(Closed) What are you giving groomsmen & bridesmaids? Special gifts for MOH&BM?

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

We haven’t figured out everything for the guys yet. So far they are getting a nice wallet, but the girls are getting a tote that they can use for groceries after the wedding, along with a small coach bag with a matching card holder, a knotted pearl necklace with matching bracelet and earrings (each made by me), their gown and shrug made by me, and their shoes.

We are not having a flower girl.

[attachment=1032316,128180] [attachment=1032316,128181] [attachment=1032316,128182] [attachment=1032316,128183] [attachment=1032316,128184] [attachment=1032316,128185]

Post # 5
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

1.  I bought each of my 6 bmaids a patterned clutch and coordinating pashmina.  They are all getting flip flops, flower hair pins, and their jewelry as well. 

2.  Each GM and the 2 ushers is getting a tie to wear on the wedding day, but we haven’t figured out part 2 of their gift yet.

3.  The best man is getting a flip cam.  The MOH is getting a necklace from Tiffany, so different things entirely.

4.  The goal is less than $100 per bm/gm and about $100 each for the best man and MOH for gifts.  Hair is $40-50 per girl.  I spent $40 total on all their jewelry and about $100 on shoes and hair pins.

5.  If the girls want their hair done, we are paying for it.  I don’t care what their nails look like so I haven’t offered that part.

6.  No FG/RB, but my two readers are getting a necklace and jewelry rolls ($40 for each girl)

Good luck!  Finding gifts has been my favorite part and it’s taken over a year to pull everything together!

Post # 6
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Thank you Jadore 🙂

It really wasn’t that difficult to make the jewelry and it won’t be that difficult to make the shrugs. I should have them done this weekend. What may be difficult are the dresses because there is so much fabric to work with. I am hoping to have them done by the end of July. I am making the dresses in a Celedon color. It is a shade of green.

Post # 7
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

1. What you bought for your bridesmaids? I got my 3 bridesmaids a lauren merkin clutch (which I kind of want for myself, lol –http://www.laurenmerkin.com/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemId=715) and my MOH is getting pearl earrings. I also want to add something else to each of their gifts–maybe a monogrammed light robe or some fun earrings or something.

2. What you and/or your groom bought for your groomsmen? Nothing yet, that’s up to FI!

3. If you bought something different for your maid of honor and best man, or something else in addition to what you gave everyone else? As I wrote, my MOH is gettin something different…she’s a mom and doesn’t really go out dancing or to dinner that much, and I don’t think she’d have much use for a clutch. So she’s getting nice earrings and I think I’ll try to get her a spa gift certificate as well.

4. If you feel this is too nosy of a question, PLEASE don’t feel pressured to answer, but what was your price range? I’ve spent about $100 so far on my Bridesmaids, and will probably spend another 30 to 50 dollars.

5. Did you pay for your bridesmaids’ dresses, hair, makeup, manicures, any other spa services, etc? Nope.

6. Also, what did you get for your flower girl(s), ring bearers, etc? Nothing yet, but I’ll have fun shopping for those gifts!

Edited to add that I got the clutches on major sale, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to get them anything else!

Post # 9
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I made a necklace and earring set for my bridesmaids. I also bought them a clutch. 

We have no idea what we’re doing for groomsmen. Maybe beer of the month club.

I want to give something extra to my MOH. I don’t know what it would be if I decide to. I’ve been combing etsy for something that I think she’d like.

Cost? I don’t know. Enough to be decent gifts that show our appreciation. 

I’m buying hair and make-up and any dye jobs (if they choose). I’m also getting my MOH’s hotel room. I hadn’t wanted to spend that much on them, but I feel like my MOH needs the help and that it should be even amongst them.

Flower girls and ring bearer: I love what I’m giving them! I bought blank canvas bags and iron letters and decals from the craft store and made them personalized tote bags. Then I went to the dollar store and filled them up with cheap, enjoyable toys like silly putty, a slinky, puzzles, etc.

Post # 10
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I actually just wrote an Examiner article for my fashion column on this the other day, check it out and let me know what you think! I’m a big fan of handbags, clutches, etc…enjoy!

http://bit.ly/ciq7Ma Grand Rapids Handbag Examiner 

-Hope 

Post # 11
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I bought my girls Tiffany necklaces.  They are similar but different (heart, star, horseshoe, butterfly, dragonfly).  I also bought them silver stud earrings, a bridesmaid tank to wear the day of, and a makeup case with hand sanitizer, pocket mirror, lip gloss, and nail file (the last part will be part of the shower thank you gift)

2. He is thinking of getting Fossil watches for them.  We’re also considering Flip video cameras.  In addition, we’ll get them a bottle of their favorite liquor.

3. If you bought something different for your maid of honor and best man, or something else in addition to what you gave everyone else?  I don’t think we’re doing anything extra for them.  I dont want to make the other girls feel left out.  I *might* take my sister (MOH) out for a spa day or a lunch the week before, but just not tell anyone.

4. For the bridesmaids, I spent about $200 each.  For the groomsmen, it will probably come out to about $125 each.

5.   No, they paid for their own dress, hair/makeup, and mani/pedi.

6. I didn’t have a flower girl or ring bearer.

Post # 12
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi — I bought the bridesmaids their dresses, shoes, matching little handbag, flip flops and nail polish. I told them I wasn’t getting “gifts” that this would be the gift. I still haven’t decided what jewelery they will wear, but will get that for them, too. Make-up will be done for all of them by the maid of honor who is a make-up artist. For their hair, I said they can do whatever they’d like (no one ever paid for my hair to be done when I was in their weddiing.) I also picked up some little things (frame, friend notecards in a cute tin, etc) to put in a bag as a very little “thank you.” I think overall as a bridesmaid in the past, I would have rather the bride bought my dress, etc. so I didn’t have to pay for it and not have gotten me a gift, so that’s what I decided to do. I never wear the Tiffaany necklace a bride bought me, but I would have liked to have saved $250 on the dress I bought for her wedding. I just doesn’t make sense to me for people to “double” spend — you have to buy your bridesmaid dress, etc. and then I buy you a gift. Let’s start a new trend where the bride buys everything. I bet a lot of brides wouldn’t want expensive bridesmaids dresses anymore!

Post # 13
13101 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I got the following things for our wedding party:

Bridesmaids:
[attachment=1049130,130130]

Flower Girl:
[attachment=1049130,130131]

Ring Bearer:
[attachment=1049130,130132]

Groomsmen:  This one is up to FI but we did get them hand-painted pilsner glasses like the wine glasses for the bridesmaids.  I think he is also planning to get them steak branding irons with their initials.

We spent about $75 each on the bridesmaids and groomsmen.  The groomsmen are paying for their tux rentals and the bridesmaids bought their dresses.  My mom paid for their shoes.  I’m letting them do their own hair and make-up and if they choose to get it professionally done, that will be their expense.

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey!  Everything sounds so wonderful that everyone is getting for their wedding party!  I figured I’d share mine as well! 🙂

1. What you bought for your bridesmaids?  Well, I am having a destination wedding (I live in NJ but getting married in Laguna Beach, CA) so I am spending a little more on my wedding party than I would have normally.  I am getting/ have gotten: an I <3 LB tote bag, Laguna Beach Towel, Spa Wrap with their name on it to use while we’re getting ready the day of the wedding, a clutch that matches their dresses, cute flip flops, a sweater for the night of the wedding since it gets chilly at night in Laguna, and a neckalce and earring set that I found on etsy 🙂

2. What you and/or your groom bought for your groomsmen?  We are getting them all Oakley sunglasses, and the day before the wedding, they are all going to Beverly Hills to get an “old fashioned” shave. Not sure if we will look into getting them anything else, since we are getting so much for the girls.

3. If you bought something different for your maid of honor and best man, or something else in addition to what you gave everyone else? I would like to get something different for the Best Man and both of my MOH’s, but I’m unsure of what, since I’ve already gotten them so much. 

4. If you feel this is too nosy of a question, PLEASE don’t feel pressured to answer, but what was your price range? We really didn’t have a price range… we just wanted to maek sure that each of them feel appreciated – plus, with the girls, I really dont want them to have to worry about much, since I’m already so excited that they are spending the money to fly out to CA for my wedding.

5. Did you pay for your bridesmaids’ dresses, hair, makeup, manicures, any other spa services, etc? I did not pay for the dresses (they were only $99 at Davids Bridal! Yay!), I will not may for manicure because I dont mind if they do or dont have their nails done… but I will be paying for hair and makeup – Where we are, it just costs so much to have it done and I wouldn’t want them to have to put out the expense on top of everything else (Its $155 per girl)

6. Also, what did you get for your flower girl(s), ring bearers, etc? I am not having a ring bearer, but for my flower girl, I am getting her dress for her – instead of a traditional white flower girl dress, I am getting a tutu in my wedding colors (pink and orange) and a head band to match (only costs $20 total) and I will buy her a cute body suit and I found cute little pink slippers to match.  I am also buying her a silver necklace with her initial and a flower with a small diamond hanging from it and a hoodie that says Flower Girl on the back for the night of the wedding, as well as a cute flower girl tote bag.

I hope this helps!!! Congrats and good luck everyone!!

xoxo

Post # 15
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

1. What you bought for your bridesmaids? Still deciding but this is the plan

• Emergency kit: made this, it’s small to fit in their bag’s day of, has q-tips, blotting pads, band-aids, floss, and small packets (deodorant, makeup remover, and nail polish remover) from La Fresh. ($20 total)
  • Pashmina ($25 for 6)
  • Flip flops ($30 estimated)
  • Clutch ($30 each) a friend’s mom owns an etsy shop
    OR
  • Lotion ($30 each) I have a favorite lotion all my friends rave about

Right now I can’t decide whether to do the lotion or clutches. Thoughts??

1. What you and/or your groom bought for your groomsmen?

Nice bottle of alcohol for each of them, for his 2 younger brothers tickets to a baseball game or something different.

1. If you bought something different for your maid of honor and best man, or something else in addition to what you gave everyone else?

I bought my MOH (sister) these earrings since she never buys herself jewelry and is very simple. They arrived yesterday! I HIGHLY recommend the seller.

Blue Topaz Stud Earrings

1. If you feel this is too nosy of a question, PLEASE don’t feel pressured to answer, but what was your price range?

About $50 each.

1. Did you pay for your bridesmaids’ dresses, hair, makeup, manicures, any other spa services, etc?

No, not all the girls will arrive in time to get their nails done the day before. We’ll be going to the salon together day of for hair/makeup but I said you don’t have to get it done if you don’t want to. Most are getting their hair blown out and makeup done but some are not.

1. Also, what did you get for your flower girl(s), ring bearers, etc?

I need help with a ring bearer gift for a 9 year old!!

Post # 16
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. bridesmaids: necklaces with stones that match their dresses

2. groomsmen: not sure yet, groom should be on top of that this week

Note: since we are having a Vegas DW, we also paid for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite that has a pull out couch for out bridal party (2 sets of couples + 1)… doubling as the “guys’ get ready room”

3. extras: sort of, but not really… since my MoH is my gym buddy, i picked her up a yoga mat bag when i bought myself one, but i dont think that counts. 😉

4. price range: BMs $65, GMs ~$80, room $1500

5. hair, makeup, etc: – paying for hair & makeup day of, approx. $400

The topic ‘What are you giving groomsmen & bridesmaids? Special gifts for MOH&BM?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors