(Closed) what are all the other August 2013 Bees busy DIYing at the min?

posted 8 years ago in August 2013
Post # 17
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@Beaukat:  Four words: Martha Stewart glitter paint.

I started making our backdrop (v2) last night. Decided to try out the DIY stain I made (vinegar and steel wool), and it’s lovely. Just need the brackets and some knobs.

Post # 18
299 posts
Helper bee

My tissue paper half pomanders for the aisle. They are months in the making and I am almost done! I just need to put on the hanging ribbon and I hope to have that done this weekend. Then it’s on to programs. With having a catholic mass that isn’t going to be a quick  project either.

Post # 19
158 posts
Blushing bee

Flower girl baskets, ring bearer box, and table numbers. My Future Father-In-Law is making the window pane seating chart… I’m excited for this. He’s building flower boxes to go in front of the windows too. Perfect for my garden themed wedding. That’s pretty much it! Oh and need to make some sort of a handle for several mason jars. They will hang on Shepard hooks down the isle.

View original reply
@lolot: Love that! Did you just paint that freehand with regular paint? I’ve been wanting to do something like this, but haven’t had the time to look up how to do it! lol

Post # 20
3823 posts
Honey bee

Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby last night before my last dress fitting and picked up mason jars and lace so we can make 8 luminaries. They will look similar to this:

There’s a 5′ long window ledge situated behind the sweetheart table so we wanted to dress up our background a little bit.

Post # 22
4346 posts
Honey bee

Still working on my veil. Yes I’ve been working on it since November. No its not done. Yes its been about 2 hours short of being done since March. No I don’t plan on finishing it today. (I do a couple stitches every now and then so I can claim I worked on it.)

Post # 23
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Ooooh we’re so close to having our backdrop finished. We need more screws (plans changed for supports so we used all of the small screws), but Fiance helped me pick out some great knobs and stuff and it looks great so far. We might need to buy some heavy planters to weigh down the bases, but who knows.

Post # 24
3768 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

View original reply
@rainbowbee:  Sure!  Here are two examples, one is complete, the other has a placeholder wire holder (the shorter one) just to show.  We got two different models (8 of each type), each model represents the type of bike we have, and then we split them up half and half and spraypainted them in our colors (in some cases had to take the models apart and/or tape over the parts we didn’t want painted).  I highly recommend using the Liquitex brand spraypaint if you want to try this!  Each model was about ~$10, we got some bulk from ebay sellers.

Post # 25
9123 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@CaliBeeBride0813:  Thanks lady!  I made a little DIY tutorial in the DIY section here: http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-scripty-barnwood-signs#axzz2VpL6ojqA

Basically I found a font I like (“Bombshell”), found an image online of the whole alphabet, and then just used white craft paint to try to eyeball it.  Once you’ve done a few, you get pretty used to writing in that font.  I am actually not artistic at all and have pretty bad handwriting, so I was psyched!

View original reply
@vorpalette:  You should post a pic when you’re done – that sounds super cool.

Post # 26
11231 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@lolot:  I definitely will! We’re storing it at FMIL’s house (YAY WE HAVE A DECK AGAIN!!) since it’s a pain in the ass to keep in a third floor apartment, but we should be able to finish it next weekend when we get more supplies. 🙂

Post # 27
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

View original reply
@lolot:  I love those signs!!! They look rustic but not sloppy. Great job! I can’t wait to see photos of your wedding. 

Post # 28
9123 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@lealorali:  thanks lady!  And ditto.  (I will definitely have to get over my squeamishness at posting pix on a public forum.)

Post # 29
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@lolot: Thanks for sharing your DIY page! I am definitely sharing this with Fiance. We found slices of a large tree on the side of the road in CT when visiting family that we will paint for some signs but still are looking for 5 to make our love story on the walk to the ceremony and he is thinking about painting them himself. Yours came out so great!

Post # 30
466 posts
Helper bee

I just completed all our wooden signs, our menu window, and our drink list chalkboard. I am currently working on a chalkboard for our “choose a seat not a side” sign and some string balls (which are definitely my least fav DIY ever). 🙂 Not much left to do although I’m sure I’ll create more projects!

The topic ‘what are all the other August 2013 Bees busy DIYing at the min?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors