Post # 1
I’m doing a sort of modified Mr Bee plan but not because I’m patient. My bf is leaving at the end of the month for 2 months of OCS and I won’t hear from him much during that time. I thought a couple weeks of not focusing on engagment before then would be nice as well.
I thought it would be nice to share what we’re all excited about doing before engaement or things we’re doing for ourselves while waiting.
I’m excited about:
Moving out of my parents into my own apartment.
Finishing c25k. I got a bit off track (sick) but time to get back to it! Also the OCS challenege. When I found out how much bf is running in OCS I said “psh, I could do that” so whatever he runs, I run. ~3 miles a day. (It’s manageable, right? Plus I’ve got Vacation motivation!)
Painting. It’s been too long.
Visiting my bestie in Wisconsin.
Oh and these guys:
My new little family! (Twin girls, I know they both have boy names…I didn’t mean for that to happen) Sorry about the picture posting for mostly my amusement, but kittens make everyone smile, right?
Anyway, what are you ladies excited about doing for yourself (or getting out of the way before wedding crazies) while you’re waiting?
Post # 3
I’m excited to finish grad school. And be able to go on random shopping sprees before the real saving begins.
Post # 4
More sister trips before SO turns into Hubby (we just went on a 8 day cruise, go us!) and baby comes into the picture
Losing weight to get healthier
Post # 5
I’m excited to run my second half marathon in October (I ran my first in May! I also started with the C25K)
I’m excited to finish the p90x program (hardcore 6 day a week workout) i’m doing before I start training for the half in August. Hopefully losing weight (or inches) will be a side effect of this goal!
I’m excited to visit my Aunts next week, who I haven’t seen in a couple months.
I’m excited to go on vacation in Yosemite for our one year anniversary in August!
Post # 6
I’m excited to lose the weight. I had to look up what C25K stood for and it sounds like a great idea and a great way to get me started.
I am also excited for my start-up company to receive financing.
Post # 7
Ooh! This is a good idea. Definitely could use the distraction…
I’m looking forward to starting a new job this summer. Just finished grad school and kind of excited to be a “real” human again with an 8-5 job (instead of class all day and then a billion hours of homework to boot).
I’m looking forward to some r & r and spending time with family.
Also can’t wait to start exercising again. Now that I finally have a little free time, I need to make the most of it!
Post # 8
I’m excited because my best friend is in town! He is here until Thursday, so we’re going to go out and do some fun things together. Then, on Thursday, I leave to go visit my SO.
Thinking of the “Mr. Bee” plan, I’m planning on doing a few nice things for myself! Project-wise:
1) Losing weight. I just re-enrolled back in Weight Watchers. I am also going to try the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also take SkyRobics classes, which are AWESOME!
2) I’m going to get my application turned in for grad school. It’s time to get started on that journey.
And, for the little things:
1) I want to have a mini spa day before the school year starts up again. I want to get a massage and a pedicure.
2) I want to continue saving for a DSLR camera, and then possibly take a photography class.
3) I want to go shopping for new clothes as I drop the weight.
So, there we go! Lots of good things to look forward to :-).
Post # 9
I too did a 5k this spring!
I am also excited about graduating with my nursing degree and landing my dream job!
I just passed my nursing boards! and now i have two weeks off before the start of my new job.
I love spending time with my little pup too!
Post # 10
Wow! Everyones got such great things going on!! 🙂 Whenever I think of “Waiting” I think of the ‘waiting place’ in “Oh the places you can go!” but it doesn’t really seem like any of you are just sitting around waiting for engagement so you life can start. I love it!
Msmamabear, good call on the sibling thing, I used to have brother/sister dates all the time…my mom told me recently my bother missed me. I def need to get some more of thoes in.
baldor1…c25k is great, it seems overwheming sometimes but it’s actually competely manageable.
Ms Emily Marie S/He’s such a cutie!! I want a puppy but we’re going to wait another year so the bf will be more settled then. He wants one so bad but he’s never home enough. The kittens were an accidental aquisition…someone left them and I couldn’t let them go…
Post # 11
I’m excited to finally sign with Sutherlands this weekend (modeling agency) and I can’t wait to get started with auditions, etc.
I’m also excited for my new niece or nephew that’s due on September 10th! My brother already has the cutest kid ever, Katherine, so we’re all very excited what the next one will be!! Either way, I’m going to spoil the bejesus out of that kid.
Hmm… What else… Maybe just little things, like going on picnics and bike rides with my b/f this summer.
Post # 12
Boyfriend or Best Friend is moving away 6 months before we get hitched so I am also trying to focus on the exciting things.
1. Having enough “me” time for exercise.
2. Girl nights with my ladies!
3. Spending time with family and pups before I make the big move too.
Post # 13
Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed by all the waiting I’m doing, but that’s only because there’s so many exciting things coming up. It definitely helps to focus on some of these things – good call MsEucalyptus!
1. Since I’m working this summer and graduating a semester early (which hardly anyone does at my college), my last semester this fall just feels like extra time I get to spend with my friends. We already have a bunch of exciting things planned (sailing lessons, Vegas trip, Disneyland).
2. I’m going to graduate from college soon!
3. Then I get to get a job (that I hopefully like), find an apartment (which I will definitely like because it will not be a dorm), and stay in the same place for more than a couple months! I’m always moving around so I’m super exciting to carve out a stable place for myself and actually get involved. Plus, I’ll finally get to reunite my wardrobe!
4. Becoming an expert baker – I’m working on that this summer by making a lot of cupcakes. Dark chocolate with peanut butter frosting, cookies and cream, strawberry champagne with chcolate ganache…yum!
5. Learning about photography and taking awesome pictures of our summer adventures with my new DSLR. And just having awesome summer adventures.
Also, GwenvonD congrats on your forthcoming niece or nephew! My sister just had her second a couple months ago and that is indeed an excellent distraction. 🙂
Post # 14
I’m excited to refinance my house this month!! Now I can (maybe) stop working 7 days a week & stop stressing about money! I can even start seriously looking into grad school when these bills are paid off!
Post # 15
I’m excited about:
Teaching for another semester, no wedding plans means I get to focus on work I get paid for!
Planning another vacation!
Going to the gym! Anyone tried Zumba?–so much fun!
Post # 16
This is a great thread! I think it’s easy for us waitingbees to get bogged down in some of the less happy parts of waiting. It’s nice to focus on the positive!
@MsEucalyptus: Your kittens are so adorable! I am dying to have one that looks like them some day!
I have some similar goals/plans to you ladies.
I am trying to get back in a workout routine. Struggling so far, but I am going to stick to it. c25k are very appealing – I think I may try it. Also, I’ll be moving back in with my parents in a couple of months and they have an elliptical, which will be nice to take advantage of.
I am seriously obsessing about losing weight. I feel so disgusting now. My sister is getting married in Nov. 2011, and I want to be a hot Maid/Matron of Honor, hopefully followed not long after by being a hot bride!
I’m finishing my masters program…I am so sick of school, but I have to make it through.
On the fun side, I want to spend time crafting/sewing/creating things.