(Closed) We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 76
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Yay I can play now! DH and I want to be pregnant some time later this year 🙂 

When will you start TTC? Probably late spring, summer 2017

How old are you and your partner? I’m 28 and he’s 29. Hoping to be 29 & 30 when we have a baby!

How are you preparing for TTC? I quit BC a few days ago and I will be starting prenatal vitamins soon. DH has been hitting the gym and we’ve both been trying to eat healthier. 

What are you most excited about? Being a mommy! And watching my DH be a daddy! He’s going to be so great. My brother and sis-in-law are having a baby this summer so it’ll be fun to give him or her a cousin 🙂

Any other ramblinds you may have: I’ve already purchased a Metallica bib and a cute onesie to suprise DH when I find out! I couldn’t resist wink 

Post # 77
1461 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

When will you start TTC? May 2017, feels like counting down to our May wedding almost 3 years ago 🙂 

How old are you and your partner? 27,28 we will be 28,29 when we TTC (both our birthdays are in the same a month apart)

How are you preparing for TTC? Just tracking my cycle (not temping). I plan to start pre-natals in March and use OPKs. I am also working out and eating healthy. Trying to lose about 15 pounds. 

What are you most excited about? I was feeling really nervous about TTC over the last few months, but I’m finally starting to feel more excitement than nervousness. I am looking forward to experiecing pregnancy, seeing my hubby become a Dad, and all the joys of parenthood. I am also looking forward to selling our first townhouse and buying  a single family home in a family friendly neighborhood. 

Any other ramblinds you may have: DH and I just purchased a flight to PARIS! We’ve never been to Europe and it was the only thing I REALLY wanted to do together before starting a family. We are going at the end of April so it’s something to look forward to before we start TTC 🙂 

Post # 78
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

When will you start TTC? January 2017

How old are you and your partner? We’re both 25. 

How are you preparing for TTC? Stopped taking BC in November. Had a cycle 11/24/16, had another one 12/4/16, but nothing since. Currently CD 45, but had regular periods prior to BC so hoping they get back to normal soon. Taking prenatal vitamins, also trying to eat better and exercise more!

What are you most excited about? EVERYTHING!! I’ve loved babies for as long as I can remember and can’t wait to have a sweet little one of my own. I also can’t wait to see my husband as a dad because he will be amazing. My parents will also be first time grandparents so I’ll be super excited to share the news with them as well  none of our family knows we are trying  

Any other ramblings you may have? I may have already bought a pair of baby shoes that were too cute to pass up. Also have a secret baby board on Pinterest, a list of baby names, and can’t stop looking at cute baby things! 

Post # 79
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

When will you start TTC? We’re NTNP as of January. DD was a surprise baby and we’re still young, so we’re just gonna see what happens. No rush, no stress. If we aren’t pregnant by the summer (June/July-ish), we’ll start TTC more seriously.

How old are you and your partner? We’re both 24.

How are you preparing for TTC? Eating better and trying to be a bit more active. I already track my periods, but I don’t currently track ovulation. I’ll probably buy some OPK’s in the next few months, just so I can know my cycle a bit better for when we really start TTC. I should buy some prenatals soon, though..

What are you most excited about? Making our little girl a big sister.

Any other ramblings you may have? We have never ever EVER agreed on a boy’s name (even when I was pregnant with Dear Daughter and we didn’t know the sex), so that’s gonna be fun if I get pregnant with a boy, haha. DH really wants a boy, but Dear Daughter wants a little sister. Somebody’s gonna be disappointed. Oh! And if I did get pregnant this cycle (not super likely, but still!), I’d be due on my birthday! 

Post # 80
798 posts
Busy bee

When will you start TTC? We started trying this month!

How old are you and your partner? I’m 30, he’s 39.

How are you preparing for TTC? I quit BC a long time ago, take prenatals, and just generally try to take care of myself. 

What are you most excited about? Having a baby of our own. The hubs and I’ve been together for almost 7 years so I’m ready to expand our family. I feel so happy and can’t wait to share our security and happiness with a little. 

Any other ramblings you may have: We’ve only been trying one cycle and I’m already going nutso, haha. Currently waiting on aunt flo to show her ugly face so we can move on to the next cycle. I’m currently pretty crampy so I’m expecting to start my period in the next day or two. I ovulate super late (CD20) on a 29 day cycle so I’m planning to start temping next month to confirm ovulation and make sure everything looks good, then I may try some fertility supplements and acupuncture. 

Post # 81
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

When will you start TTC? January 2017. We decided to not prevent and not TTC for the first half of the year (just seeing what happens) before actively TTC beginning in May. I want to be done with having kids (planning on having 2) by the time I am 35 and I would like 2 years in between pregnancies, so we are basically starting now to give ourselves some wiggle room.

How old are you and your partner? I just turned 31, he’s 34. He’ll be 35 in early May 2017.

How are you preparing for TTC? Ordered cheapie internet pregnancy tests (yay Amazon!). I’ve been charting for the last two years to prevent pregnancy so I have a pretty good handle on my cycles at this point. Got the green light from my Dr. last year so I’ll just start taking a prenatal and see what happens.

What are you most excited about? Meeting this brand new little person and finding out who they are. Watching them engage with the world and hopefully make it a better place while doing so. On a selfish note, I am excited about not having periods for 9 months. My periods are horrible (fingers crossed that doesn’t mean my pregnancies will be too!) and a break from them would be very welcome.

Any other ramblings you may have: DH is traveling about 50% of the time for work out of state (his company is finally in the testing stages and the lab they are using is out of state) so timing will be interesting. So far, his company has had him traveling EVERY SINGLE FERTILE WINDOW for the last 5 months. That is great for preventing pregnancy, not so great for TTC.

ETA: We are taking one last adults-only Disney trip in 3 weeks since I won’t be able to ride the rides for 9 months when I am pregnant. tongue-out

Post # 82
352 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrsrobinsonco :  Is there anyway you could temp and just tell your DH that you are doing it to understand your body better and not mention the TTC portion? I assume you guys have talked and he is onboard with TTC, so if he would feel added pressure by you temping then you might just explain the benefits you get from it and not talk about the TTC portion it. For example, I have found recording my temp and CM super helpful for tracking my cycles. We haven’t been TTC until this year but I temped to prevent for 2 years and it was super helpful. I was never caught surprised by a period because my BBT takes a nosedive every single month on the day I start my period. Perhaps if you framed it like that he would be more comfortable with you temping. 🙂

Post # 83
227 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
spoilerssweetie :  

Yes he is on board, but he is afraid that he won’t “perform” on command, he want it to be more spontaneous, of course he think that you can get pregnant any time in a month…. Ughh.

My first cycle after the pill was 39 and I’m ready to start tempting soon.

Baby dust to everyone!

Post # 84
227 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
spoilerssweetie :  

You know very well your cycle, that’s awesome.

Post # 85
442 posts
Helper bee

When will you start TTC? We started this month & are now on to our second cycle of trying

How old are you and your partner? 32 & 34

How are you preparing for TTC?  Prenatals, off of bc of course, tracking periods on app, bought some Wondfo OPKs but haven’t tried using them yet

What are you most excited about? So ready for this new stage of life!

Any other ramblings you may have: I’ve kind of become obsessed with TTC and baby-related stuff as of late. I need to find a way to better focus on and enjoy other aspects of my life, or this is going to be a tough road to hoe :/ 

Post # 86
56 posts
Worker bee

We hope too, but we are travelling somewhere where there is a recent couple cases of Zika, so if we are bitten, it will delay plans. If Zika wasn’t around, we would be TTCing on our honeymoon in April.

Post # 87
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Ok guys. Looks like I’m going to be insufferable throughout this process (at least to my husband and, let’s face it, myself). I think I’ve only just passed ovulation on our first month TTC (opk didn’t work for me- either missed it or haven’t ovulated yet which I doubt somehow. Still testing in case) and already I’m feeling tightness in my stomach and am convinced it’s a symptom. Not possible, but it’s kind of indicating I’m going to be crazy. 

Uh oh.

Post # 88
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

So DH and I had the serious we should start trying discussion last night and I’m going crazy not being able to tell anyone! 

When will you start TTC? As soon as possible! My charting app says my fertile window is…. now! So…. January-February 2017

How old are you and your partner? I’m 24, he’s 40. He’s a little worried about his age but both of his brother’s became/will become (SIL is currently pregnant) at 48 years old

How are you preparing for TTC? I’ve been taking prenatals for a couple months. Working on getting healthy. I’m expecting it to take us a couple months so we have some time. I may order a couple ovulation tests just so I know when it happens.

What are you most excited about? Seeing my DH being a daddy! He’s going to be absolutely adorable- he already is great with our neices. Also all the cute baby clothes!

Any other ramblings you may have: I’m so super excited to join this board and hopefully we’ll have a BFP/LO by the end of the year!

Post # 89
2181 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m not an early 2017, but I see some other summer folks so I’m joining in. 🙂

When will you start TTC? probably August. Officially we agreed on TTC after we close on the house we’re hopefully buying this Spring, but now we’re contemplating a big trip before we start trying in early August.

How old are you and your partner? We’re 28. We’ll be 29 when we TTC.

How are you preparing for TTC? I have my annual OBGYN visit this week that I’ll discuss some basic preconception things with and figure out what I should be concerned with. At this point, I’m just trying to get my exercise routine consistent and cut down on processed sugar and alcohol. I’ll go off birth control and start taking prenatals in July.

What are you most excited about? That DH and I are on the same page! Haha. We both want kids but we had pretty different timelines when we got married. Somehow this year, we’ve synced up and are on the same page about timelines and post-baby life goals (where we’ll live, if I’ll keep working, etc.)

Post # 90
402 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe I’m writing this, because TTC has always felt like a “distant future” thing for me and DH since we got married so young. Our plans aren’t “official” yet, but right now, we are looking at TTC later in 2017. So here I am!

When will you start TTC? September-October 2017 (in a perfect world, I’d like to be far enough along by Christmas to announce to our families, haha)

How old are you and your partner? I’m 31, he’s about to turn 29.

How are you preparing for TTC? I’ve been off of hormonal BC for years and my cycles are relatively regular, about 27-29 days with the occasional one that goes longer. In May, I’ll have my annual OBGYN appointment where I’ll make sure I’m doing what I need to stay as healthy as possible. I’ll also probably have some bloodwork done, and start prenatals. I want to finish up some home improvement tasks this spring so that I don’t have projects looming over my head when I’m pregnant.

What are you most excited about? Seeing the love that DH and I have for each other grow into our own little family 🙂 I’m also excited about entering a new chapter of life. I’ve had a rough go of things over the past few years and I’m grateful to be where I am now.

Any other ramblings you may have: Did I mention I’m absolutely terrified, too? I tend to overthink things and there is soooooo much to think about when it comes to a major life decision like this. I am a creative person who owns my own business and part of me fears that I’ll lose “myself” when I become a mom. I also thrive in an organized living space so I’m a bit worried about losing that too (although my mother assures me that it’s possible to have a clean house AND children at the same tiime). I have lots of questions. This is the greatest unknown I’ve ever faced.

The topic ‘We're starting TTC in early 2017! Who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors