(Closed) What are you doing with your bouquet AFTER the wedding?

posted 11 years ago in Flowers
  • poll: What are you doing with your bouquet AFTER the wedding?
    Throwing it away : (28 votes)
    40 %
    Probably storing it in a shoebox in the closet : (8 votes)
    11 %
    Having it made into jewelry- Please provide site! : (1 votes)
    1 %
    Having it pressed to hang in my house : (6 votes)
    9 %
    Drying it an having it somewhere in my house : (18 votes)
    26 %
    Other : (9 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 17
    3467 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

My bouquet is paper flowers so I wll put the as decoration in my house somewhere =)

As you can tell… I’m pretty proud =D =D

Post # 18
    573 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I am going to give mine to my friend who is getting married a month after me! 

Then she can throw it out if she wants too.

Post # 20
    6980 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I left mine in the house in some water until it died and then I tossed it. 

Post # 22
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I simply couldnt see throwing so much $$ away so I made all of my flower bouquets for the entire wedding.  they are artificial and look great.  It only cost me about $150 for 5 bouquets, 10 bout, 4 corsages and 4 flower girl wands, and 2 huge alter arrangements.  When I met with a florist and she told me $900+ I said no way!  I just couldnt see spending that amount of money for it to all end up in the trash.  At least my bridal party have the option of keeping it if they want. Most have told me they will.  So my bouquet will be displayed in a special glass box that I bought at a craft store.  (like the kind you would display a football in)

Post # 23
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@hottiesangel629: hey just wanted to let you know those are called shadow boxes, my moms was a framer at hobby lobby for years lol and people put tons of stuff in those

Post # 24
    27 posts
    Newbee

Thanks Mrs.duck!!!  lol

Post # 25
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

I gave my bouquet to my Mother-In-Law to take home, one of my Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquet’s was placed on my Grandmother’s grave and the centrepiece on our bridal table went on to my other Grandmother’s grave.  Taking them up to the cemetary felt like a really nice way to honour the my Grandparents and the help they gave in raising me (I was very close to both my G’ma’s)

Post # 26
    513 posts
    Busy bee

I’m using my bouquet in the bouquet toss, so it will probably end up in the garbage.  I’m not really tied to it.  

Post # 27
    3423 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I’m gonna toss it and an unmarried lady can do anything she wants with it, which will probably be canning it.

Post # 28
    3016 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I voted “other”, since I never really thought about it & now am undecided. Mine will be fresh & all orchids- might be a totally stupid question, but how do you preserve them yourself? Also think mine might be a mess to try & do this because of the hanging green thingies (forget their name):

Post # 29
    4211 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

My mom dried it out but many of the flowers did not dry well – mostly the hydrangeas. She has some of the flowers sitting in a vase on her kitchen table that she said I can take at any time. But I know my cats will probably try to eat them so I dont know if Ill ever bring them home!

Post # 30
    8247 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I threw mine out.  The bouquet itself doesn’t really hold any sentimental value to me (nor do I really care for the look of dried flowers).

The topic ‘What are you doing with your bouquet AFTER the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors