Post # 1
Most of my planning has gone smoothly until I started looking for undergarments. I only have a few requirements and I can’t seem to find the perfect items that fit.
1. I’m planning on wearing stockings so it must have garter straps.
2. My SO likes corsets, but all the white ones seem to plain or too expensive.
3. I really like the vintage style. Think Mad Men.
4. I could also do a long line strapless bra and panty set as I just bought two gorgeous garter belts from Agent Provacateur but haven’t read any good reviews on them.
5. I have also found gorgeous basques and corselettes but they are sold out of my size or aren’t strapless.
6. I’m a 36B and prefer some sort of boning to keep everything nice and sucked in.
Can I wear something other that white underneath or does anyone have any recommendations of an online retailer or specific item I should check out? My first fitting is September 12 and I’m starting to think my dream lingerie doesn’t exist. (Please don’t suggest Victoria’s Secret. They don’t have anything that works as a real option.)
Post # 3
@thundercookie: I think other colours would be fine! It depends on your dress, of course, but I think most gowns aren’t sheer at all and so would allow you to wear whatever colour you like. Unless you really really want WHITE because it feels more bridal. I think a pale pink or blue would be lovely.
I’m going simple with mine. I don’t need any shaping and it’s going to be hot, but I am looking for some adorable undies. My dress is an A line ball gown so it’s not going to show anything I wear underneath it. That said, I’d love to get something sexy for the wedding night. My problem there is that I wear a 32A/XS and most of the things in that size are a bit juvenile.
Post # 6
Well… I think what is most important is undergarments that are
1. Comfortable and
2. Give you the outer look you want.
As for what’s sexy/what your husband likes, there’s no reason you can’t change into something like that *after* wearing the dress all day. I bought a separate lingerie outfit for the night.
Post # 7
My sister got married last year and said this: “No one told me not to wear my nice underwear under my dress. The dress was so hot after wearing it all day that everything was soaked. I had to peel them off and throw them in a bag. And they were the light weight mesh ones too.” This was her dress…