(Closed) We’re in the 250’s!!

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I KNOW! Can you believe? I felt that way when it was exactly one year away … and now we’re 1/3 of the way there!

Post # 5
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Woohoo!!! It’s going by so fast! 

Post # 7
1148 posts
Bumble bee

Yea, it’s crazy how quick it’s going, especially since we’re overhauling some of our planning right now. I just wasn’t happy with our menu choices and couldn’t pick a cake for the life of me!

Post # 8
1560 posts
Bumble bee

Oh lord have mercy I’m SO excited!!!! I feel like things are slow for us because what’s that? Oh yeah. Still no ring. Grrrrr HA! We find out today if he got the job so keep your fingers crossed because that means I get a ring!!!!!! πŸ˜€ On a planning note, we are booking our caterer next week so that’s pretty much the last “big” thing off the list. Now it’s time for the billions of little things….

I can’t believe how quickly this time is going by!!!!!

Post # 10
1148 posts
Bumble bee

@nurselindsey I love all the fondant cake pictures, but my Fiance hates fondant and I’ve never found another person’s fondant to be enjoyable (weird, I know, but they all taste different than mine and I don’t like it). So, buttercream is our only choice, but now I’m not even sure I want a cake…maybe cupcakes…or pie…or who knows what! Also, congrats to your Fiance for getting a great job. I actually just got a possible job offer yesterday out of the blue for a place I didn’t think I could get a job at. Hopefully I’ll know by the end of the week.

[Edit] I posted my To Do list in a different topic on the boards, but mostly I’m hoping to get the dessert and menu figured out, renew my passport (NWR), make a mock-up bouquet, book our photographer, price out our (new) menu and work on my origami cranes. Oh and work on our invitations. I’ve already got them written up, so now I just need our Groomsmen to design the border and a bow to put on it and then I can hopefully get the materials ordered and printed up and ready to send out.

Post # 12
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Ah! So excited!!! So for May I am hoping to book out photographer, band/dj, finalize Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses! and interview/hire florists. Ah and invitations! We need to start looking into them as well.

Post # 13
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Super excited!  In 2 weeks there will only be 8 months to go.  I can’t believe how quickly it’s going by already I can’t even imagine how fast it is going to go by the last few months.  FI cousin is doing our Save-The-Date Cards and started working on those for us!  One more thing to cross off the list!

Post # 14
1560 posts
Bumble bee

@nurselindsey: Thanks for the encouragement, no news today unfortunately but I’m hoping for the news tomorrow! And I know what you mean, I feel engaged but people look at me like I’m a psycho and I don’t want to have to lie and say my ring is getting sized…ugh. Oh well! And congrats on your FI’s new job, that’s soooo exciting!!!

We have our invites designed and I’m going to order paper in May, hopefully have them done by June. I’m going to just print them and put them together a few at a time to save my sanity πŸ˜‰ Waiting for the ring for e-pictures which means waiting on STD’s but we’ll see! So I think mainly it’s the little things for me too. I need to print off a checklist and see what I have left…although the week before finals? The sight of that list might give me a heart attack, ha! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
382 posts
Helper bee

@nurselindsey — you have plenty of time to think about save-the-dates. my mom is graphic designer, so she’s designing all of our paper goods, but we haven’t done much with them either. i don’t anticipate sending them out til mid-July.

we have most our our big things taken care of (venue, photographer, dress, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, DJ…). we’re going home next weekend to do our cake tasting before FH deploys for 6 months (wahhhh!) and picking up our wedding rings! it is going to be SO hard not to wear my new bling while he’s gone … maybe just around the house? πŸ™‚

i’m just starting to think about floral arrangements, and we need to hire musicians for the ceremony & cocktail hour. AND MY DRESS GETS IN IN JULY! WOOOOO!

it’s starting to finally feel closer & more real, my January-bees!

The topic ‘We’re in the 250’s!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors