Post # 1
Kind of a spin-off on “what genre do you like to read”
I’ve recently gotten super into podcasts because they are so convenient while doing practically anything, can be entertaining, or educational!
My favourites of all time are
1. My dad wrote a porno – if you are looking for pure entertainment I highly suggest this. Basically a guy’s 60 year old retired father decided to write an erotic novel and it’s pure gold. Guy and two friends read it out loud chapter by chapter and joke.
2. Sawbones – if you are interested in learning I love this one. A doctor and her husband talk about different diseases or medications or illnesses and cover the medical history of said topic which is fascinating.
3. A slob comes clean – this one is less entertaining more helpful if you struggle with organization and pulling your home together, I found it very helpful but if you’re already a very clean and organized person wouldn’t recommend.
FINALLY MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE
4. DnDnD (Dungeons and Dragons and Dinner) – this one is my absolute favourite it’s pure entertainment!! Basically it’s a group of friends who play dungeons and dragons together (and eat dinner) and it’s amazingly funny. I had never played before listening so it’s not just for the people out there experienced in dungeons and dragons (although if you are you’ll definitely get a kick out of this one) some of the players have played before, some haven’t. The people playing have developed in depth characters and the storyline is excellent. Would 1000% recommend to anyone looking for entertainment.
I’d love to get into some new podcasts so share your favourites please!
Post # 2
- Wedding: June 2020 - City, State
My Favorite Murder
Cold (I’m from UT so the Susan Powell case is super interesting)
Teacher’s Pet- this podcast actually got a cold case opened back up and the guy is being charged now
Lore- old folklore origins
True Crime Garage
Post # 3
lauraspencer : there have been a few podcast threads and I don’t remember ever seeing these suggestions!!! I’m off to sample some of them, I’ve been needing something new!
I used to play DnD so that podcast is the first one I’m going to try
Post # 4
I just discovered “spooked”, it seems like people come on and tell their ghost stories. I like it so far
Post # 5
Critical Role (Dungeons and Dragons Podcast, absolutely brilliant and hilarious. My husband and I both love it. He subscribes so we can watch/listen live, it’s the only podcast he subscribes to)
True Crime Obsessed (The hosts watch and make fun of true crime documentaries, the hosts are hilarious and I absolutely love them. It’s the only podcast I support on Patreon)
My Favorite Murder (Comedy true crime podcast. Hilarious hosts, dark stories. I got my mom hooked on this one recently)
Off Topic (Really random, mostly gaming, movies, television shows, just the group’s lives. There’s not really a theme to it.)
Lore (My husband and I listen on the way to work but only in the fall when we are in the mood for spooky stuff)
Someone Knows Something (each season the host investigates a new cold case. Some seasons are better than others but I always enjoy listening.
Believed (Only one season, covers the Larry Nassar case. The stories of what those women went through are crazy and heartbreaking but I think it’s really important for people to listen to)
Dateline (Dateline has started releasing their episodes in podcast form, I pick and choose which episodes sound most interesting)
Confronting OJ Simpson (Hosted by Ron Goldman’s sister, it’s absolutely fascinating, enraging, and heartbreaking)
Post # 6
I can’t believe I forgot Cold! I’m in Utah too and that podcast was crazy detailed and super well done. Also we totally have the same taste in podcasts, I’ve listened to all of those!. keysha :
Post # 8
- Wedding: June 2020 - City, State
hikingbride : AWW UTAHNS HEREEE!!! your username makes sense lol. I absolutely LOVE true crime. I’m a dark and twisty kinda girl
Post # 9
“Criminal” with Phoebe Judge!
Post # 11
Reply All – hilarious and always well researched stories
Codeswitch- really interesting thoughts on race in America
Reveal- the center for investigative reporting does incredible work.
The bright sessions—great fictional stories! Super powers! Therapy!
She’s all fat—- made me think about a set of concerns I had never considered— really well done like sitting in on a smart dinner party
savage love—/ who doesn’t want to hear about other peoples sex problems?
Post # 12
Who? Weekly is everything you need to know about the celebrities you don’t! And it’s perfect.
Post # 13
An Acquired Taste – two fairly awkward women just hanging out and chatting about anything and everything. Both previously worked for Elvis Duran and the Morning show, which is how I found them.
The Box of Oddities – Husband and Wife that find interesting facts and weird stories and share them with you.
The Mortified Podcast – random people getting on stage and reading their childhood diaries to a live crowd.
Unobscured- Seasonal podcast that deep dives into a specific time period/event. Last season was the Salem Witch Trials, this season is about Spiritualism. From the creator of the Lore podcast.
Noble Blood – Also from the creator of Lore. Episodes talking about the deaths of nobles.
Post # 14
NPR’s Up First
Adam Ruins Everything.
I also occasionally listen to Mom and Dad are Fighting
Post # 15
Love Oprah’s Super Soulful Conversations and Mindset Mentor