(Closed) We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
6927 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

Does mid 2017 count? I hope so.

When you start TTC? Summer 2017. This will be baby #2.

How old are you and your partner? 35 and almost 32 myself

How are you preparing for TTC? I am enjoying my son as much as I can. I’m trying to lose a few pounds.

What are you most excited about? I’m super excited about giving our son a little brother/sister. I can’t wait to have a little one, stay home just everything.

Any other ramblings you may have: I would love to have as close to a home birth as possible. We are planning to move to California and not sure if we can find a good birthing center there. 

Good luck to everyone!

Post # 47
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hello bees.

I got married in August 2016, and we will start ttc in January 2017. I’m 32, husband is 34.

I’m a worrier so I saw a few ob gyn before I choose the one I would like to see while pregnant.

In our firs apt she prescribed me folic acid and several blood tests including STD´s, rubella and others, I´m currently waiting these results.

I’m very excited but also nervous and anxious, in my life I´ve never had anything “easy” so I´m a preparing myself to the next few months of emotional roller-coaster.

I’m using easy at home ovulations test but I left the pill the past week so nothing yet.

Baby dust to everybody!

Post # 48
227 posts
Helper bee

Hello bees.

I got married in August 2016, and we will start ttc in January 2017. I’m 32, husband is 34.

I’m a worrier so I saw a few ob gyn before I choose the one I would like to see while pregnant.

In our firs apt she prescribed me folic acid and several blood tests including STD´s, rubella and others, I´m currently waiting these results.

I’m very excited but also nervous and anxious, in my life I´ve never had anything “easy” so I´m a preparing myself to the next few months of emotional roller-coaster.

I’m using easy at home ovulations test but I left the pill the past week so nothing yet.

Baby dust to everybody!

Post # 50
244 posts
Helper bee

Oooh count me in!

When will you start TTC? January-February 2017

How old are you and your partner? I’ll be 27 when we start, he’s 35. 

How are you preparing for TTC? Started with Folic Acid, eating healthier and exercising more

What are you most excited about? Having a baby bump and having a little bundle of joy to take home 🙂

Any other ramblings you may have: My husband and I moved to Australia from South Africa in October. We have been doing so much research on how pregnancy and birth related services work in this country. It is so scary planning a child when you don’t know anyone and being away from family. Also, I have PCOS and had a miscarriage in January this year. I did get pregnant easily the previous time, so hopefully my PCOS doesn’t hinder things this time around.  

Post # 51
26 posts
Newbee

Hi bees! I hope it’s OK I’m joining this…we’re starting TTC after Christmas, so whilst not technically 2017 it’s only a week away from 2017 smile And I haven’t told anyone we’re starting, so it’s nice to be able to at least write about it…!!

When will you start TTC? End of Dec/early Jan

How old are you and your partner? 27/31

How are you preparing for TTC? Trying to eat healthier (already gluten and dairy free now just trying to cut out sugar and alcohol – not easy!), trying to walk/exercise more, taking pre-natal multivitamin 

What are you most excited about? Really the whole experience from pregnancy to birth. And knowing how excited my husband will be – he’s desperate for a big family

Any other ramblings you may have: I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 14 and have been on the pill ever since. I was on Metformin for it for several years but after losing about 20 pounds three years ago was told to stop taking it. I’ve since moved to Europe and doctors I’ve seen here have said to me there’s no way a 14 yr old can be diagnosed with PCOS or should have ever been put on Metforming, and the only way to tell if I actually do have PCOS is to come off pill – and since coming off pill 2 months ago I’ve had 2 normal cycles and no problems with skin or hair, but have definitely gained weight….so cautiously optimistic but also not quite sure what to think or expect! Preparing ourselves for a long process of TTC but who ever knows! 

Post # 52
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

So… it’s getting real!

I’ve ordered some ovulation predictor sticks and have had the go ahead from my gynecologist to start trying following my period in January. Gulp!

Post # 53
4674 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

When will you start TTC? January for #2.

How old are you and your partner? I’m 33 and my DH is 32.  

How are you preparing for TTC? I’ve been taking a prenatal for years.  It took us over a year to concieve my son, who is 8 months.  I’ve been taking CoQ10 also, and might start some other supplements back up in January.  I’d love to lose some weight, but I’ve got so much on my plate right now that I’m not going to stress over it.  We are going to try and start out TTC more casual this time around. 

What are you most excited about? I really have mixed feelings.  I would love to have a little more time with my son, but with our troubles last time and our age, I’d rather start sooner rather than later.  I had a difficult pregnancy of sorts.  Symptom wise it was fine, but I had some troubling test results which lead to lots of monitoring.  So although I felt so blessed to be pregnant, I worry that all the issues will come to play again. I do miss the newborn snuggles though.  

Any other ramblings you may have: It’s kind of crazy to think about having two under two.  My son still isn’t sleeping through the night, and I feel like we are still getting the hang of the whole parenting thing.  But I think no matter how long we wait, we will still be getting the hang of the parenting thing.  

Post # 54
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
auggiefrog :  I totally get where you are coming from. I have an almost one year old and it’s hard to imagine her not being my baby. Also not sleeping through the night here either! Two under two will be interesting…

View original reply
mcgoat :  Yay! 

View original reply
itsmrsc :  You really do never know! Fingers crossed for you! We are ovulating at the same time it sounds like so if we are both lucky, September babies would be on their way!

View original reply
RoxiB4b3 :  Wow that’s a huge move! Is Australia temporary or home now? Having a baby without family support comes with challenges for sure but I also think it can really bond you as a family of 3.

View original reply
mrsrobinsonco :  Aww I hear you on the worrying. That definitely doesn’t help TTC. Have fun and lots of BDing! It happened so quickly for us the first time we didn’t get much of the fun! 

View original reply
mrstac :  Finger crossed this is your cycle!

Post # 55
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Woohooo! I can officially join this board now! 

When will you start TTC? April 2017

How old are you and your partner? I’m 25, he’s 26 will be 27 at time of ttc

How are you preparing for TTC? Prenatals, exercising regularly, tons and tons of research 

What are you most excited about? Having a sweet baby bump, and a happy healthy baby! Seeing my sweet husband as a dad and building our family. 

Any other ramblings you may have: I have gone a little Pinterest crazy lately! I love looking for nursery ideas, and baby gadgets. I also have really enjoyed doing my research – looking into breastfeeding, daycares, baby products, things like baby lead weaning, etc etc. I have a neice who is 11 months old and it has been so fun watching her grow, but we can’t wait to give her a cousin!

Post # 56
224 posts
Helper bee

I was on the fence about posting since we don’t know if we are trying in mid 2017 (and its not early 2017) but what the heck. I’ll post anyway.

When will you start TTC? mid-2017

How old are you and your partner? I’m 26 and he’s 28.

How are you preparing for TTC? I’m taking prenatals now and want to get into more of an exercise routine in the new year. Also getting physicals and dental done early 2017 as well as getting finances in order.

What are you most excited about? Super excited to be a mom and see my husband as a dad.

Any other ramblings you may have: My secret baby board on Pinterest might be my best friend at the moment.

Post # 58
1254 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Ok, I guess it’s time!  We just got married but I am 35 and kind of worried about fertility.  Then again, I feel like I’m just getting settled into my job (2.5 years) so that makes me want to wait a bit.  We are a small group, with lots of newly-married women.  One of my colleagues is due in June so I’m hoping she’ll be back if I get pregnant in time to deliver in 2017.  

When will you start TTC? Have an appointment to get my IUD out on January 19!!!  Will see what the OB says as far as right away or waiting until I have a period.  

How old are you and your partner? I’m 35, he’s 33. 

How are you preparing for TTC? Prenatals.  Had some genetic testing about known issues in the family.  Extra sleep! 

What are you most excited about? Watching my parents and his parents be grandparents.  Watching him be a dad (he’ll be amazing).  

Any other ramblings you may have: I’ll be honest here.  I’m mildly terrified of getting pregnant, being pregnant, and having a child.  I really feel like my life has just settled down into something I enjoy and a baby will be a very exciting amazing monkey wrench thrown right into it.  I’m also terrified we WON’T get pregnant.  

Post # 59
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

When will you start TTC? January-February 2017

How old are you and your partner? I’m 33, he’s 34 in January. 

How are you preparing for TTC? Been taking prenatals for awhile off and on, will start taking them regularly now. Actively triying to lose weight (30 pounds) and really hope he does too. He has about 120 pounds to lose and has been “trying” for years now 🙁 

What are you most excited about? Baby smells and snuggles, becoming a mother, having a little mini me, reading bed time stoies, having someone to explore the world with.

Any other ramblings you may have: I am getting zika testing on1/19 and really hoping it comes out negative so that we have a green light to ttc as soon as the results are in! Hubby doesnt  talk to me about ttc beyond “wait and see what the dr says about zika” bc I have baby fever and am dying to start trying and he is worked about money and zika and everything that can go wrong. We have agreed to try after we get cleared though. I wish he would get excited about it though :/

Post # 60
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

When will you start TTC? Next week 🙂

How old are you and your partner? 26 and 31

How are you preparing for TTC? Prenatal vitamins, doing a lousy job at losing weight, sleep

What are you most excited about? Being pregnant, delivery, breastfeeding, and watching my husband become a father.

Ramblings: We are in the process of building a house and very hopefuly it’ll get done in time for baby to come!

The topic ‘We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors