(Closed) WELCOME ALL JUNE 2015 BRIDES!

posted 9 years ago in June 2015
Post # 106
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Train station ceremony / Hilton reception

I’m glad someone revived this thread.  I’m a June 20th bride and hoping some date twins will be posting soon! 

Post # 107
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
prinprin:  date twin! How’s your planning going??

Post # 108
4 posts
Wannabee

My name is Andrea Maitland and I have worked in the Event Planning & Special Events industry for several years and am looking to gain a better understanding of the current issues facing this industry and to also find solutions to these problems to help consumers when selecting an Event Planner or Decorator for their event.

Complete the survey below and the First 10 Respondents will win a $10 coupon to A Dream Paperie shop on Etsy!  https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ADreamPaperie

Survey Link – https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7QKYDGR

Post # 109
127 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to drop in to try to liven this thread up a little bit. I don’t know about any of you but it is really hitting home that our wedding is coming up…FAST! Seriously, we’re under 5 months away….how is that even possible?!?!

In the meantime, we’ve done our tastings and had some drama with the bridal party, but really nothing crazy. Hope everything is going well for all of you!

Post # 110
638 posts
Busy bee

Ordered my invites yesterday and finalizing our contract with our officiant this week. We are starting to plan and book our honeymoon too. Exciting things!

Post # 111
127 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  We actually ordered our invites on Monday, I can’t believe it was already time to order them. We’re having a Destination Wedding though, so we’re aiming to get them out in Mid-March.

Post # 112
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Surrey, BC, Canada

Hey fellow June-ies! I’m on the 27th. Yeah it is starting to hit home how fast it’s coming up! I am trying to finish up getting addresses now so that I can send out invites next month (around here people do it earlier than a lot of the books say it seems…). And then next thing is to get the guys their suits! ๐Ÿ™‚ After that… who knows at this point lol

It is starting to feel very real and very exciting now that we are in 2015!

Post # 113
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Mackinac Island, Michigan

Hello, fellow June brides! Our date is June 28th, 2015! We are having an intimate wedding with about 35 of our closest family and friends on Mackinac Island in Michigan. The venue, photographer, and officiant are booked and I have found my dress. We will just be going over little details over the next few months. Keeping it simple and letting the beauty of our location be a focal point. We are both so exited…so are our guests! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 114
817 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
gloriel81:  date twin!! Yay, someone else doing it on a Sunday! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 115
73 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
BdiBdi:  Yes! I don’t think there is anything wrong with having a wedding on a Sunday. Weddings have become really popular on Mackinac Island and of course, Saturday’s are the busiest. A lot of the venues on the island actually reserve Saturdays for larger wedding parties. Since I am having a small wedding, I am totally fine with not having it on a Saturday. The island will be less crowded and more relaxed! Once we chose the location, we knew we would choose a Sunday. Also, we are having family fly in from California and they will be staying with us for a week. By choosing the 28th, we will have them here for the 4th of July and liked that idea. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 116
127 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
gloriel81:  Mackinac is gorgeous! We were briefly thinking about having ours in Traverse City but decided on Naples instead.

How is everyone doing the +1’s? We’re having a small wedding (our ceremony venue has a capacity of 50). Originally I wasn’t planning on giving any of my cousins +1’s (I’m not close to them at all). Now, three of them have boyfriends (they didn’t when we were doing our guest list), plus we have another guest that has invited her daughter (by cornering FMIL) and now wants her daughter’s boyfriend to come as well.

We’re just stuck in a hard place because logistically we’d put ourselves in a terrible position if we granted all these +1’s, but I’m also afraid people are going to throw fits. Sigh.

Post # 117
73 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
BeachIU05:  Thanks! Traverse City is beautiful too and we had actually considered it as well. Do you live in Michigan? I may sound silly for aking, but are you getting married in Naples, FL or Naples, Italy? As far +1’s….I pretty much knew who I was inviting right away because we decided on a small wedding as well. Because all that are invited are our closest family and friends, we knew who would and wouldn’t bring someone. I had a packaged deal, so when I put my deposi down, I pretty much had to know then how many would be coming, so its basically at the limit, so I wouldn’t be able to bring in any more +1’s anyway. In my opinion, just stick to your original guest list. I ran into this problem myself and didn’t want to hurt any feelings or upset anyone, but we are paying for the wedding ourselves and knew we just wanted close family and friends, so I had to be honest and straight-forward about it. When it comes down to it, its your wedding day and you shouldn’t have any added stress over this type of situation. I would probably tell your guests the list is “as-is” due to the limited space. 

Post # 118
127 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
gloriel81:  Thanks! That is what I was thinking but it’s nice to hear it from an outside perspective, you know? Actually both my fiancee and I are from Michigan, that’s why we considered Traverse City. We decided on Naples, FL. We liked the idea of a domestic destination wedding since no matter what, most of our guests would have had to travel (my family and friends are all over the place).

We’re paying for the wedding ourselves too! Our budget has essentially doubled since we began planning…which is super stressful, but hey, it happens. We’re really into ‘money saving weekends’ right now…aka just relaxing at home with Netflix.

Post # 119
73 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
BeachIU05:  I definitely understand! It does help to get an outside perpective. Planning a wedding can be difficult…even a small one! My fiance’ and I initially wanted to elpoe because we didn’t want any stress whatsoever for our wedding. After talking about it though, we decided we did want the special people in our lives to be there with us, so we decided to keep it intimate and as stress free as possible. Our budget definitely went up too. I think that happens to most people! Oh, and Naples will be beautiful! I love Florida!

Post # 120
64 posts
Worker bee

My invites from vistaprint came in today and I LOVE them! We are trying to make everything happen for about $2500 with a guest list of 50. June 20th wedding date, I’m so excited!

The topic ‘WELCOME ALL JUNE 2015 BRIDES!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors