(Closed) What are these straps called?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1408 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I tried on a dress that looked almost exactly like that one in the picture and the salesperson called those cap sleeves. Hmmm…strange that they’re not coming up on google! Could you just print a few pictures of dresses with sleeves like this and bring it to whomever is adding on the sleeves? Maybe once a semestress see the pictures they would be able to give you the proper name for them?

Post # 5
402 posts
Helper bee

My gown has straps that look something like this, and they’re called “illusion straps” in my gown description. That may refer more to the fact that they’re partially see-through, but I’m not sure. Hope this helps!

By the way, we’re getting married a week apart! I’m July 10, 2010! (Sorry, I’m still in the “OMG I HAVE A WEDDING DATE FINALLY!” phase.)

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think they are still called cap sleeves.  I think you can then just decide where to place them whether it be on the edge of the shoulder, or more on top of the shoulder.

The topic ‘What are these straps called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors