(Closed) We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Can I join too? I tend to just lurk around the bee but this all could be fun 🙂

When will you start TTC? 

Well technically it was a few weeks ago but that’s close enough.

How old are you and your partner? 

im 26 he’s 27

How are you preparing for TTC?

been taking prenatal vitamins for the last 3 months had blood tests done and stopped the pill.

What are you most excited about? 

Being pregnant feeling them move and of course having a little mini me or mini him.

Any other ramblings you may have: 

ive been baby crazy since I was 15. I’ve started buying things that I see on sale little shoes little socks. A few face washes I’m just a tad crazy 🙂

Post # 62
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Happy New Year, bees! Wellll it’s 2017 and my DH and I will very soon be officially TTC, so exciting laughing

I am having the last stage of some dental work done on 10th Jan so we will start straight after that. Although I don’t know exactly when I will ovulate – I’m currently on CD 32 and no sign of ovulation yet undecided. My cycles have been crazy since stopping the pill last May! So if I ovulate before the 10th, we will have to wait another cycle before we actually have an opportunity to get pregnant. But otherwise, I may be joining the January POAS boards if I ovulate soon after the 10th!

Anyone else starting TTC this month? laughing

Post # 63
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hello bees.

An update to my TTC journey, I haven’t got my period after 30 days of stop taking the pill, and only Negatives OPK so far, so, we continue in the TTC limbo yell

Baby dust to everybody!

Post # 64
227 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrsmcdbee :  

I started this month but I’m lost with just negative OPK on CD28, thinking about start tempting but I don’t want my husband sees me doing all of this because he may get pressure……

Post # 65
102 posts
Blushing bee

Happy New Year! Just wanted to wish everyone luck 🙂

I’m getting terrified and excited to start… after my next period (hopefully starting in a few days), it will finally have been 3 months since my fibroid surgery and therefore should be ‘healed’ enough to go for it!

Sort of started testing with OPKs, but was travelling over the holidays so I think/hope I missed the surge. Peeing on sticks feels like a science experiment, though, which is kind of fun (for now, at least).

It’s such a strange feeling to be simultaneously anxious that TTC won’t work for us and that it will work!

Post # 66
264 posts
Helper bee

When will you start TTC? June

How old are you and your partner? I’m 26, he’s 36.

How are you preparing for TTC? I’ve started taking my prenatals, along with omeaga 3 DHA and Maca root (helps fertility). I’m restarting my 12 week challenge tomorrow to get my health and fitness sorted. Hubby and I have also decided that I will go off the pill now. In the mean time before we are ttc I will track my cycles to work out my fertile days, use a diaphragm and the “pull out method”. We are also spending the next 5 months paying off debt to get our finances in order.

What are you most excited about? Having a little brother or sister for my little man (he’a currently 18 months). Being pregnancy and every pregnancy milestone! This will be my last pregnancy so I want to enjoy it and savor it ☺️ 

Any other ramblings you may have? I’m really excited to be off the pill as of yesterday! I really hate the idea that I’m putting all these artificial hormones into my body. It also really effects my sex drive so I’ll be happy to get that back!

Post # 67
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
mrsmcdbee :  Exciting! The 10th is coming up! Did you ovulate?

We are TTC this month too! My cycle is all over the place so I think O will be between Jan 20 – 30.

Post # 68
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m so excited I can finally be part of threads like this!!

When will you start TTC? last week of this month!

How old are you and your partner? I’m 30 he’s 29. 

How are you preparing for TTC?  I’ve been taking prenatals for a few months now. Just had some basic bloodwork done a few weeks ago to make sure all is well! Lastly, been eating a lot healthier and going to the gym more often! 

What are you most excited about? Being a mommy! Having a little human equal parts me and my DH! Navigating parenting with DH and moving our life forward in this exciting direction together!

Any other ramblings you may have: I hope it doesn’t take long but am being realistic! Unfortunately for me almost all women in my life with babies got pregnant on the first try! That would be a dream of course! Just truly hoping I can enjoy the process and not get too crazy! And that when it does happen I have a perfectly healthy little one!

Post # 69
18 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mrsrobinsonco : my cycles have also been long since stopping the pill, I started temping last Sept even though we weren’t going to start TTC for a few months, and I’m so glad I did because I now know that I am ovulating…even if it is very unpredictable (day 25 last cycle, day 44 the cycle before that!!). I don’t think my DH feels any additional pressure because I temp, but then he does know that I’m the kind of person who just likes to have as much information as possible, so he’s used to me obessing about things tongue-out Good luck with your first month of trying, and fingers crossed you get a positive OPK soon!

View original reply
jjbeebee :  I feel your pain with your cycles being all over the place! My last 2 cycles (the only ones I’ve properly been tracking, since I came off the pill last May) have been 53 days and then 32 days with ovulation on days 44 and 25…now currently on CD40 and haven’t ovulated yet this cycle. I’ve had lots of EWCM the last few days though, so it may be soon…I just need it to hold off for a couple more days laughing Good luck this month!

Post # 70
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
mrsmcdbee :  Wow that’s really all over the map!! Good luck to you too!

Post # 72
227 posts
Helper bee

Hey bees, finally at CD30, one month after leaving the pill I got my positive OPK, I was super excited, unfortunately my husband was out of town all week but hey my body is working!

Post # 73
227 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrsmcdbee :   I´m exactly the same, the more information the better, but this is the one thing my husband specially told me not to obsess with. I had my first positive OPK at CD30, those two precious lines; I wanted to purchase the digital OPK of clear blue (the one with the smile face) because I thought wouldn’t be able to distinguish a positive OPK but it was super obvious so I´m sticking to the cheap ones lol. I got the basal thermometer, I´ll be start tempting next cycle. Baby dust bees! 

Post # 74
140 posts
Blushing bee

Joining in on this thread! My SO and I are thinking of TTC in the spring / summer, assuming it will take some time due to our age (but also fine if it happens faster). We have a lot going on, moving into a new place, talking marriage (neither of us cares about getting married but there are some family pressures) but we don’t want to wait too long on the baby making front because we are already mid 30s and there are some fertility challenges in my family.

When will you start TTC? Sometime between April and July

How old are you and your partner? Both 36

How are you preparing for TTC? Started taking a prenatal, vitamin D and DHA and will be going for a preconception check and to discuss a few family genetic concerns, see if my family doctor thinks I should be referred to a genetics counsellor or have any extra checks due to my age. Eating a plant heavy diet and trying to lose ten to fifteen pounds. BBT temping to check if I’m ovulating when I think I am – I have tracked my period for years, but didn’t actually know if I was ovulating when the app said I was. So far it seems to be bang on!

What are you most excited about? I am excited to see my SO as a dad – he is so caring and responsible I have more faith in his ability as a parent than I do my own! I’m excited to view the world through a little one’s eyes. I’m excited to see what our little one looks like – we are a multiracial couple, so will be interesting to see where our little one ends up. And I’m excited to grow our family and expand the love – we are both really family oriented, so bringing a little one into the picture will hopefully just make things even better.

Any other ramblings you may have: I am excited to start trying but I’m also scared. I’m scared I won’t be able to get pregnant because my mom experienced secondary infertility. I’m scared my beloved dog will hate the baby / toddler – he’s not a huge child fan. I’m scared having a baby will affect my relationship with my guy in a negative way. And I’m scared of the financial impact of a child – we live in an expensive city and while we both do well, you’re only ever one job loss or health issue away from struggling! So it’s a mix of excitement and fear for 2017.

Post # 75
227 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jejangles :  

I agree with you with the fears, I happen to have the same ones. Welcome here and baby dust!

The topic ‘We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors