Post # 1
I thought this might be a fun thread. I just started a new job last week, working as an apparel associate at Dick’s sporting goods. It’s a lot different from my last job so I’m trying to think of the things I like about it!
-Helping customers. It might sound lame, but I really enjoy being able to answer questions and help people find what they’re looking for.
-Variety. I work in a lot of different areas some days so there’s always something new.
-I’m new to the area, so this job allows me to at least get to know a few of my co-workers and start getting accustomed to the community.
Share your job & what you love about it!
Post # 3
- Wedding: November 2013 - Makena Cove
I’m a manager at Starbucks and I must say, I love it!
*free drinks all day long
*90% of my friends were met at the bux
*my customers pretty much rock
*really good benefits, even for the part-timers
It’s been a great 5 years!
Post # 4
@Fleur.De.Lis: Oh man.. I would LOVE working there, lol. I actually applied for a job there when we found out we were moving up here, but no luck. Those drinks would have me bouncing off the wall!
Post # 5
I just started a new retail job two weeks ago 🙂
-nice coworkers (I am used to women’s apparel where I worked with a bunch of personalities, but usually it was the popular fashion girls… you know the type. Oddly enough, I am now seen as the popular fashion girl at my new job)
-more/longer breaks (two fifteen minute breaks and a 30 minute. I literally used to eat standing up so I could quickly run back to the sales floor!)
-varying hours (7am-3:30pm so I have a ton of time after work, 9am-5:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm so I get to sleep in and go to the gym before work)
-physically active job (walking, lifting, etc)
-always busy! time flies
-awesome discount on books, movies, cds, cafe items
-there is a cafe inside of my store- dangerous!
-my own office…so I brought in a blender for my protien shakes
-business casual dress code so I can wear pretty much my entire wardobe…except jeans
-I get to borrow books and bring them back for free!
-I work in the same mall as my husband so I get to see him more frequently
In case you can’t tell, I flippin love my new job.
Post # 6
I’m an attorney clerking for a federal judge. Things I love:
- the judge I work for. He’s so laid back.
- unlimited time off
- great hours–only work 7 hours a day with long lunches
- no stress or strict deadlines
- my own office overlooking the gulf 🙂
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club
I started working at a small inn 20 minutes out in the country (very swanky place).
Things I like:
*I’m on Weddingbee right now… 😉
*I can listen to music when guests aren’t here.
*The guests are NICE.
*The pay is a lot more than I used to get at my old retail job.
*I am finally a full time employee somewhere!
*I get to work by myself.
Things I don’t like…
*Creepy hotel at night! (AKA right now. verrrrry creepy).
*I have to work by myself at night… haha
Post # 8
@MissTatas: Glad you love it!! I’m enjoying my new retail job, too 🙂 Makes it much easier to go to work.
@Boston Bee: The office overlooking the gulf sounds like a winner to me!
@missmorganista: that was what always worried me about when I applied for hotel jobs.. I would be too much of a wimp at night!!
Post # 9
I work part-time as a library page at a public library on the beach while I’m going to school.
– The customers are AMAZING! 99% of them are super nice. Plus, I really like discussing books, movies, and music with people.
– Good hours. They work with my school schedule. And I never have to worry about working too late.
– My co-workers are awesome. They’re mostly older women, and they rock. One of my co-workers will actually be officiating my wedding.
– All of the great perks of working for city government: paid holidays off, plenty of paid vacation time, etc.
– ALL OF THE BOOKS I COULD EVER WANT!
Post # 10
I am a medical editor. I love:
– My 35 hour work week
– The benefits (great insurance coverage, generous vaction and sick time, my company pays for my public transit pass)
– The free gym in our building
– The subsidized vending machine. Candy bars are $0.50!
– The work I do. I find the industry I’m in (physician licensing) to be very interesting and mentally stimulating. There is a lot of work involved and it’s very rewarding.
Post # 11
I’m an attorney working at a small firm.
-I get to argue with people and get paid for it.
-it’s mentally stimulating and often challenging
-the autonomy. I don’t have a schedule and can come and go as I please as long as I bill my required hours. I get to also work from home when I need to.
-My boss is cool 90% of the time.
-we don’t have a dress code so I get to wear whatever I want on the days i’m not in court or meetings.
Post # 12
The vacation time. Even with teaching in the summer, I still have off 7 weeks a year. Plus for 12 weeks during the summer I only have to work two days a week. That’s hard to beat!
Post # 13
I am an application analyst in an IT department. What I love about my job:
1. Stress Free Environment
2. Not for Profit company (specialized childrens hospital)
3. I believe in our mission and vision and am truly proud to work there
4. amazing benefits..seriously(crazy pto, pension, amazing health insurance, discounted onsite child care, etc)
5. great pay
7. work from home options
8. have made some great friends there
9. they have an onsite MBA program. Yup, they are paying for my MBA and I dont have to commute to a university, they come to the office!
10. schedule flexibility. as long as i get my work done and am available via my work blackberry from 8-5, its all good.
Post # 14
I’m only an intern Graphic Designer, but I still consider it my job. I also love working where I do.
1. Everyone is extremely nice, and it’s usually not very hectic.
2. A very flexible schedule. I had to take off an entire week for my thesis project and my boss was totally cool with it.
3. I can log hours at home! My workload depends on the time of year, but it’s really nice to be able to start something at work and finish it on my couch, lol.
4. I get paid to be a designer! That’s the best part. I get paid to do what I love, and I really couldn’t ask for anything better than that.
I’ll be very sad to leave this job after I graduate. ):
Post # 15
I work in compliance for the federal government.
What I love about it? It pays very, very, very well. (The end)
Post # 16
I’m not working now (Luckily I can afford to be a stay-at-home wife.) but when I was working, I worked Retail.
I actually loved my job. I worked at Sportsman’s Warehouse selling archery equipment. I was knowledable in my field and I loved it. My favorite thing about my job was talking to people. I’m a pretty introverted girl, but when it comes to working, I can talk to anyone about anything. I’m no car salesman — I’m not going to try to convince you to buy something, but I had a reputation of “loosening people up” so to speak.
I also LOVED taking kids back to test bows. It was a lot of fun. My manager was a sexist pig, but I didn’t have to deal with him much. My coworkers were awesome and I still miss that job.