(Closed) What are your financial goals for 2014?

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 32
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

1) This has been ongoing, but save up enough money to pay for my next year of grad school without taking any more loans out. I’m over half-way there!

2)Continue paying off the accruing interest on my current loans so it doesn’t get added to my principal once I graduate

3)Look at joining finances with Fiance and apply for an airline CC to start earning points for our honeymoon 🙂

4) Jointly save up $3,000 to add to the wedding budget with Fiance. This one will be hard on top of my other goals.

5) Wade through 403b paperwork with Fiance and make sure everything gets done to get it set-up (he’s a procrastinator, haha)

Post # 33
2268 posts
Buzzing bee

My financial goals for 2014 are to add a minimum of $30,000 to my savings account and to pay off my debt – about $11,000.

Post # 34
815 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Debt free baby!

… hopefully

Post # 35
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Get one of our student loans paid off.

Pay off one years’ worth of car insurance for one of us.

Post # 36
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Fully fund our liquid 6 month emergency fund $15k (estimated completion by mid 2014)

Fund IRAs $5500/each/year (started by the end of 2014) and maintain standard 401k contributions

Save up to relocate back to the Midwest $6k (completion by October 2014)

Edit: We should be debt free by the end of the month!!! 😀

Post # 37
1979 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Just paid off my car (yay!)

Get a new job

Pay for our wedding and honeymoon without credit cards!

Start saving/planning for retirement

Post # 38
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

1. Pay off all our consumer credit card debt (about 3k worth)

2. Pay off my one smallest student loan (4,500)

3. Start paying extra on my car payment. I’d love to pay it off completely in 2014 (about 12k left) but it might  not be realistic. considering we want to start trying for a baby soon and we have to start saving for that so we won’t be able to be paying as much as i’d like. But who knows – with my husbands second job and hopefully a raise for him at his fulltime job – we just might luck out. but its not something i’m counting on.

Post # 39
6354 posts
Bee Keeper

“Save MOAR.”

We have a lot of goals and most of them cost money, which never comes in fast enough, does it? So I’m keeping an eye out for more ways to save, that don’t cut into our quality of life. (For example, I really wouldn’t want to skimp on grocery quality unless we get into a position where we absolutely have to, but I MIGHT have gone a little crazy buying pretty Christmas ornaments this year, which we didn’t really need. It was a bit frivolous. How can I do better in the future?)

Post # 40
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I gradiate college and start working in 2014, and already have a job lined up! We live fine off of his income right now, so our plan is to use my income to pay off all of our debt and create a fairly good  savings. If we can do it, we will be in awesome shape. We should have all of our dept paid off, our students loans are about 20,000 dollars combined. In addition, we should have 10-15,000 dollars in savings. Also, we will have a new couch and bed frame, we need them pretty badly haha.  I think for our first year out of college this will put us in really good shape. It will be nice to not have to worry about money so much!

Post # 41
2942 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Pay off all CC debt for both of us.  Most of mine are 0% interest cards, so need to get those gone prior to getting to interest parts.

Pay off at least two student loans out of the 3 that we have between us that are smaller.

Actually combine finances if I have to take my Fiance with me kicking and screaming.

Start full payments on FI’s Student loan from hocky sticks.

Get Fiance better budgeted.  He isn’t good at sticking to a budget for extra expenses like going out for lunch, grabing coffee in the morning or drinks with his dad.  Need to do a bit myself, but I’m much better about it than he is. 

Post # 42
214 posts
Helper bee

Save up 7K while attending school

Start eating more healthy and work out more

Pay off credit cards

Post # 43
1077 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Greenbrier Country Club

Financial goals for 2014
thankfully i have no CC debt 🙂
But…
1) I have some car payments which will be paid off this year. WOOT!
2) I will continue to put away money for
     – the wedding fund
     – ememergency savings.
     – downpayment on home
3) Definately need to budget with Fiance and figure out how much to put away when we get married.

Post # 44
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

+New salary. I am being paid way under market.

+Our dream for 3 yrs has been to buy a house. Hopefully we’ll save more on our down payment for a house in this ridiculous market.

Post # 45
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Courthouse

Pay off credit card and car,save up for fiancé to get a car And save money for a down payment on a home and money to be comfortable when it comes to baby making time. 

Post # 46
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

• Pay off my car (should be finished with this one before the summer)
  • Reduce my credit card debt by at least 50%
  • Consolidate my student loans, and start paying them down on an IBR plan
  • Save at least 6 months worth of living expenses

The topic ‘What are your financial goals for 2014?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors