Post # 1
I am going to DIY my makeup this upcoming Satuarday. Products that I already have that I will be using are:
- Smashbox Photo Finish primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
- Urban deacy eyeshadow primer potion
- Urban Decay All nighter setting spray
I’m looking for recommendations for setting powder, long lasting eyeliner and eyeshadow, blush, waterproof mascara, and long lasting lip stick/stain
Post # 2
Hello! I used to work for Sephora and I think I can help you! 🙂
First of all if you have not thought about contouring for your wedding makeup I HIGHLY reccomend this. It will sculpt you cheek bones and make you face look extra incredible. Check out some youtube videos for tutorials on now to do this, I suggest gossmakeupartist on YouTube, his videos are wonderful, especially for complexion makeup.
1. Setting powder – I actually would suggest using a pressed powder to set your makeup with, mostly because many setting powders contain silica which reflects white in flash photography. Cover FX makes a great mattifying pressed powder. Bonus, you can touch up with it later.
2. Eyeliner and eyeshadow – Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, and MAC all have fantastic shadows and waterproof liner. As far as shadow goes, seeing that you already have primer potion you should do very well with any of these options. Makeup forever and UD both have very similar eyeliners and you can make them extra smudge proof by pressing an eyeshadow of a matching color on top of them (i.e. Use black shadow on black liner)
3. Blush – NARS blush is the best. Period. Beautiful colors and pigment, they last very well.
4. I really like makeup forever mascara or Dior, Dior mascara is also very volumizing and Sephora’s top selling mascara.
5. Makeup forever lip sticks are really awesome, they hold up and do not bleed.
hope this was helpful!
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
1. Setting powder- Tarte Smooth Operator clay setting powder
2. Shadow- Urban Decay and Lorac make my favorite shadows
3. Liner- Nars Larger Than Life Long wear liner is my fav
4. Blush- Nars and Ilamasqua. Nars is highly pigmented for a base, and then I’ll layer a pop of a brighter Ilamasqua blush (looks bright in the container but goes on very sheer) just on the apples of my cheeks
5. Mascara- I don’t use waterproof mascara, but for regular I love Benefit They’re Real
6. Lipstick- Tarte Lip Surgence has some nice, longwear, sheer colors
I also agree with the PP re. highlighting and contouring your face. It makes a huge difference.
Post # 4
- Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May
Commenting to follow as I’m also DIY ing my wedding makeup.
Post # 5
My absolute favorite mascara is FRESH Supernova. It’s bold and super pretty, and I’ve never had any clumping when putting it on.
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast
The other girls made great recommendations. I’d suggest looking at fake lashes and only a light layer of waterproof mascara (maybelline the rocket waterproof is great, i’ve worn it in the swimming pool). My favorite lashes are by Ardell
Post # 7
I watched A TON of makeup YouTube videos (tutorials, reviews, etc.) to help me decide what would work best for me. My reason for that was because not everyone has the same skin type as me. So, I just looked for YouTube videos where the girl had the same skin type or close to me.
I have combination skin. And here’s what I used:
MUFO HD foundation
Revlon colorstay concealer and powder
Bahama Mamma bronzer
Revlon colorstay eyeshadow quad
Lights camera lashes mascara
And eyeliner in a brand I don’t remember.
Post # 8
For eyeshadow, I would suggest buying the Lorac Pro Palette #1. It has everything you need in it to make a gorgeous wedding eye look. Here is a really good tutorial:
I also use it every day. The consistency of the shadows is great, color payoff is fabulous, and the Behind the Scenes eye primer it comes with is my favorite (better than UDPP, IMO).