(Closed) We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 33
9406 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
mrstac :  amazon and etsy are the two places I’ve looked!

Post # 35
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
mrstac :  Yay very exciting! Who knows, you could get lucky before even officially trying!

I looooove Etsy too! I got the cutest bibs for my Dear Daughter and stuff for her first bday and because I’m ridiculous I already bought her big sister shirt for the baby announcement for a baby I’m not yet pregnant with. Baby fever has hit me hard!! Lol

Post # 36
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Haha, I fell you all on the baby shopping fever!!! I have promised myself not to actually buy anything before I am really pregnant, but I definitely have a baby wishlist on amazon, several things bookmarked on the German version of etsy and multiple secret baby boards on Pinterest…
I’ve been having the worst baby fever for the past few months, so it feels great to actually start the whole TTC process. We have officially stopped preventing, but with AF due any day now I am nowhere near my fertile window. But just a few weeks to go until we can get our first cycle started. So excited!!!!!

Post # 37
2121 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

When will you start TTC? January 2017

How old are you and your partner? 29 and 30

How are you preparing for TTC? We’ve had the egg retrieval and have 11 blasts frozen! Taking prenatals, walking a lot, eating well and no coffee or soy.

What are you most excited about? I already have a 15-month old so she’ll get a sibling! I can’t wait to be pregnant again, for my planned home birth, having a tiny baby again, breastfeeding again, definitely the baby shopping and washing tiny clothes in the laundry again ☺️!!

Any other ramblings you may have: I had hyperemesis gravia last time for 13 weeks and it was the worst thing I’ve ever, ever been through and I’m still upset I was forced to be miserable and sick when I wanted to enjoy being pregnant😭  So this time I’m taking magnesium supplements as this may reduce nausea, and just praying it doesn’t happen again. I loved the rest of my pregnancy, labour and having a little one but they grow up so fast ;_; Can’t wait to hold a teeny baby again!!

Post # 38
2121 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

Omg baby shopping’!! I was shopping in H&M a couple of weeks ago for my firstborn and ‘accidentally’ wandered over to the newborn section and bought the cutest little gender neutral yellow pants and bear hoodie set for the non-existent baby oops!!!

Post # 39
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
mrstac :  thank you! It’s really easy to get sucked into the idea that everything must be set before a baby arrives, but as your mother’s inspiring example shows, kids change things, but shouldn’t actually prevent ‘life’ from going on and evolving.

My parents moved around and traveled and didn’t settle until they had three kids. We’re all doing fine.

Also, it’s been anecdotally shown that PhD students with kids finish a lot faster… not that I want a baby to speed up the dissertation writing hem hem 😉 

Post # 40
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi alll! Long time lurker here coming out of the shadows! Looking forward to TTC in the beginning of 2017 and being more active on these boards — I feel like I’ve already learned so much from lurking! 

When will you start TTC? We will start at the very end of January/beginning of February, depending on how my fertile week falls during that time. I am literally counting down the days. 

How old are you and your partner? I’m 30, he’s 29. 

How are you preparing for TTC? Been off the pill for about 6 weeks and tracking my cycles for a few months. Been taking a pre natal for 8 months or so. Trying to enjoy all the sushi and coffee now, although I have cut way back on all tuna rolls because I read mercury stays in your system for three months. 

What are you most excited about? I’m so excited to be pregnant, share the news with friends and family, and build a family with DH.

Any other ramblings you might have: I am nervous about balancing work during this time. I have an intense, stressful job and I hope I can compartmentalize my work life better so I enjoy this special time to its fullest. 

Looking forward to being on POAS boards with you ladies!

Post # 41
1 posts
Wannabee

Flag-please delete

Post # 42
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

When will you start TTC? Jan.-April 2017 

How old are you and your partner? I’m 27, he’s 29.

How are you preparing for TTC? Gonna be going off the pill in the next month or 2, exercising more and eating more healthily. Would like to go to the doctor too to talk about pre-TTC stuff, esp since this will be our first and I’m not sure what to expect!

What are you most excited about? I’m most excited about welcoming a baby into our hearts and homes and taking on this new chapter and adventure of raising a child together. It will be so fun to see the world anew and fresh through a child’s eyes and experience that joy and excitement alongside them. Also, it will be so sweet to see my husband in the new role of a dad, as I know he’ll be an awesome daddy!

Any other ramblings you may have: It seems now that all of a sudden hubby would like to start TTC sooner rather than later. We have a trip to Hawaii planned for the end of March and I’d rather wait till after that to avoid morning sickness and all the other not-so-pleasant side effects that come along with the first trimester, but now he’s like will it really be that bad? I’ve told him that it could be and I’d rather not be pregnant during our vacation in Hawaii so that I can fully enjoy it (beaches, hiking, surfing, biking, etc. not to mention the occasional tropical cocktail!). I don’t see what the big difference is in a couple months time! But now all of a sudden he’s very eager it seems!

Post # 43
1038 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amybeth689 :  Oh I would stay strong and wait til after your vacation! You will not regret having one last carefree vacation!!

View original reply
LadyFunk :  Welcome! I hear you on the stressful job. My job was ridiculous while I was pregnant and I think you are very smart to already think about balance. I did it all wrong and worked crazy hours and missed out on so much time with DH before we became a family of 3. It’s a big regret!

Post # 44
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
jjbeebee :  Haha yeah I’ve talked to my mom about it and she’s with me there too! It’s just exciting cuz this is the most on-board and ready he’s been and I’d hate to see him lose that excitement! lol

Post # 45
1038 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amybeth689 :  It’s so cute when boys get all excited!!

The topic ‘We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors