Post # 1
In no order
1) I’m scared and freaked out by fish. I don’t like fish tanks in people’s houses because they are constantly opening and closing their mouths. And one year when I was on vacation I scared myself so bad when we went to look at stingrays and fish came swimming by.
2) Ghosts and other appiritions.(sp) I used to be haunted by dark figures in my room as a kid. I swear there are ghosts in the house I’m living in now.
3) Dying of skin cancer because I’m so pale skinned.
Post # 3
1. Needles/shots and other medical procedures. Although I think the panic attacks that come when I get shots are from the anticipation.
2. Tornadoes just because of the quick destruction they can cause.
3. Death in general.
Post # 4
1) having an undiagnosable illness (closely followed by having a known serious illness… but the idea of having something that people cant figure out scares me more)
2) my dad getting lung cancer or having a heart attack
3) anyone else i know getting a serious illness/dying
basically, so long as everyone i know stays healthy i’m happy.
Post # 5
@mandb122: Yeah I’m really scared of needles. Forgot that one. Blood also really grosses me out so being a woman sucks sometimes.
Post # 6
Oh man, in no particular order:
1) spiders (I’m australian and they come pretty dang big and mean out here)
3) forced involvement with street performers. if I’m avoiding your searing gaze and proceeding to walk in the opposite direction, it means I don’t want to be involved in your scary/embarrassing performance.
Post # 7
1) clowns. uuuugggghhhh.
2) along with corgitales, i’m petrified of people close to me getting an illness and dying.
3) haunted houses… because i’m freaked out by things/people jumping out and scaring me. i’m getting anxiety right now thinking about it.
Post # 8
2. Parent’s/Brother’s Death
Post # 9
1.) I’m with mandb122, I’m afraid of tornadoes too. So much, in fact, that when my county has a sever thunderstorm warning, I check weather.com RELIGIOUSLY until the storm is over.
2.) The dark. I have nightmares almost every night and waking up alone in a dark room is terrifying because the dreams seem so real.
3.) My Fiance, family, or friends dying unexpectedly.
Post # 10
1) losing someone close to me
2) not living the life I’ve dreamt about
3) hitting a deer while I’m driving – I live close to the mountains, and there are deer EVERYWHERE. I’m so scared they will dart out in front of me when I’m driving and I will hit it
Post # 11
@LindsayB: Me too! I’m glad I’m not the only one. I can deal with regular storms but when they’re severe and the winds are really strong it freaks me out!
Post # 12
@mandb122: Ugh! I know what you mean…I hate it. I get so worked up! I’ve done so much research on them, I swear I could be a storm chaser (if I didn’t pass out/puke/have an anxiety attack)! I don’t know how people can get so close to the damn things. I run for the hills if there’s even a threat of rain! (Haha, ok, I’m exaggerating now, but it’s pretty darn close to how I feel!)
Post # 13
1) Dying or someone close to me dying
2) Tornadoes. If there is one thing I dream about over and over again it is a tornado. I always get that feeling of falling/being swept up in it while I am sleeping and I wake up all panicked.
3) Having someone break into the house. When we were little my next door neighbors mom had her house broken in to while she was home alone and was raped, ever since she told me that story I’ve been afraid of it happening to me. It happened to her while she was in the basement doing laundry so now of course my laundry room is in our basement and I think about it all of the time.
Post # 14
I want in on this one too.
1) Needles. I had to have an MRI last week. The tech thought that I was freaking out about the machine. I had to explain slowly through deep breaths that I was fine with the confined space it was the needle with the contrast that had me shaking.
2) Dark windows. I’m terrified that the boogy man will be outside the window. I track this back to my grandma, who when I was 8 went outside the camper while we were camping and put a flashlight under her chin. Scared me soooo bad.
3) I’d have to say scary movies that have a potential to come true. Movies about ghosts, demons ect. Can’t see them, can’t see the previews sometimes.
Post # 15
1. Fires. I saw a documentary on house fires when I was very young and it scarred me for life. I am better now but I still get very nervous when there are bush fires nearby, one reason I could probably never live in the actual bush.
2. Being hit by a car while I’m riding my beloved Vespa. Alternatively, having a car accident and being at fault and really hurting or killing someone. I have *no idea* how you would EVER get over something like that. I’m not a terrible driver, but accidents do happen!
3. Darling Husband and/or I being infertile and unable to have children. We (especially DH) aren’t really the type to do IVF or adopt, so I would have to make do with being an aunty. I know it’s not the end of the world and I know we will still have a wonderful life together no matter what, but I can’t stand the thought of how heartbreaking that would be. Darling Husband was told 10 years ago he has a low sperm count, we have no idea how it is now and won’t be TTCing until next year, but still this is a current fear of mine!
I hate flying too, but it’s a hate more than a fear (although part of the hate is fear of crashing, part of it is also being stuck in that airless space with no room to move or sleep, feeling yucky, and the awful boredom).
Post # 16
Ok, so some of this is pretty embarrassing but:
- Old age homes/the very frail elderly
- Myself or someone I know being a victim of a violent crime
- Fast zombies