Post # 1
Almost two weeks ago I started my journey into weight loss (I want to lose 30 lbs). I read that it helps to write down exactly why you’re doing it, so that you always have a reminder to keep going. Here’s mine – I want to get in shape because:
-if I don’t get in shape now, it will start to get harder and harder. I’m almost 30.
-I want to look good when I go back home for my birthday in July
-If I don’t I’m at risk of developing DVT because of a blood disorder that I have (maintaining an ideal body weight and getting regular exercise helps immensely)
-After I get engaged, I don’t want to have to start at square one, trying to lose weight for the wedding.
-Being in shape before you get pregnant means you’ll lose the baby weight faster
-I want to look good for my boyfriend
If I ever feel like my motivation is wavering, I just pull up this list on my computer and read. It all starts making sense again and it’s like the light gets switched back on.
What are your reasons for trying to get in shape and lose weight?
Post # 3
1) I want to be healthier & toned (I care more about losing inches then pounds)
2) I don’t want to be the largest size pants regular stores carry (I refuse to have to shop in Plus Sizes)
3) I want to get back to a weight where my body FEELs good
4) I’ve Yo-Yo’d so many times it’s getting nearly impossible to lose weight
5) I want to look fantastic for my wedding
6) I want to feel confident in a bathing suit
Post # 4
1. I want feel healthier on the inside
2. I want to feel better about myself and feel better when I walk out my front door
3. to get into a fitness routine so it becomes a set habit for the rest of my life
Post # 5
I don’t have a lot of weight to lose but I have a bit that I have gained since the wedding.
I want to do it now because it will just get harder if I keep putting it off, I want to feel better about myself, I want to be in great shape when I have babies later, and I think that it will help my body feel better.
Post # 6
Great idea to write it down!
I want to tone up to look awesome on our wedding day. I want to look and feel great on our honeymoon. To feel better about myself. Finally, to fit into my nice and barely worn dress pants from college. 🙂
Post # 8
My weight has fluctuated a bit over the years, and when I’ve been at my lowest, I feel better, have more energy, and am excited to look at pictures of myself. At my heaviest, I felt crappy and I was embarrassed to see myself in pictures.
Since the most photographed day of my life is coming up in a few months, I’d like to be happy about those pictures, and that means losing those last few pounds. Not trying to look like a supermodel, just the best version of myself.
Post # 9
i started weight watchers back in april and have lost 41 lbs so far…. i still have about 50 to go till my ultimate goal weight
my reasons for wanting to lose are…
i want to look great on my wedding day and every day after
i want to be in the best shape possible when i get pregnant for my health and babys
i want to fit into all my old clothes
i want to look great for my fi and for myself
Post # 10
Reasons I want to lose weight:
- A lot of the reason that I put on the weight was due to being molested at the age of 16 and my boyfriend at the time blaming it on me. It took me about nine years to come to terms honestly with this and put myself in the position where I can make permanent lifestyle changes. I want to leave this event in my past
- I have a knee injury from a motor vehicle accident and the added weight on the injury means that it has never recuperated fully
- My SO and I want to have kids and I currently suffer from PCOS – my fertility increases rapidly the closer I get to my healthy weight range
- Uh, and I want to look hot? Duh!
Post # 11
These are so inspiring to read!!! I’ll play:
– I want to be back at the weight that I was when I met my fiance
– I want to look amazing on the day I turn 30 (late May)
– I want to look amaing-er on the day I get married
– (This is embarrassing to admit) I now live in a very VERY warm climate and i’ve found that since gaining (yikes) 20 lbs since moving here, I’ve started to respond alot more to the heat – i.e. I sweat like a crazy person. I hope this isn’t a problem that persists once I lose the weight
– I want to FINALLY run the 1/2 marathon I trained my ass off for 5 years ago and wasn’t able to complete due to injury. Incidentally i lost 10 lbs training for it without even trying. Signed up for one on May 18th, training started last week and is going well.
Post # 12
i just want to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding!
Post # 13
My reasons are similar to yours!
- I’m turning 30 this year and I want to go into the new decade and my healthiest most confident self!
- I’m hoping the Boyfriend or Best Friend gets off his keister and proposes. I’m losing weight now because a) I want to be at a happy weight when he proposes and b) I want to be at an awesome weight when we get married!
Post # 14
I just have a few pounds left to my goal weight but these are the reasons I started and continue to work on my health…
1) I wanted to look amaaaaazing for engagement pictures once Fiance proposed (I now LOVE my pictures!!)
2) We are spending a lot of money on wedding photography and I want to be happy with the pictures, not disgusted with myself.
3) I want to be healthy!!
4) I want to be healthy to be a good example to Fiance, my family and his family. So far this is going well. My sister and I really motivate each other and FI’s sister has lost almost 30 pounds and ran a 5k with me!
5) I looooooove shopping and I want to be able to be happy while shopping, not frustrated.
6) I have PCOS and now that I’m in a healthy weight range my cycles have improved SIGNIFICANTLY and I would like them to stay that way to increase my fertility.
7) I want to be in great shape when we have babies so that they are healthy and also so that I’m motivated to be in great shape again after the babies are born!
Post # 15
1) I gained 10lbs in the last year 🙁 my fiance broke his leg last spring & just from May to November I gained that.. I was in a great workout routine & was in great shape. Between taking care of him, working, and taking care of my son the last thing I felt like doing was working out.
2) I want to get back to the size I was then but tone up more in the process.
3) My wedding dress definitely hugs my curves & while I know that I’m not really “overweight” I weigh 142lbs I do not to look frumpy at all in my dress.
4) The fiance has been working out the last few months also & is starting to get back in the shape he was before he broke his leg & well I just don’t want him to look at himself then look at me & think I look gross.. (even though realistically I know he doesn’t)
5) I’ll be 30 this year & obviosly my metabolism isn’t what it was 5 years ago. I want to get this weight off & stick with keeping it off so that in another 5 yrs it won’t be even harder to get it off. Plus most women in my family are pretty overweight & I just don’t want to let myself get to that point.
Post # 16
@Running Elley: Umm…yes. I obviously forgot the shopping reason because that’s a big one for me too. I love clothes, but no one would know it because at this weight I just don’t think certain styles look good on me and I don’t want to spend the money on items that hopefully won’t fit soon.