(Closed) What are your financial goals for 2014?

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 47
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Save save save for future wedding and house! And grad school… ugh don’t remind me lol

Post # 48
6117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@LadyBlackheart:  

Cars are paid for, student loans are paid, no outstanding CC debt, and emergency fund is in place – so we only have the mortgage left.  We’re doing payments every 2 weeks which works out to 13 months of payments in one year.  That will cut off 4-8 years off the loan in the long run (need to run the #s to see what ours is exactly).

Our plan is to get an HSA opened for me (which means I will switch to the High Deductible Health Plan), but since I cannot do that until July I will put away $275/month until then so we’re not playing catch up July-Dec.  We’ll continue to max our Roths, 457bs and H’s HSA  account as we’ve been doing.  The 2014 limits stay the same for Roth and 457b accounts, but they did go up slightly for HSA. 

Then we will slowly put money away for a hot tub and my much anticipated trip to the Italian Dolomites in 2015! 

Post # 49
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

@LadyBlackheart:  

1) Have at least one student loan paid in full (hopefully will happen by the end of next month).

2) Have less than $5,000 in student loans left to pay (should be less than $7,000 next month).

3) Have at least $8,500 in my savings account (mostly to pay for the wedding; Fiance has more than enough to cover the amount we want to spend, but I want to be able to pay for stuff as well).

I have no credit card debt and my car loan interest rate is lower than my student loans, so I decided to focus on paying those first. And I already started a 401-K last year and contribute 8% of my salary to it (employer gives 4%), so I feel like I’m doing relatively good at the moment.

Post # 50
1073 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

To open a joint savings account with my husband, to clean up my credit, and to make sound financial decisions from here on out!

The topic ‘What are your financial goals for 2014?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors