Post # 32
I worry people won’t have a good time, since we’re not having dancing.
I worry that people will feel like sardines if it rains and we have to have it in the house.
I worry that I won’t look good in my dress.
I worry that Fiance and I will be super awkward/uncomfortable for photos.
But…at the end of the day, none of those would be catastrophes. (Except maybe #1. I would hate it if people had a bad time!!) As long as we get married with our loved ones around us, it will be ok.
Post # 33
@UpstateCait I’m worried that I’m going to be an ugly bride with gorgeous bridesmaids.
Dude, no way. I’ve seen pics of you – that’s not going to happen. 🙂
Post # 34
Right now I’m only worried about my photographer not showing up. : ( He’s not answering my e-mails, i’m thinking of getting someone else)
Post # 35
I love this thread… I am somehow comforted knowing that I am not the only bride FREAKING out!! 🙂
I am worried that:
- I will look ugly
- have a huge pimple
- trip walking down the aisle
- cry too hard to say my own vows
- people won’t have fun
- people will leave early
- his brothers will get wasted and start trouble
- we wont get all the pictures we want
- I will be too stressed to enjoy the most important day of my life!!!! Ugh!!
Post # 36
I was worried that
- my sisters would be late for the reception setup – they were
- people would drink too much – they did, one fainted and had to be taken off dance floor she was so wasted.
- i would be hot – i was and i perspired profusely for hours on end – my dress was super hot and I had to make multiple trips to ladies room to use deodorant – i had a feeling this was going to happen and worried for 6 months -didn’t change the outcome
- the reception hall wouldn’t get cleaned in time – it wasn’t and i got fined and had to hire an additional crew the next day.
I also worried about:
- the weather – it was gorgeous
- his suit, i thought his cousins bought him something ugly- it rocked. He wore John Varvatos and looked like vintage movie star
- my makeup – thought i looked like a tranny but it looks great in the photos
- the dj – he was awesome and people danced for almost 5 hours straight
- my 85 year old mom and her health- she was awesome and had a blast
Stuff is going to go wrong – lots of stuff – my maid of honor ripped the zipper in her dress and had to be sewn into just 20 minutes before ceremony. My very expensive cake that was supposed to be buttercream was frosted in ICING (grocery store disgusting flavor) – but everyone ate it and loved it. We had a wedding crasher….with 3 teeth….. homeless guy who wandered in from the street.
You can worry all you want. Stuff is going to work out and some stuff is going to fall apart. Keep focused on what is important, hugging and kissing your loved ones and laughing at the mistakes. I have chronic anxiety and trust me, it will eat you alive if you let it. 😉
Post # 37
Weather flares up and no one can make it
only a handful of people care to come even with great weather
No one takes my wedding seriously and wear jeans or ignore the ceremony
My dress doesn’t fit or looks awful
My hair looks terrible or face all blotchy from stress
I don’t relax enough to enjoy it and I end up being the harried hostess instead of enjoying being a bride
Our iPod music fails
We don’t get any photos at all
Someone says something rude
Food turns out terrible
Fi refuses to dance or walk around and talk to guests with me
We show up and find our venue closed and locked
But biggest worry we end up wasting all that money
Post # 38
I think it’s perfectly normal for brides to be to worry about stuff ruining their wedding day.
– I worry that I’m going to trip and get seriously injured cuz I don’t normally wear high heels and my shoes are 3 inch heels.
– I worry that my face will break out in pimples the day of the wedding or night before.
– I worry that my severe allergies will arrive since we’re going to Las Vegas and we’ve never been there so I have no clue how it will affect me. Last year when I went to Orlando I spent most of my vacation in the hotel room cuz I was so sick with my allergies. I am going to the doctor next month to try to prevent this from ruining our weddingmoon though.
– Of course I worry that I’m going to get my period late (It’s due to arrive like 10 days before the wedding and I’m really hoping it comes on time so it’s over!).
– We’re going to Vegas so we should be good on the weather, but I still worry that it may rain and that will really be a problem cuz we’re having an outdoor evening gazebo ceremony.
– When it comes to our at home reception, I worry a lot about my Future Mother-In-Law planning things out and making decisions behind my back cuz she did go to look at reception venues without talking to us first. I also worry that we’ll have uninvited guests show up at our reception (such as kids since we’re having adults only).
Post # 39
Rev J will give another slightly inappropriate sermon- the other weekend at a friend’s wedding he gave the sermon on Hosea the prophet and his wife, Gomer the prostitute. We are giving him more explicit directions for ours “something about commitment”
People on FH’s side will complain about there not being alcohol- my side expects that, his won’t despite us telling his parents a billion+ times about why I don’t like being around alcohol. They can go get smashed afterwards at the 7-11 for all I care.
Too many people will show up than RSVP’d and we won’t have enough tables- right now that doesn’t seem a concern but still
My ankles will give out during processional/ceremony/dance- they haven’t lately though *knock on wood* and we are likely inviting my PT/our Sunday school teacher so he can fix me up (again)
My knee will throw a fit- haven’t had a serious flare up since I finished PT in Early-April (see above)
My cycle will be weird- I typically have a period every other month and July is a heavy month, but then I’m travelling during my next one so that could offset the pattern- I hope?
Post # 40
First off, I loved reading everyone’s worries! It made me feel so relieved
Post # 41
People not showing up is my biggest concern. I’m not exactly high priority to a lot of my family.
Post # 42
GREATTTTT, my entire comment did not show.
1. Entire family does not get along- I’m waiting for a fight at the wedding.
2. My photographer won’t show at the last minute and I won’t get my money back.
3. Deciding on a videographer or finding a guest to do it who may or may not loose the footage.
4. Depending on my college student cousin Maid/Matron of Honor who really isn’t equiped financially lol
5. My DIY decor doesn’t look crafty or fall apart….and I have to find out who is even going to put it out and pick it up!!!!!!!!!
That’s all for now. thank you to all you brides! TLC’s brides are so caddy, I just love coming to this site and having you all help me out!
Post # 43
My FBIL’s son is really rambunctious and obnoxious at times. All the wrong times usually. I love the little guy, but I just really hope he can act sweet during the ceremony.
Post # 44
My family is the same way with me for the most part. I am not close with them and only see them like 1-2 times per year generally. I’m especially worried they won’t show up for the reception since they are not invited to the wedding ceremony in Las Vegas, but I realize that I can’t force them to show up so I shouldn’t let it ruin anything if they decide not to come. If they are going to be that shitty towards me then I don’t have to associate with them at all in the future.
Post # 45
I worry about….everything…
I just have this unreasonable expectation that everything needs to be perfect 🙁
Post # 46
My hairdresser/ makeup artist had double booked the 2nd hairstyle appointment for the cultural part of our 2nd ceremony in the evening. Have to stick with same hair/ makeup for entire day now, but after all the scheduling changes on her part, just FREAKING out she might not even turn up on the day.
The florist has been pretty hard to get a hold of…its only 3 weeks and we still haven’t finalized my order/ delivery for the day!
There’s at least 10 kids attending, most around 3 yrs – 12 yrs. Just praying they’ll behave themselves, especially my enighbour’s boy who has a rebellious streak. The fact he’s a cute dancer makes most of the stuff he does forgivable, haha.