Post # 1
I don’t mean why it’s better, no stone is “the best” for everyone! I don’t want comparisons about what it’s better or worse than, I want to know what’s inherently beautiful about it to you! 🙂
I love green amethyst because the colour is really pretty and unique.
I love aquamarine, it’s my birthstone and I feel a sentimental attatchment to it.
I’m fascinated by deep blue sapphires, i’d love to own a big oval sapphire pendant!
I find moissanite exciting! It has a cool superhero origin story and lots of industrial uses to help science grow!
Post # 3
I like opal because it has many “colors” in it, not just one!
Post # 4
That’s beautiful! My gran always said Opals were bad luck if they weren’t your birthstone. I always wondered where that superstition came from because Opals are so gorgeous and heavenly looking to me!
Post # 5
Sorry, it’s my birthstone, I am born in October! BUT that’s not the reason I like it! I just like the different colors.
Post # 6
Not including diamonds, I LOVE opals, always have. But then I’m also drawn to rubies, emeralds and blue sapphires for their bright colors.
Post # 7
My favorites are:
1) Sapphire. Partly due to it being my birthstone, and partly b/c they come in every color (not red) and they’re very durable so I don’t have to worry so much about damaging them during daily wear.
2) Tanzanite. The color is GORGEOUS! I know the majority are heated, but the blues, purples and burgundies they give off are amazing to me. The only drawback is that they’re very soft with perfect cleavage, so they’re easily damaged. I can’t wear mine every day for that reason. 🙁
3) Spinel. It’s such a cool stone with a lot of history. Spinel is pretty much unheard of to the general jewelry consumer- they’re more of a history buff stone. I just ordered a pair of black spinel earrings. They’re a great sub for black diamonds.
Here’s some of my ‘specimens’ 🙂 I didn’t get my spinels yet, but they should be here later today.
Multicolored sapphire necklace. It’s not a great picture b/c it’s pretty dark, but these babies sparkle!
Tanzanite, amethyst and topaz earrings. The tanz are the small deep lavender beads.
Post # 8
Blue sapphires, red rubies, and green emeralds. I love them for their vibrance. They do happen to be mine, my grandmother, and my mother’s birthstone ironically.
Post # 9
Emeralds, diamonds (clear stones), sapphire (yellow, blue, green, orange)…I am not a fan of pink so much but I like it one other ppl
Emeralds because my fav colour is green and it is my Moms BS
Clear stones for the blinginess- I didnt say Moissy cause I havent seeing one in real life yet
Yellow brighness, Blue reminds me of the ocean, Green above, Orange cause it is different
Post # 10
I love Amethyst because it’s my birthstone and I think it’s really pretty 😉 I love purple!
I also am smitten with Morganite because it’s such a pretty peachy pink colour.
Post # 11
1. Blue and yellow sapphires. Yellow is so unique. Blue sapphires come in so many different shades. They are just beautiful.
2. Rubies. I prefer rubies with a nice, deep blood red color. They’re just gorgeous. I’m drawn to the red for some reason.
3. Amethyst, because my favorite color is purple. 🙂
Post # 12
After diamonds, I far and away love blue sapphires best. However, I also like rubies, blue topaz, peridots, amethysts, and opals.
Post # 13
I don’t know anything about Spinels, I hear they come in lots of colours, I’d love to find out more!
Post # 14
Diamonds are much more sparkly than other classic gemstones, I read somewhere that garnet can be sparkly in a similar way (but red of course). I’ve never seen a nice garnet in real life to compare though.
Post # 15
Amethyst bc my favorite color is purple!! I love black diamonds too.
Post # 16
There’s a lot of love for amethyst in this thread ^_^ it is such a lovely stone. I never heard of Black Diamonds til the bee. Are they opaque or translucent?