(Closed) We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Hey mrstac! We are in the same boat! 🙂 best of luck to you!!

Jan 2017 were starting to TTC!

we are both 30

im taking prenatals and will go off birth control next month. I’ve been on the pill for about 15 years so I’m a little nervous for that!

most excited for? Tough one. I think seeing my husband become a father, expanding our family, being able finally buy those cute little outfits, and being a mommy! 🙂

and we have had a list of possible names going for a few years!! 

<iframe id=”google_ads_iframe_/2922/Wedding_BeeMobile/boards/320x50_top_0″ style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border-width: 0px; color: #464646; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; vertical-align: bottom; background-position: 0px 0px;” title=”3rd party ad content” name=”google_ads_iframe_/2922/Wedding_BeeMobile/boards/320x50_top_0″ width=”320″ height=”50″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

Post # 3
1155 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

We are not TTC until the later part of 2017 (October ish) but I realized today that I have one year left of being on the pill.. so I’m mentally doing a 12-month countdown… crazy to think it’s so soon! Our engagement is/was just one year, and the past 11 months have absolutely flown by so I’m sure the next year will too! 🙂 

Post # 4
6963 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

We’re planning to start in January on #2 but my husband is crazy fertile so I’m prepared that we might be starting sooner than that (especially since I’ve just gone off birth control and I’m super lazy about tracking my cycle).

tongue-out

Post # 5
4027 posts
Honey bee

When will you start TTC? January 2017

How old are you and your partner? I am 28 and DH is almost 30.

How are you preparing for TTC? I currently take a multivitamin daily and so does DH. I may switch to a prenatal before TTC though.

What are you most excited about? Taking on the adventure of raising a child together. DH and I both work with children and really enjoy it. We have intentionally built our finances, home set up and lives to prepare to have a child one day, and that is soon. DH is amazing with children and I am excited to see him become a father.

Any other ramblings you may have:  I am not really looking forward to going off BC because I have the Mirena IUD. I have read that many women have long and heavy periods for about 1-2 weeks after removal. So hoping that doesn’t happen to me…but we will see. Also, not going to lie, being on the IUD for 10 years was really nice, as strange as it was at first, I haven’t had a regular period in years. I do not miss aunt flo, haha.

Post # 6
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Same boat here! I’m so excited!

When will you start TTC?  December 2016/January 2017

How old are you and your partner? Both 28 now and will be 29 hopefully when we have the baby

How are you preparing for TTC? I just started taking prenatals this week. I started weight watchers and am rejoining the gym in Friday to try and lose some weight I gained because of a thyroid condition, Trying to find a new OB/GYN, and just doing research.

What are you most excited about? We are both so excited to see what our kids will looks like. I can’t wait to take on this new challenge with my hubby! Im excited to go shopping for baby stuff.

Any other ramblings you may have: I cant stop wandering into the baby section of any store I walk into and looking at all the super cute baby clothes I can’t wait to start buying! I just can’t wait for it to happen. It’s taking everything in me to not blurt out that we are TTC to everyone I know!

Post # 7
639 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

When will you start TTC? 

January 2017! I’m getting my nexplanon out November 1 and will be NTNP for those couple of months. Then full on TTC in January. (Baby #2!!) 

How old are you and your partner? 

I’m 24, he’s 34. It took 38 cycles (just over 3 years) TTC Dear Daughter, so we are going to be proactive this time and my OBGYN may start intervention sooner rather than later (I have endometriosis/PCOS and had to have a lap to conceive DD). 

How are you preparing for TTC? 

I’m already on prenatals, but I’m trying to lose some weight before getting pregnant again (hopefully I’ll be able to lose 15-20 lbs by January since I’ll gain it back with pregnancy). I have a ton of ovulation kits and pregnancy tests already, so we’re good there. Other than that, just preparing mentally for the possibility of a second kid!

What are you most excited about? 

Baby names! I’ve already made a running list, but the BFP makes choosing a name *real*, if that makes sense.

Any other ramblings you may have: 

DH and I were talking recently and decided if we were going to have more than 1 baby, we needed to go ahead and start TTC since it took us so long last time. I was so shocked he brought it up since he was previously iffy on having another so close to Dear Daughter (She’ll be at least 2 when we have the next). 

I wouldn’t be upset if we got BFP the first cycle though, last time was rough! I’m hoping it’s a girl (again) because we have ALL of our clothes from Dear Daughter newborn-12 months and that would save a lot of $$ 😂

Post # 9
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hello! This is my first post here, although I’ve been lurking for a while since before I got married earlier this year. But my husband and I will also be TTC in early 2017 and I’m super excited about it, so just thought I would join this thread! 

I have been so broody for ages now, but I’m in the middle of having some dental work done so we’re waiting until that’s done before TTC. It should all be finished by early January, so as soon as it’s done we’ll start trying! I came off the pill a couple of months ago after about 6 years on it, and my cycles have been pretty long (around 35 – 38 days) so I’m a little worried about that, but I’m pretty sure I am ovulating so fingers crossed the long cycles won’t be a problem. 

How old are you and your partner? I’ll be 30 when we start and hubby will be almost 35.

How are you preparing for TTC? Trying to lose a little weight, came off the pill a couple of months ago, and I may start charting a couple of months before TTC.  

What are you most excited about? Seeing my husband be a father because I know he’ll be so great! Also, having an adorable little baby to cuddle.

Any other ramblings you may have: I’m also finding it hard to not start buying baby clothes! Luckily I have a 6 month old niece who I can buy adorable clothes for instead, which helps a little!

Post # 10
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We’re trying for #2 in January. I had a miscarriage before getting pregnant with my son (who just turned 1), and I’m praying that doesn’t happen again! I got pregnant on the first try both times, so I hope I get pregnant quickly again. Good luck to all of you! I haven’t been too active on the bee since I gave birth but I’ll peak in now and then!

Post # 11
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have been dying to try for #2 since my Dear Daughter was 3 months old! She’s now 8.5 months old.

When will you start TTC?

January 2017! We got incredibly lucky last time so I don’t want to start trying until we are 100% ready! 

How old are you and your partner?

We are both 32.

How are you prepping for TTC?

I need to lose 20 lbs and I also want to start running again so I can run throughout this pregnancy. I’ll start taking a prenatal vitamin in December.

What are you most excited about?

The teeny tiny baby stage! And seeing my Dear Daughter become a big sister. And just having another little being to love so much.

Any other ramblings you may have:

We will be Team Green again and really would be excited for either gender. We are the only ones who can carry on the family name but I also want another Dear Daughter. Would be so nice to have 2 girls so close in age!

Post # 12
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Hi guys,

I’m getting married on New years eve this year and I am beyond excited Hubby and I will start trying on honeymoon.

When you start TTC? January 2017

How old are you and your partner? I am 29 and DH will be 30 in Nov 

How are you preparing for TTC? I am taking multivitamin and I plan to start taking Geritol in December. My Older Aunts swear by it! LOL two of my close friends have tried it and have gotten BFP’s as well.

What are you most excited about? Im so excited to see my hubby become a dad and to have cute little baby to raise together.

Any other ramblings you may have: I bought a giant plush elephant for the nursey! I couldnt help it especially since DH is huge Alabama fan Roll Tide!!!

Post # 13
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Courthouse

I’m not TTC but I just wanted to say congrats!! That’s an exciting time that I can’t wait for in my future. 

Good luck to all of you ladies smile

Post # 14
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Hello all!

My husband and I have been married for just about a year. The plan was TTC this year right after our 1 year anniversary trip to Florida, but with the Zika threat we are pushing it back.

When will you start TTC? April 2017

How old are you and your partner? I am 24 but I’ll be 25 in November. Husband is 27 and will be 28 in March.

How are you preparing for TTC? I just stopped my birth control (the patch) last week… but mainly because of the killer migraines I’ve been getting and I think the birth control was the cause. I have a OB appointment after we return from our trip and I plan on asking her about prenatal. I’d also like to lose a little weight. 

What are you most excited about? Finally being able to start a family with the one I love. I can’t wait to see what our children will look like. I can’t wait to shop for baby things! I’m also really excited about seeing my husband as a dad and getting to be a mom. I hope we make great parents.

Any other ramblings you may have. I’m hoping we don’t have any issues TTC. The plan is to have 2 children before I turn 30. I’m hoping to have 1 girl and 1 boy, but obviously all that matters is a healthy baby. It’s going to be a long 6 months. Both my husband and I are ready to have a baby. 

Good luck to all you ladies!!

Post # 15
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

How old are you and your partner? We’re both 29.

How are you preparing for TTC? I stopped taking BC in August 2015 and recently had a first appointment with my OB/GYN to talk about all kinds of TTC related things and started prenatals after that. I also started exercising more and improving my diet.

What are you most excited about? EVERYTHING!!! I’ve wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and I just know that my husband is going to make a wonderful dad. Super excited for every little step of the way!!!

Any other ramblings you may have. I haven’t bought anything because I am terrified that TTC will be difficult for us and don’t want to jinx it (which is obviously incredibly ridiculous), but I may or may not spend quite some time browsing amazon and putting cute things on my Baby wishlist that nobody knows about. 😉

The topic ‘We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors