Post # 1
Okay I did some kind of activity that was recommended by this website called about.com but anyways. Fiance and I sorted our priorities and visions and it really helped us both understand what our dreams were for our wedding day. So here is mine and Fiance list of priorities, 1 being the highest and 9 lowest:
1)Apparel (even though I got my dress for under $200 and Fiance is getting his tux free)
2)Food (included in venue pkg)
3)Music (included in venue pkg)
5)Aesthetics/Appearance (flowers, decorations, centerpieces, etc) (decorations and centerpieces included in venue pkg, DIY our flowers)
6)Family and friends (We love them but it costs to have everyone there!!)
7)Convenience (Our venue is 2 hrs away from our hometown but we saved thousands)
8)Liquor (Only having a champagne toast, venue owner threw in champagne fountain and not making us have security since we’re having a small wedding)
Im interested in knowing others thoughts and opinions about their priorites. Happy planning!
Post # 3
Top priorities were food/booze and photography.
Important but willing to make compromises were my dress, entertainment, flowers, and venue.
Low priorities were paper products, favors, and special transportation.
Post # 4
We went over this when we first started planning and agreed on our top three priorities: photography, attire and venue.
Those aren’t necessarily where we’re spending the most money, but those areas are the ones we really researched and took our time choosing to make sure we found the perfect match for us. Everything else, we’re pretty laid back about.
Post # 5
1. Entertainment (band and DJ)
2. Aesthetics/Appearance (Centerpieces, flowers, table lines, lighting package)
3. Food and Drinks (Must have open bar with top shelf liquor)
4. Dress and Tux
8. Paper Products (Invitations, Save the Dates, escort cards, etc)
Post # 7
1 being the lowest, 9 being the top:
1. Paper prodcuts
6. Ceremony feel (wording, decorations, officiant)
7. Music and dancing
8. Alcohol and food
9. Guest list and accomodating all guests on our list need’s
Post # 8
FH only has two priorities (which he reminds me of often)
1. at the end of the day, being married to me
2. that I will relax enough to enjoy myself
#1 seems doable, #2 is shaky but I will try
Post # 9
Aside from the point of us actually getting married, our biggest priorities were food/booze, photography, and FUN! I always think it’s funny when people post about not making a wedding all about the “party” because in my family/friends, after the ceremony, it IS all about the party! We wanted to make sure people had a great time and enjoyed themselves. People have said ours was the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to 😉
Post # 10
We did this as well, and it was super helpful!
1. Venue – It’s important for us to have an all-in-1 venue so guests don’t have to travel or take a break between ceremony/reception; we also want something unique like a museum or an old inn
2. Photography – Found an amaaaazing photographer who shares our vision, and she’s worth every penny!
3. Dress/Food – Dress is important to me (obvs) and food is important to him
1. Decorations/favors – We may well skip the favors and I’m pretty much going to go lax and simple on decorations so I don’t go crazy/spend a ton
2. Alcohol – If it’s in budget, we’ll have a wine/beer bar; otherwise we are going to skip alcohol and just provide soft drinks/tea/coffee/water and champagne for the toast
3. Flowers – I love flowers, but they’re too expensive and die anyway so if I can’t afford them I won’t miss ’em
Post # 11
1. my wedding look
2. unique venue
3. a romantic, warm wintery and cozy atmosphere
4. personal and intimate ceremony
Post # 13
2. venue + decor
3. our over-all look (attire, right down to teeth whitening)
4. food/ alcohol (well, this is tied with #3 because it is super important to Fiance, as he is understanding about my dress/ look)
6. invites/ paper products
(decorations/ centerpieces/ flowers are included with venue, so that makes it so much easier)
Post # 14
@hotchildinthecity: I second the “party” argument. What I want to remember about our special day is the amazing time spent with friends. I also think guests will remember a rocking party better than they can remember a wedding’s colors. My top priorities (1. being the most important)
1. Delicious Food/Booze and cake (for me, these all go in the same category)
2. DJ for dancing all night
3. Venue that suits our theme
4. Decor that Suits theme (not to say i’ll spent alot; i’ll DIY a bunch of stuff)
5. Attire (I like simple beauty and need no bling, frills, bells or whistles)
7. Photography (My aquaintance is an art teacher and she has started a small photography business. I’m taking a risk because its her first wedding, but all of her photography is beautiful so I’m sure she’ll get some great shots)
8. Officiant (don’t care who does it)