Post # 1
- Wedding: June 2010 - Claxton Farm
I was just thinking about weird living-together rules and guidelines that Mr. Snow and I have developed over the years. For example:
1. The person driving the car gets the front cup holder and radio control.
2. If you’re on your laptop in the living room, you don’t get to control the remote.
Do you have weird couple rules/guidelines? I’d love to hear some!
Post # 3
The person driving definitely gets to pick the music (and control the air temp)!
The person who cooks dinner packs the lunches for the next day 🙂
Post # 4
We have the same rules! The front cupholder is more for ease of reach than anything though.
We also do not play Monopoly together at all as a rule.
Post # 5
- Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion
Haha, those are good rules!
1. When we’re on a long road trip, I always drive last b/c I’m better at staying awake. It’s pretty much an unspoken rule.
2. Whoever cooks the other person has to do the dishes (though sometimes this isn’t enforced!).
3. Whenever college football is on, the Dude gets the tv(s). Any other time, I have dibs. 🙂
Post # 6
1. same as you, if you’re on the laptop you do not get the remote
2. things must be deleted together on the DV-R
3. he feeds the cat, I feed the dog(never discussed..just kinda happened)
Can’t think of anything else but I know we’ve got more!
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2010 - Claxton Farm
@mouse- We have similar football rules. Mr Snow gets Sundays and Monday Night Football. Otherwise, I get the TV for the most part. I like football, so this works out well.
@soonerpsych- Oooh, no Monopoly b/c of competitiveness? (I get so goofily angry when Mr. Snow beats me at chess and Monopoly… “I didn’t even want to play anyway b/c you always prey on my lack of skill” and other ridiculous things that aren’t true. Mr. Snow just laughs and charges me another 1200 dollars for landing on his hotel property.)
@Mimosa- The DVR one is REALLY good.
Post # 8
@mouse: we match on 2 and 3! except he gets the tv more often because of College Football, Hockey, and College Basketball…. which leads me to reading quite a bit!
Post # 9
@snow – Yeah no Monopoly for the lack of niceness. He even admits it, but he tends to make deals with everyone but me (and plenty of deals include “I’ll only trade if you don’t trade with her”!). But we can play plenty of other games, I don’t know what the problem gets to be in Monopoly…
Post # 10
- Wedding: May 2010 - The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
We totally do the driver gets the front cup holder too!
Also @mouse – opposite for us on #1: Mr. Guinea Pig always drives when it’s late because I fall asleep so easily!
Post # 11
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
After dinner, one of us does the dishes and one of us takes the dog out.
I let him have the TV most of the time, but I always get to watch Lost, House, The Office and Glee.
When we’re vegging out, I always get the sofa and he always gets the loveseat.
Post # 12
1) Whoever does the cooking gets help with the dishes and clean-up.
2) Whoever goes to bed first at night makes sure the other person wakes up on time in the morning.
3) Whoever goes in the kitchen first in the a.m. puts on the pot of coffee.
Post # 13
We have a couple of those!
1. One activity at a time. If you’re on your laptop, no tv remote!
2. Ask before you go #2 in the bathroom in case the other person has to #1
3. You cut/separate/divide, I choose which portion I get
4. You cook, I do the dishes.
5. The driver gets the radio, but the passenger gets the climate control
6. The passenger is the official navigator! Map out, figuring out where we’re going!
Post # 14
- Wedding: March 2011 - The Providence Biltmore
We have a no pooping in front of each other rule. THANK GOODNESS! hehe
Post # 15
1. We have a chart to keep track of who took out the dog last/most. So if you have less checks it’s your turn to take them out. We used to bicker about this a lot.
2. If we both watch a series, we don’t watch the dvr’d show without the other person.
3. I feed the dogs breakfast, he feeds them dinner.
I’m sure we have more, but those are the ones that come to mind.
Post # 16
If there is a show we are both interested in, we watch together or Tivo it so we can watch together later.
I give the dog a bone before I leave for work, he gives the cat treats before he leaves
The passenger figures out what to listen to on the radio (there are very few fights over this, we like pretty much all the same music)
This is all I can think of at the moment