want to loose too!  I think we should check in with our weight each week (that what i do at weight watchers and it helps in the beginning to be accountable).

The topic ‘weight’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors