(Closed) WELCOME ALL JUNE 2015 BRIDES!

posted 7 years ago in June 2015
Post # 91
4 posts
Wannabee

Hey ladies!

June 27th, 2015 bride here!!! So excited, cannot wait for the day to arrive.

its been an interesting journey. I have been with my fiancé for 9 years and we have been officially engaged since June 2014.

its really crazy how my tastes have changed throughout this process. The way I thought I wanted things is so different than what I have picked out lol

I never thought I would fall in love with blush pink and very romantic, girly aspects but here I am…going with a palette of blush, cream and gold. 

I have two dresses. A Reem Acra Angel Wing gown and a Watters Samina gown. I never thought I would want something ball gown but I found the Watters after I purchased the Reem and I will wear the gown for the ceremony and first dance and the Reem for dinner and dancing.

Ordered my STD cards last night and am anxiously awaiting for them to arrive.

Post # 92
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Also a June 27th bride….feeling like I’m running behind with getting things accomplished because it took some time to pick a venue, then the date. Dress shopping in a couple of weeks, guest list punched out. Yikes. What else should I have accomplished by now?!

Post # 93
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
JohnandMaureen:  As long as you have the venue and date, those are the big hurdles. Everything kind of falls into place after that. I only got so much done so far in advance since we’re doing a domestic destination wedding and wanted all of our major vendors picked out by the end of our planning trip in August.

How is everyone elses planning going? I feel like right now we’re in a lull, but we did decide on Gold Chiavari chairs last week, so that was exciting. Who knew picking out chairs could be so stressful/ exciting?

Post # 94
22 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! We got engaged in June (this year) and got lucky that the venue we fell in love with had one saturday left in June ’15. Just bought the dress today! Next thing on my agenda are the engagement photos and save-the-dates (I need a photographer!), the DJ and officiant. I feel a bit behind on it all but we’ve had such a busy summer and it took all of August to pin down a venue/date…

Post # 95
48 posts
Newbee

I’m June 13, 2015.  Was going to be June 20 but some anxiety and family drama led to a date move. So far we’ve booked the venue witb in house catering, put together guest names (but not addresses), designed a save the date on paperless post, and did one of two hotel room blocks.  I really want to book the band and photographer but picking feels overwhelming. Also extremely anxious about dress shopping!

Post # 96
211 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Closertofine:  Good luck dress shopping! I was pretty nervous too, I was just worried I wouldn’t find anything. I made three appointments and I found the dress at the first one. It was actually the one I had been eyeing online, so I guess I was pretty spot on with what I thought I would like.

Of the other ladies who have gotten their dresses already, did you have ‘the moment’? After reading some of these boards, I guess a lot of brides don’t. When I tried on the dress I ended up purchasing, I knew I really liked it, but I still had a few more to try on. When I tried it on for the second time (after I was done with the other dresses), I completely had that SYTTD moment. It was more the realization that I was actually getting married and such, but it was still pretty cool. Even my Future Mother-In-Law teared up, which I was not expecting!

Post # 97
3 posts
Wannabee

Hi everyone! I’m June 6, 2015.. we had originally set the date for the 13th but due to some circumstances out of our control we had to go a weekend back. We’ve been engaged since March of this year, and right now we’ve got our venue booked (with in house catering), photographer booked, dj booked, bought my dress (yay!!), and we’re getting ready to take engagement pics this weekend so we can send out save the dates soon after. Feel like we’ve got a decent amount of things done so far, but still so much to do!

Post # 98
2309 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi Everyone! We were originalyl going to get married last August but moved itback to back a condo. We are now getting married on 6/13/15 (unless I get preggo and we move it up..lol). I have the church booked, our venue picked out, photographer, DJ and bagpiper booked so I am pretty excited. Oh I have my dress too so next we are onto the details. We aren’t having a bridal yparty (just my sis as my MOH) and probably wont have a shower or bachelorette party. I am 41 so feel too old for some of those things. 

Post # 99
219 posts
Helper bee

For some reason I’ve been in hardcore bridebrain mode the past few days and I just stumbled across this board!! I’m a 6.20.15 bride and I CANNOT WAIT!! My lovely fiance and I got engaged on 5.31.14 after almost 6 years together & living together about a year and a half. 6.20 was actually the only day left between March and August at the venue I liked best. I jumped into the planning right away trying to get everything I possibly could done ASAP just to be done with it lol! So far I have:

-Church for ceremony

-Venue for reception (it’s a cc, so catering is taken care of, including all food for cocktail hour, obvi the main meal, open bar for all 5 hours, and the cake!!)

– Hotel (The hotel is actually the venue I went to look at but they show you the country club too if you want b/c they own it, it’s right down the street, and I fell in love with the cc)

– There is a complimentary shuttle from the hotel to the cc every 1/2 hour, which is amazing and means I don’t have to get a shuttle.

-Photographer booked and e-shoot done

-DJ booked

-Singer for ceremony booked

-Makeup artist booked to come to the house morning of

-Hair stylist also coming to the house

-Dress ordered but not in yet, poofy underthing for the skirt, bra, & veil came in last weekend!

-Bridesmaid dresses ordered

-I just ordered 3 pairs of shoes lol they should all be in Friday and I’ll have to choose 1! 

-Guest list done & my DIY save the dates have been ready for months lol but I’m not sending them until prob January.

– In my wedding mode yesterday (when ordering all the shoes) I ordered a cake topper & a garter

-I’m not a huge fan of flowers but I am crafty so I’m making the bouquets for me and the ladies, but I’m doing just babys breath centerpieces and painted all my mason jars that I’ve been hoarding.. not a huge mason jar fan but they’re easy and they’re free after you use the sauce 😉 I couldn’t bring myself to spring for flowers when I can just order what I want and do what I want with them instead of blowing like $5grand

Now that it’s getting freezing here in Philly, I’ll totally be researching honeymoon spots and daydreaming lol!

Post # 101
905 posts
Busy bee

Hi everyone! New June 2015 bride. Not super new to weddingbee, was previously engaged for a short time to the wrong person! Fast forward years later and I have an amazing relationship and am planning our wedding! Our date is June 20, 2015 and we’ll be married in DC where my fiancé is from and where we’re moving to in 2months!

Just wanted to say hi, introduce myself and congratulate everyone!

Post # 102
184 posts
Blushing bee

Hello everyone..just wanted to check in and see how we all are doing. I just passed my 6 mos on the 6th and I am ready for the home stretch.

As I predicted I have been twiddling my thumbs.  I am so ready to get moving again with the planning.  All I have left to do is make the bouts, the alter decorations and mail the invitations.  Catering, photog, video, dress/grooms’ attire, wedding party attire, venue, recept, transpo, music, centerpieces invites and table decor..ALL done!

Fiance and I have taken this month off of wedding talk/planning to concentrate on Christmas and also to help deter wedding burnout from setting in.  But I know come January 2nd I will be jumping up and down to get back into the finishing touches on my dream day!

How are you doing?  Have you decided to take a break for the holidays or are you rolling full steam ahead?

Post # 103
211 posts
Helper bee

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and see how planning is coming along. We just passed the 6 month mark on Saturday! My fiance and I were pretty cheesy, all day long we were like “6 months from now we’ll be waking up!” & “6 months from now we’ll be married and dancing terribly!” 

Planning is going really smoothly, pretty much all done. So far, picking out the linens has been the hardest part for me. In all honesty, I just havent found any I’ve loved, oh well.

Happy Holidays!!

Post # 104
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Brakefield

Hey ladies! June 27, 2015 bride here! So excited to be almost 6 months away. We’ve been working hard to get everything booked the past few months. We’ve booked the ceremony and reception site, DJ, caterer, photographer, and ive already ordered and received my dress. I have plans to do a cake testing and pick out bridesmaid dresses during my Christmas break. I’m pretty sure I’m going to order wholesale flowers for my bouquets and centerpieces.

Post # 105
11 posts
Newbee

Good Morning! I am a June 27th bride and that is also my birthday! I am a little freaked out, it is already January!

The topic ‘WELCOME ALL JUNE 2015 BRIDES!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors