(Closed) Welcome Bags 2015…HELP!!

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 2
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I am considered destination but I live in the city my guests will be travelling to!

We are budgeting a max of 15.00 per bag

So far I know we are doing:

Mini Water Bottles

Map of the city

Cute door hanger for hotel

Welcome note

Peanuts or some of other snack

Macaroons which are also our favour to them

Check online though there are good ideas on what to incude for full destinations!

Post # 3
71 posts
Worker bee

search Out of Town bags and a wealth of information should pop up

Post # 4
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I’m not having a destination wedding, but I have a lot of out of town guests so I will be doing welcome bags. In my bag I’m going to have: mini bottles of wine, local snacks, sunscreen, bottled water, and a welcome note. I don’t know the exact costs, but I don’t plan on spending more than $20 for each bag.

I’m also planning to put everything in a tote bag so my guests can use the bags to wear around or to use after the wedding. There’s a bunch on Amazon if you want to take a look at those or Joann’s have some blank ones. I just found this one on sale for $3. http://www.joann.com/janlynn-canvas-tote/9890344.html#q=Tote+bag&start=4

If you’re on a tight budget though you can just use a gift bag, which should only be about $1 a bag.

Post # 5
5360 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
bkprettygirl:  We’re a 2-3 hour drive for most of our guests so most will actually just drive to/from the day of. But we are having  a lot from out of state who will be staying for a few days. I’m planning to do a reusable grocery bag ($0.99 at most places- LA and most of CA don’t do plastic bags anymore!). Then we’re adding some of our favorite things from California based companies:

Hubert’s Lemonade (free- FI’s cousin is a sales rep)

Hadley’s snacks (nuts and stuff from near my hometown) $3

Eclipse Caramel box (favorite San Diego chocolate) $5

An In & Out notepad (favorite burgers!) $1.50

Fortune cookies (actually invented in LA!) ?? Not more than $0.50 I’m sure

Mini bottle of wine $5

Clementines (if we can find them- possibly a couple weeks early for these) $1

We’ll add in some water and postcards. If I magically find extra cash in the budget I’d like to include a jar of Knott’s boysenberry jam since I grew up near Knott’s Berry Farm and the boysenberry was originally bred there. But we’ll see. 

Post # 6
111 posts
Blushing bee

We’re probably skipping welcome bags in favour of putting the money towards welcome drinks/day-after lunch (my Fiance thinks people would appreciate those things more), but I might just do a welcome letter.

Post # 7
3080 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
theblackcat:  +1 My family got welcome bags once, for a 2-night, Out of Town stay. They used very little inside, and what was left just went into the trash can, rather in than their suitcases, to fly home. Now if the couple had only used that money to upgrade the food … Ahhh!!!

Post # 8
60 posts
Worker bee

I am having a destination wedding for eveyone but my parents (its in my home town but the only ppl who live there are my parents – hey they r paying lol) So I was thinking of doing a welcome bag. But then I was thinking about every wedding I have been too that has had one and I NEVER used what was in it. So I have doing welcome packets instead. Folders for those who want them!! When they check into the hotel they will be asked if they want a welcome folder about the city and a timeline of events surronding the wedding. That way I dont have to spend a ton of $$$ and it is just information they can use or not use while they are visiting.

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
2XMOB: I was a bit worried about not doing them, since people on the bee all seem to think they’re a good idea, so I’m glad to hear you think the guests would be happy to be entertained more than once instead!

Post # 10
535 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bkprettygirl:  we are doing very inexpensive welcome bags because we arent paying for much so its an inexpensive way to say thanks! Ours will have,

Hand written thank you card. Also used as the label for the bag

Mini skyy vodka with a single serve sparkling cranberry juice

Double wall tumber with straw with personalized label(bought them from the dollar tree and a lady at my work does the vinyl stickers, so we got lucky!!)

Almonds, granola bar, fruit snacks, gum, mentos, peanut butter crackers (sams made that very affordable)

Hand sanitizer

Little pack of tissues

Sunscreen

Advil

Sunglasses (oriental trading co. Had them for less than $1/ea.)

I made 19 for less then $100.

Post # 11
71 posts
Worker bee

I placed in my Welcome bags:

Canvas tote 14.95 for 25  (1  combined bag for couples)

Flip flops ( for the ladies) .98

Skin so soft bug repellant wipes .22 cent each for 48

travel size body wash .99 cents each

1 bath pouf .99

travel size first aid kit .99

lip balm 4/1.00

Tylenol/ Advil travel packets 4/1.00

Pepto bismol tablets  20/5.00

Listerine breath strips 20/ 1.00

Clear key/tip holders with lanyard 30/  10.00

Gatorade single serve powdered drink   20/8.00

Shout wipes  24/4.00

antibacterial hand wipes 20/20.00

Drink Tumblers 48/34.00

We plan on buying a used suitcase from Goodwill and packing everything in there, and paying the extra money to check the bag. We couldnt send everything to resort ahead of time because there is no gaurantee that everything will make it through customs due to theft.

Post # 12
71 posts
Worker bee

Oh I forgot to include the Welcome /Thank you letter, and Wed pic upload codes. I think thats it…lol

The topic ‘Welcome Bags 2015…HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors