- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
I wrote a pretty killer blog post about things brides don’t want to hear and used memes. Thought you ladies might enjoy (hopefully the website doesn’t see this as a promotional thing):
Now that I am less than a year out from my wedding, I’ve been working really hard on doing some planning before I have to work a 9-5 job after graduation. To blow off some steam, because it is a difficult process, I thought I’d compile a list of things that brides don’t want to hear as they are planning their wedding. Okay, and the occasionally snarky response:
(1) Are you going to get a wedding ring to make your engagement ring look bigger? Are you going to wear a push up bra so your breasts look bigger? Oh, wait, that’s not my business.
(2) I think it’s stupid to spend that much on that vendor. You know, when I was married… Different strokes, different folks.
(3) Why are you being so cheap about that vendor?
(4) I’m getting an invitation, right? I can’t wait to go! (wait, when was the last time we talked?)
(5) Well make sure that my food at the reception is gluten-free, lactose-free, soy-free, Atkins friendly, Kosher, and vegetarian. What the hell do you eat!?
(6) What do you mean the garter toss is barbaric? You really aren’t going to do it?I’d prefer it if my new husband did not reach up my skirt in front of 100+ people to procure a piece of fabric. Some traditions need to die.
(8) Why didn’t you cry when he proposed? Why didn’t you cry when you bought your dress? Are you not excited?
(9) I think you’re too young to get married. What you really mean is: “I want to assume that your life and circumstances are a mirror of mine and I feel the need to project my mistakes onto you.”
(10) Why are you doing all of this planning now? The people who are getting married when you are haven’t met each other yet.
(11) When are you having kids? I have a chihuahua. I don’t need a baby.