Post # 1
I am always interested in seeing what people love and recommend. I am a personal care/beauty junkie, so I love trying new things. However, I refuse to be without some staples! My favorite products are:
Hard Candy’s Glamoflauge– This is a super cheap concealer (~6 at Walmart) that actually covers well. It is fairly thick, and covers everything from dark circles to hyperpigmentation — it is better or the same as some high-end products I have used. There is absolutely no other concealer I will use. The temptation to try new things is always there, but I don’t think I will find another drugstore concealer that performs like this.
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask– Because I am 25, and still breakout. It calms my skin, makes it feel sqeaky clean, and of course, helps breakouts with the power of sulfur.
(on the same note) Clearasil Adult Acne Treatment– Like I said, I still get pimples, and because I am allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, Sulfur is the only thing that seems to work. It isn’t drying, and even though it’s tinted, it actually fades away, so not a trace is left on my fair skin. I love it.
Nars “Orgasm” blush– A perfect peach for pretty much all skintones. I absolutely love it!
Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner- No sharpener required, and fading is slim-to-none. It goes on smoothly, and a light press will deliver a maximum amount of color. Great eyeliner that is cheap and cheerful.
Eucern Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion- Lightweight, yet moisturizing enough to help the driest parts of my face, with SPF 30. It checks all of my boxes!
I think I could go on a bit more, but…your turn!
Post # 3
Covergirl lash blast mascara: I love this mascara, you can layer it and it never gets thick and gross..and it separates my lashes so nicely.
Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner: Makes my hair so soft and smooth, and it smells wonderful!
Wet n’ wild eyeshadows: Seriously, they are awesome, and cheap!
L’oreal colour riche lipgloss: Not sticky and a very nice color selection..my favorite!
Benefit hula bronzer: Such a perfect matte brown color.
Post # 4
Clarisonic, T3 Hairblower, Temptu Airbrush System, Nars Orgasm Blush, Shu Uemura eyeshadows, Fresh Soy Cleanser
Post # 5
Almost anything by Reviva Labs. Reasonably priced and without a lot of the “nasty” ingredients that make so many personal care products so toxic! I especially like their DMAE firming fluid and their Make-up Primer totally rocks!
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Paula’s Choice products for my skin care (cleanser, toner, acne treatments, moisturizer). I also regularly use and love a Dolly Wink eyeshadow compact, Dolly Wink volumizing mascara, and Heroine Make liquid eyeliner. Aside from the PC, I love Japanese brands!! Why? I honestly can’t say, possibly just because the packaging is nicer LoL.
Post # 7
I will second the Glamoflauge and 3-minute miracle. I also love most things e.l.f. Great products for super cheap! I especially love their mineral eyeshadow primer. I never go without it! I’ll second the Paula’s Choice skin care too. Great stuff!
Post # 8
Benetint by benefit gives an amazing rosy flush on my fair skin & lips!
Estée Lauder double wear foundation a little bit goes a long way when you want a little extra coverage. It lasts all day & worth the $$$
or Clinique tinted moisturizer gives great coverage too!
Essie nail polish in raspberry
l’oreal sublime sunscreen in SPF 50+
Post # 9
LUSH Aqua Marina cleanser and Eau Roma Water (a toner).
Clinique pressed powder.
Moroccan argan oil.
If anyone’s interested, I got a dupe of NARS Orgasm – Milani blush in Luminous.
Post # 10
From most expensive to cheapest, things that I will replace when I’m done instead of trying something new:
1) Naked eyeshadow palette by Urban Decay. Good because all the colours work with my complexion. Bad because I have way too much fun putting on eyeshadow so it takes me forever to get ready. Especially love “Smog” and “Buck”.
2) Benefit eyebrow pencil. The day I learned that I could get a better shape by pencilling in my fair brows, the heavens opened and angels sang. This pencil+brush is really creamy so it acts almost like pale mascara for my blonde eyebrow hairs.
3) Mac Fluidline gel eyeliner. It’s so easy to apply and, I love the “Blitz and glitz”, it has a super-subtle gold shimmer in the black so it is a bit softer.
4) Sugar lip-balm. It’s like the best chapstick ever but tinted, like lipstick. I wear it every day. Love that I can reapply without a mirror. I have it in “Honey”, and “Rose”, love both.
5) Quo volumizing mascara in brown. It doesn’t rub off on my face, but washes off with just water. LOVE. (It is pretty subdued, so I use Benefit’s They’re Real for when I want drama, but it never comes off ever unless your face is oily then you look like a racoon.)
6) Grapeseed oil. It makes my curls even happier than moroccan oil, which contains silicone and will build up if you use gentle shampoos. Also – WAY cheaper.
7) Corn starch. brush it into the roots of my hair for day 2-3 in between washing. It lifts oils and adds volume. I can’t wash my hair every day in the winter or it dries out.
Post # 11
@seevan07- Thanks for the tip on the dupe! I’ve wanted to try the Nars but can’t justify spending the $ on it.
Lush’s Fresh Farmacy face wash
Lush’s Eau Roma Water (toner)
Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I do a deep treatment for my hair and a dab to tame frizzies)
Skin79 BB Cream
Cheap eyelash curler
Bare Minerals Brushes b/c they are the nicest I own and love them
Smashbox Camera Ready concealer
…I do need to buy some new makeup though.
Post # 12
Fekkai hair products! I cannot live without the Full Blown Volume series… I have very long straight hair and this helps it stay bouncy and VS model like without doing anything to it… They’re the only products allowed in the house that have parabens in them…
Keihl’s Creme de Corps! Love!!!
I could probably do without everything else but I love those two things!
Post # 13
Clinique pressed powder is awesome! I use it everyday. Glad to see someone else loves it, too.
Post # 14
@elle_z: I love Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula body lotion. It’s inexpensive, effective, and smells delicious.
I love anything in the Body Shop’s vanilla range. And their strawberry body polish.
Clinique Lash Doubling mascara is better than Dior IMO.
OPI makes the best nail polish.
I love Urban Decay’s primer potion… it makes my eye shadow last all day without budging.
I’m a perfume junkie and I’ve been obsessed w. Gucci’s Flora the last few years.
Cake Beauty hand cream is great. It’s not greasy, very moisturizing and smells delicious. They have many different scents.
Dior Ultragloss is my favorite lip gloss… it’s heavily pigmented but isn’t sticky and smells really good but doesn’t taste of anything.
Probably lots more stuff that I can’t think of right now lol.
Post # 15
– Avon microdermabrasion system.
– Roc retinol night creams.
– Two Faced and Urban Decay eyeshadows (I’m a total palette whore).
– Maybelline mascaras.
– Olay facial moisterizers.
– Eucerin body lotion.
– Benefit Hula bronzer.
– Moroccan argan oil.
– Jergens Natural Glow body and face lotions.
I’d love to own a Clarsonic, but I’ve yet to bite the bullet and face that pricetag!
Post # 16
– ELF cream liner
– ELF mineral shadows
– ELF blush in Pink Passion
– Carmex (in a tube)
– Blistex Lip Medex (used at night)
– Redken hair products (All Soft shampoo and conditioner, Satinwear, hair cleansing cream)
– Organix argan oil dry oil spray
– Red Carpet manicure gel polish
– Cover Girl Lash Blast waterproof (orange tube)