What are you doing for NYE 2020!?

posted 10 months ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
3895 posts
Honey bee

NYE is amateur night around here and it’s a huge pain and super expensive to go out.  I assume that fiance and I will go up to our cabin and have an evening alone OR we will get together with friends and have a house party.  Maybe grab an earlier dinner before things get really crazy.

Post # 3
1479 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Watching the new Star Wars in theaters and hanging out at friends house after and proably playing a video or board game 🙂 

Post # 4
3349 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

DH and I will be taking a trip to Quebec City, on NYE we plan to go ice-bar hopping and then watching the fireworks on the plains of Abraham. We usually don’t do anything too big so are SUPER excited for this NYE.

Post # 6
3349 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Thanks bee! Our past few NYEs involved watching TV in my parents living room so we figured we were due for some romance. Especially as this will likely be our last NYE before TTC! 

View original reply
absinthevintage :  

Post # 7
2338 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Where we live it’s summer.  Our whole country is pretty much closed between Christmas and New Year and everyone heads away to the beach. Camp sites are packed. 

We aren’t going away this year but all our friends are. We will probably have a delicious meal with our inlaws. 

Post # 8
1200 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

For the last few years, my husband and I have gone to a ski resort that has dinner & snow tubing through the new year. It’s a lot of kids, but we’re not big drinkers or partiers. It’s really fun snowtubing down a hill when 12:00 hits

Post # 9
9525 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Dh’s family celebrates NYE like other people celebrate Christmas (tree, presents, tons and tons of food!), so we’ll be with them.

Post # 10
736 posts
Busy bee

I’m going down to visit my brother and SIL (they live 4 hours away) from 12/23-1/3 and will be spending it at their place with a few friends or a cheap bar. They kind of live in the sticks. Ha.

This will be the 3rd year in a row that his cat will be my kissing buddy for the countdown. Ha. It just ended up that I have been single for the past 3 NYE’s. Hahahaha.

Post # 11
1439 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - A vineyard

Big fat nothing and I love it lol. I’m a total homebody and I love my sleep. I will still be making a delicious meal for New Years Eve and New Years day too. Totally going to break our diets and eat pounds of potatoes without guilt 😀

Post # 12
4195 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
absinthevintage :  Our plans are currently up in the air. My husband owns an entertainment company and sometimes DJs NYE parties at bar/restaurants. So far he doesn’t have anything booked for himself, but if he does decide to take a last minute gig then I’ll tag along. We actually had a pretty nice time at his gig last NYE. I’d be glad to stay in though. When we do, he makes twin filet mignon for us and we have a cozy evening in with our dog, ringing in the new year with our own little champagne toast. We got a new amazing couch and updated our fireplace this past weekend, so it’ll be extra cozy this year! I’m selfishly hoping he doesn’t get a last minute gig so that we can do our own thing. If the weather is mild then we might even go out for dinner and a night cap. We hope to have a baby this time next year (starting IVF in January) so it could be our last chance to party on NYE for a little while (fingers crossed). 

Post # 13
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

DH is on call for his job (not a doctor) and when he is, he needs to stay relatively close by in case he gets calls to go fix stuff so we probably won’t be venturing out. 

I reached out to some friends and wanted to see if they wanted to come over to have some drinks and we could play cards and stay up to watch the ball drop. That’s about it. 

In the past we usually go stop  by DH’s aunt’s house with his family and make our way to our friends house party. Probably won’t happen this year. 

Post # 14
486 posts
Helper bee

Probably working!  But usually my bf is working too, this year he is not.  So I hope to get home by midnight to a very cozy house and at least get the first minutes of the new year with him!

Post # 15
681 posts
Busy bee

I’m flying back home after visiting my parents for Christmas the morning of the 31st.

I may go to bed early (like I have the last couple of years) and then get up super early to start the New Year off with a hike or ski.

Alternatively, if my boyfriend is in town (he might go on a ski trip with his brother), I may do something with him. It would be fun to celebrate the New Year together, but I’m not sure if it’s as fun being hungover rather than being outside hiking… Decisions, decisions.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors