Post # 18
I’m worried that Future Sister-In-Law is going to steal the show like she always does (not that I really care, but come on, she had her day/month/year).
I’m worried that the food won’t be amazing.
I’m worried my dress will fall down (completely and utterly impossible)
I’m worried I will put us into financial ruin over my impulse buys
Post # 19
@loveknows: Wow first I was so excited to see someone who has a December date like mine…this has left me uncertain but that’s another issue in itself!
Anyway, I wouldn’t worry much about your bilingual ceremony, some people will understand and some won’t. Do/will your guests know it will be bilingual or no? and I said who cares how many people show up for the ceremony, it is mainly about you and your Fiance. As long as your important people (parents, friends, close family members — and these people will know this is important to you) show up then I think you should put your worries to the side.
I went to a wedding where the venue was a good hour away from the church, and the directions were plain terrible. But we did it, and got over it as soon as we had finally made it! People just want good music/food and as long as you’ll have that then who cares! Good luck!
Post # 20
Oh ive got a list of worries,which if I dont think about them too much,I dont panic too much lol
- I wont be able to get my dress to fit right
- Everyone will get lost on the way to the venue(its out of the way)
- My mother is organising decorating the room and Im not allowed to see it until the ceremony begins (HUGE stress out!)
- Fiance has threatened to wiggle his ears when Im saying my vows which never fails to make me fall about with the giggles (this is my biggest fear)
- Im going to fall over (Its not a question of “if” but “when” lol
But ultimately,its all out of my control,so Im trying not to panic TOO much lol
Post # 21
Exes or crazy people messing up my “speak now or forever hold your peace” moment.
Been practicing my brooch bouquet swing just in case 😉
Post # 22
My biggest worries came true: I didn’t sleep at all consistently the 3 nights before the wedding and was a zombie the day-of, our flower girl was loud during our ceremony, it was really hot and humid making it uncomfortable to be outside for pictures.
But I still had the best wedding ever and I smile every time I think about it 🙂 I married my DH!
Post # 23
I was worried people would get lost (mostly they didn’t), it’d rain (yes it did), it’d be too hot (yes it was), we wouldn’t have enought time to eat (there was plenty), people wouldnt’ dance (they didn’t but it was cool), people would be bored (def. not!), I would be sweaty (nope thanks to certain dri), things wouldn’t be set up (it was perfect) and things wouldn’t get cleaned up (they were).
Post # 24
I am worried that:
- It will rain (which is a stupid worry since we’re inside anyway, but I just want everything to be perfect, and the weather is something I can’t control)
- People won’t have fun
- I will get nervous and excited and say something stupid (which always happens…)
- One of the girls will have a wardrobe malfunction
- All of my homemade stuff will fall apart 🙁
- We won’t have paid for enough alchohol
I can’t think of any more right now but I will be back!
Post # 25
I am worried:
My dressmaker will not make my dress modest enough, even though we’ve spoken about it quite specifically.
I will look 50 lbs heavier than I am (I’m a plus-size bride, and somehow my too-small-for-my-body head always looks like a giant double chin with grandma whispy hair in every photo I take!) and ugly.
People won’t come because of feuding.
The best man will make inappropriate comments that will make me physically ill (because this happens) and then my Fiance will leave me right after our wedding because I killed his best friend.
Someone else will make inappropriate comments that will make my physically ill and I’ll wind up in jail.
My too thin, too fine hair will look horrible like always because nothing I or any stylist does adds volume and it is too weak for extensions (which are too expensive anyway).
I’ll realize the morning of the wedding that we didn’t do this, this, this, this, or this!
Post # 26
- Will start my period that day. Its mapped out to be that way, and my periods are horrible.
- Will trip going down the aisle.
- I or my Fiance will pass out at the altar.
- My Bridesmaid or Best Man will look prettier that me.
- My makeup will sweat off and look horrible.
- Will be too hot/humid.
- Sister or her husband will make some sort of scene. He tends to like to FAKE seizures alot.
- This ones stupid I know but im worried about the dollar dance and Fiance having way more girls dancing with him than I will have guys.
Im sure when the day gets closer I will be a complete mess worrying about stuff.
Post # 27
I’m worried we will have to start late and I will end up paying extra time to my limo driver
I worry some people will show crash the wedding, as some guests keep insisting they will bring a plus 1 even though I’ve told them they cant.
I worry someone will touch my beautiful dress with their dirty hands and make my dress dirty lol.
Post # 28
ahhh…the dreaded worries..
I’m worried that:
– My lovely vintage dress will tear
– It’ll be really hot
– There isn’t enough food
– People bring their kids, even though it’s an adult only reception
– The grass we planted for the ceremony won’t hold up
– There will be some sort of family drama. My aunt ruined the engagement party with drama, so who’s saying she or someone else won’t do the same at the wedding?
– One of my vendors flakes…I’m already nervous about the DJ
– Fiance or the groomsmen get too drunk/rowdy
– ETA: The police get called for noise. Napa is really particular about the noise ordinance and where we’re situated, any noise made travels down the valley. We’ve had events before where the police were called. I just need to hand out fliers for the neighbors and let the police know in advance we’re having an event.
I’m sure there are more, but this is making me stressed just writing these down!
Post # 29
Mostly I’m just worried that people won’t have a good time, or that the music won’t be loud enough, and stuff like that. Reading this thread, I considered worrying that something would go wrong with one of the vendors, but short of the venue itself backing out, I’m sure we could make it work. We could order pizza and marry ourselves if we had to! No biggie.
Post # 30
Some things I am worried about
#1- Stressing about pictures- Our destination site for pictures after the ceremony is kinda far from the church and reception hall. Timing is going to be key. I am worried that we will be rushed, not have a whole lot of time to take pics, and be late for cocktail hour, which I do NOT want to miss.
#2- Makeup- I am DIYing my makeup for the wedding. Just hoping that it looks good and stands out well in pictures
#3- Rain- I can handle a drizzle- pictures in the rain are actually really cool. But if it’s teeming rain, then forget it. I have no backup plan for pictures in that case.
#4- The favors do not arrive in time- They are being shipped from Vermont and will take 6-8 weeks.
#5- Drama/comments from FMIL- Just don’t want to hear any complaining or inappropriate comments about ANYTHING. It’s NOT YOUR WEDDING.
#6- One of the vendors forgets to show up- Like the DJ doesn’t show, or the caterer is late setting up the food. I know it’s just my thoughts getting the best of me.
Post # 31
We were worried about not having enough drink, we ended up having loads. I was worried about people not enjoying the music, it was fine.
However I thought the seating plan was fine, it became a problem – can’t please all of the people…
There are so many things that can go wrong, and to be honest at mine the biggest mistake we made was not hiring a DOC. There was nobody for people to ask about silly things, so they asked me. Hire one. Especially if you’re not having a hotel package all-wrapped-up wedding. If you’re doing anything unusual at all, hire a DOC.