(Closed) Welp, there goes another $600!

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@napabridekelsey: Aw I’m sorry you’ve had such an issue with this! πŸ™ ((HUGS))

Post # 4
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I did this exact thing, drove from southern Oregon to LA for the Carnival Cruise, not sure if I could be any help but feel free to PM me if you have any questions :).

That was my dillemma, flights didn’t get in until after I was supposed to be on the ship. And I was SO thankful we decided to drive because 2 weeks before our cruise, we had a friend go to the airport & the plane just didn’t show up & didn’t tell her & she waited for hours at the airport. Then, they couldn’t give her a flight til the next day. If that happened to us, we would’ve missed our cruise & we couldn’t fly into Mexico because we didn’t have passports (only need driver’s license for the Carnival cruises).

You know what, it makes it a LOT easier driving because of all the luggage you might bring. Planes charge a lot so it was actually cheaper (including gas) to drive than it would have been to fly.

Post # 5
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

WOW, your travel agent should have never let you book flights going in at 2:45pm for a cruise leaving the same day, with this being the main reason. The cruise lines will not wait at all for you, unless you had booked the air through them directly. I ALWAYS tell my clients they need to plan on arriving in town the day before or at latest 9am the morning of the cruise. Of course I also have them sign hold harmless agreements should they not take my suggestions for flights.

Post # 6
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Awh, that stinks πŸ™ I’m sorry that happened! I wish honeymoons always worked out perfect and went without a hitch for everyone…Maybe you can think of fun pre honeymoon activities to do on the road trip? 

Post # 8
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

πŸ™  I’m sorry!

I was afraid of being late for our cruise too!  The whole family was so we ended up all flying in the night before and staying a night just so we wouldn’t get delayed.  We have bad luck with delayed flights and lost luggage..

Post # 9
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@napabridekelsey: I remember we left with a few hours to spare in case we got lost or due to traffic, so keep that in mind. I was terrified there’d be crazy LA traffic & it would cause a delay & the ship would leave without us. Lukily that didn’t happen, we had plenty of time to spare & everything was ok :). Napa is beautiful, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time there. I would not want to drive back & forth within a matter of days, so smart choice & glad that works out! Someone on here gave me a website that tells you up to date LA traffic, I’ll see if I can find it. If you have a smart phone, that may help you cause you can check it from your phone. I was glued to checking it when we got close to LA.

Post # 12
46590 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Lesson learned I guess. Every travel website I have been on recommends arriving the day before for a cruise.

I’m glad you are close enough that driving is an alternative.

You can use your credit to plan a one year anniversary getaway.

The topic ‘Welp, there goes another $600!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors