Sell it : (69 votes)
    28 %
    "Trash the dress" : (19 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 47
    1853 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’m turning my dress and custom veil into a bassinet cover.

Post # 48
    2295 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Christmas tree skirt

Post # 49
    725 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I have mine on a pretty seamstress dress form in my closet….I get to see it everyday!

Post # 50
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m keeping mine. Its actually sitting in my car still -since Oct lol but if I ever have kids I want my child to be able to use it if they want. Even if it is just a piece of it to have…. I didn’t have anything “old” so I wanna be able to give that to my child…and if I don’t have kids then I’ll have it for me. I keep everything that has meaning. All my sports uniforms and special shirts. Nic nacs all kids of stuff.

Post # 51
    6261 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I’m hoping to shorten it so I can wear it after

Post # 52
    2211 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I knew someone who had a seamstress use part of her wedding dress to make a baptismal gown for her baby.  Thought it was very sweet idea. 

Though, I sew, and the thought of cutting into a perfectly good wedding gown makes me cringe a little.

Post # 53
    248 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
    @QueenieB:  +1! This is exactly what I want to do with mine! I saw it on an episode of ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’. I think it’s such a cool idea to use it as art/decoration.

Post # 55
    461 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Ideally I want to get it cleaned and do a shadow box with it and a few other wedding items. Where would I put this box? i don’t know but thats my ideal.

Otherwise I think in my later years I might make something with it for sentimental value. I just can’t imagine selling it. My FH worked hard for me to get my dream dress and I get to marry my best friend in it. I am way too sentimental for my own good. haha

Post # 56
    2966 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

i still have mine. and i may or may not lounge around the house wearing it sometimes. 

Post # 57
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I have two dresses (church and reception). One is a ballgown the other is a sheath dress. I would love to “fit” into my sheath dress at a 5 or 10yr wedding anniversary.

I LOVE my dresses. My ideal plan (which I saw on Pinterest), have the ballgown on display in my dream walk in closet… *jumping off cloud 9 now*

I don’t know if I can part with them… they got swaroski crystals and all and it’s costing me my mom a fortune 

Post # 58
    2073 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I did a photo shoot (no trashing of any kind) and then sent it away to be cleaned and preserved. It is currently sitting in a huge white box in our spare room. 

One day I hope to take it out and have it framed in a shadow box for my dream closet/dressing room but we shall see if that happens. 

Post # 59
    36 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @FortiesFlare:  Great dress for you. Beautiful.

The topic ‘What are you bees gunna do with your wedding dress after the wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors