Loads of ribbon crafts is the name of my DIY game.
Every night I’m working on:
1) Finishing up the chair garlands (2 a night goal!!!)
2) Labeling and sealing the 2nd round of the Save the Dates (we sent the first round to relatives that are out of town and the bridal party)
3) My card box that looks like a wedding cake (I have it spray painted but I need to touch up a few funky spots with some masking tape and then spray paint it again). No pictures yet
4) The main sign to tell everyone where to go on the estate for cocktail hour, lawn games, etc…no real pictures yet.
5) A whole bunch of wooden fans that I’m decorating, I honestly didn’t think this craft through all the way. I bought them in excitement right after I got engaged because they were so cheap…and now I’m realizing they’re probably not that impportant. BUT I’ve already put a lot of work into them and I’m following through as long as I have time!
DIY on the backburner
6) I finished my ribbon wands for when we walk back down the aisle, but I need to remove the dowel stickers off some of them. Turns out rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth work best for this.
7) The arbor garland. I have all the ribbon pieces cut and sorted but I was waiting for warmer weather because I may spray paint the PVC pipes I’m going to put them on. I’m also considering filling some buckets with cement, putting a PVC pipe in them and then connecting the garland to them and display them in the reception area after the ceremony too.
8) The invitations, I finished my prototype months ago and will start mass printing and decorating them after we’re ready to start the invites. No pics.
9) Linens, I bought some lace for overlays on the reception tables, and I need to decide if I’m just going to cut them myself or if I want to pay $10 a pop to have someone else cut and hem them. To be honest I’m not sure this fabric needs hemming as long as I cut a careful straight line. I also bought some nice cloth for a few tablecloths at the cocktail hour, same debate as above, do I just cut them (and maybe iron on hem these) or do I pay someone? No pics.
10) Ceremony Program Bulletin Board, I have the board and the cloth I’m going to use on it…I just need to finalize some logistics on the big day before I can start on this
11) Escort cards/stickers that will then be pinned (or velcroed) up onto another bulletin board, that will be decorated the same as the program one. I’m going to put it on contact paper so people can peel off just their first name and slap it on their mason jar mug
12) Bar area bulletin board and labels for all the self-serve beverages
13) Wine bottle labels (I’m probably going to put the table numbers on these)
14) Menus for at the tables
15) Ring Box, I have the box, I just need to put something in it to make it hold the rings better or just look more artsy for a photo
DIY projects that are COMPLETELY FINISHED!!!
wait a minute…there’s nothing here…hhhmmmmm
Well 6 months out from the big day and with two weeks I’ll be spending traveling for work and pleasure this may be tough but I’ll get it done!