Post # 1
One of the big tasks we have will be decorating the church hall, so any available family members and the bridal party (except for the kids) will be decorating like mad! I think it will be fun, and we’re having a local Lebanese restaurant cater a light lunch. Then in the afternoon FH and I will be sneaking off for Afternoon Tea at the Chateau Laurier. I love high tea, and it is such a relaxing way to calm down and de-stress. I think it’s important that we also get some alone time before the big day. I don’t know what will happen in the evening, as the rehearsal dinner is two days before the wedding. If I get my way, it will be pizza and a movie…and then something to help me relax before bed!
Any suggestions? What are you doing?
Post # 3
I want everyone to have a nice, relaxed time the day before the wedding. I am going to try to be organized and have as much possible DONE before hand, so that we can go paintballing or shooting (The guys are going, but I have fun doing that stuff too- it’s Wisconsin!). I like doing outdoor things and having fun with “the boys.”
We’ll have to do our flower arrangments that day, so- realistically, I might get stuck doing that, but they are going to be very simple (callas and roses).
Your day sounds great @MerryMary. Tea would be lovely!
Mostly I will be trying to avoid my mother and sisters so that I can have some fun, but that’s just my situation! That was a smart idea to have your rehearsal dinner early so that you can relax the night before. I have to have my rehearsal and then the dinner that night, and I just hope it isn’t too much stress- (my family doesn’t get along). I am just going to worry about me, and no one else- hopefully! I am going to try to be as selfish as possible with my alone time and with my Fiance.
Post # 4
Hey Date Twin!!!!We are welcoming all the out of town guests and then putting them to work! LOL! We are first doing rehersal and decorating the church then off to the venue to decorate and have a BBQ for our rehershal dinner. This is for everyone helping out decorating and all of our out of town guests.
Our reception site is actually at a state owned camp ground on Lake Michigan. It will be inside a log cabin lodge. So the rest of the night will probably just be spent around a campfire talking and catching up with everyone. Cant wait!!!!
Post # 5
we are having our rehersar dinner/party, and getting the last few tasks completed(the one’s i forgot to write down! )
Post # 6
Hi fellow date twins!!
We will have a house full of people the morning before the wedding day. We have a bunch going on the day the before too – I actually had to do a mini-timeline. Most importantly – travel to our wedding venue. We are getting married about 1.5 hours from our home so there will be lots of packing and making sure I don’t forget anything! Then that night we are having dinner with our guests (it’s a small wedding and they are all traveling from out-of-state) and getting a good nights sleep!
Post # 7
1. I am picking up my dress from the store (they already have it in and have started alterations) and taking it to the hotel and checking in and bringing all my stuff for the night before and the night of the wedding to the hotel room.
2. The Fiance and I are then having manicures (just us)….his version is the guy version with a massage instead of a polish…heh.
3. Then going home and relaxing with the family and just prepping the house for the rehearsal dinner. Nothing too intensive, just check we have enough empty chairs set up and clean plates and glasses and drinks.
4. Go to the rehearsal at the church and rehearse!
5. Rehearsal dinner at our house. Take-out, yum!
6. Say bye to Fi and head to the hotel with my bridesmaid and try to relax and get some sleep!
Post # 8
We will be decorating everything and getting all our tables ready!!!
Post # 9
- Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union
I’m getting my hair trial (semi destination wedding), my nails done, and relaxing before the rehearsal. Everything better be done 🙂
Post # 10
I am doing mani-pedis with my bridesmaids, aunts and my mom.
Running any last minute errands.
Have my rehearsal dinner at my parents house.
I hope to have everything else taken care of so there is no last minute problems.
Post # 11
We’ll be decorating the church and taking the rest of the items and desserts for the dessert buffet to our reception site. And then I’m going to get lunch with Fiance and get my nails done with the girls before getting ready for the rehearsal and dinner.
Post # 12
I’m getting my nails done and having rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the day before.
Post # 13
setting up for he rehearsal dinner lol. It was will be an outdoor evening party at our house so we will be getting the tents and everything set up…. Thankfully, our venue deals with the reception set up the day before so we wont’ have to worry about that.
Post # 14
1. Fiance and I are getting manicures (some of my BMs might tag along)
3. Rehersal Dinner (early–done by 7)
4. Bachelorette Party (at a friend’s house–all we’re doing is making bouquets and watching a movie. Done by 10.
Post # 15
Manis and pedis; relaxing.
Post # 16
Running around like a chicken with it’s head chopped off…. LOL!!
- I am picking up the flowers for the bouqets.
- taking care of any last minute deatils.
- rehearsal dinner
- check in hotel
- get the rental car
- probably preparing the bouqets so that all we have to do the day of is wrap it in the ribbon.
- if they allow us, we’ll probably set up the reception site as well.
It doesn’t sound like a lot, but it feels like it’s a lot…