Post # 16
- Wedding: March 2014 - A castle
anonbee4321 : If you are in the US and buy your makeup from Sephora or Ulta, you can absolutely return it!
I have amassed quite the mid- and high-end makeup collection. Here’s a list of the stuff I travel with, because it tends to be my favorite/go-to products.
- Primer = Guerlain L’Or – I do notice that it plumps my skin and helps my foundation last longer
- Foundation = Guerlain Lingerie de Peau or Tarte Rainforest of the Sea
- Concealer = Urban Decay Naked or Tarte Rainforest of the Sea
- Setting Powder = Kat Von D loose translucent powder
- Bronzer = Nars Laguna or Benefit Hoola
- Blush = Urban Decay (Rapture is my fave for my skintone)
- Contour = Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- Finishing Powder = Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Etherial Glow
- Finishing Spray = Urban Decay All Nighter
- Eyebrows = Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz or Dip Brow
- Eyeshadow Palette = Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye, Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance
- Eyeliners = Colourpop! They are cheap but I found they’re better than my Marc Jacobs liners. My Marc Jacobs are all hard and crumbly!!
- Mascara = Too Faced Better Than Sex (not waterproof) or Benefit They’re Real
- Liquid Eyeliner = Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper
- False Lashes = House of Lashes in Iconic or Bambi
- Regular Lipstick = MAC or Nars Audacious
- Liquid Lipstick = Kat Von D
Post # 17
I have a subscription to Ipsy… I get a lot of good samples to try and I often end up buying full size products. I used to have birchbox, but I like Ipsy much better.. plus they give you cute little make up bags every month! Perfect for traveling too.
For mascara, I think my favorite is Clinque though and eye shadow I def. love the naked palletes! I kinda stink at makeup, so I just do basic stuff, but you’re right, they are very pigmented in comparision to others. I’ve gotten tons of eye liner samples but to be honest, I think urban decays is the best. It’s so creamy and glides on very easily.
Post # 18
I’m googling all of these products when I should be working today lol! I really did not know you could return makeup. I figured it would be a sanitary issue…
I definitely agree that a good skin care rountine is needed! I’ve tried higher end stuff but always go back to Neutrogena as my go to face wash and moisturizer. Kind of the same boat as makeup where I don’t want to spend a lot to end up liking my drug store moisturzer more that was $30 less
Post # 19
Garnier BB cream, Maybelline green/pink mascara, L’Oréal concealer, Naked eyeshadows, and Nars orgasm blush. I don’t like most lip products so it’s usually just some balm for me.
Post # 20
I’m a big fan of MAC makeup. They just came out with a new foundation called “Next to Nothing” and it was compared to making you look like the pretty filter on Snapchat. The first day I used it, someone who I see regularly said “wow your skin is glowing” so I like it 😜 I used the powder not the liquid
Post # 21
Mascara – Etude House Lash Perm Curl Fix – it’s AMAZINGand it will truly last 24 hours (if necessary)
Post # 22
lucky13th : I LOVE the Wet and Wild liquid lipsticks!
Post # 23
I’m not a huge make up junkie but I’ve been using some of the same products for years, and for me a repeat purchase is a big step lol! I’m a variety girl , I love trying new things but here are the cosmetics I stick with :
Becca Backlit face primer
IT cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer (s/n: this stuff lasts scary long. Got a sample of it like two years ago and still using it lol. I don’t wear make up everyday but typically at least once or twice a week)
Bare minerals Matte foundation
Soliel Bronzer (the one that smells like chocolate) in Milk. It is super light so perfect for the verrry subtle contour.
My eyebrows are nearly black, and after trying a lot of eye pencils I’ve found the best thing for them is the maybelline twin brow and eye pencils. They are great for dark brows.
for Mascara, I love a few by Maybelline. Colossal, Rocket, and Stillettto Lash are all awesome. I also like Lancôme Hypnose and Estée Lauder Sumptuous Volume.
Lips: my favorite feature to emphasize! Honestly the best, longest-lasting (which is the feature most important to me) lip product I’ve ever used is the Rimmel Provocalip line. Love the shade ” Heartbreaker”.
I also usually use highlighter but I’ve gotten so many so many samples I kind of just grab whatever’s handy.
oh, and Urban Decay Setting spray to top it all off 😊
Post # 24
Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
I think I have the hardest time with foundations/highlighters/bronzers. I’ll love stuff in the lighting of the stores and then I get home and I’m like uhhh that’s too dark/light/shimmery or whatever. I think I’ll invest in Nars foundation soon. I’ve read good things about it and that it’s lightweight which I like. I’ve been looking at toofaced highlight and bronzers but I haven’t found anything I love enough to spend the money on
Post # 25
wineandthings : I love Anastasia Beverly Hills for their eye shados palettes! Super easy to blend and the pigmentation is amazing! You can youtube videos of looks that other people have done using the palattes for ideas and how to use them! Thats how i found Anastasia Beverley Hills in the first place!
Post # 26
- Wedding: October 2016 - Lola's Trailer Park
wineandthings : I am living for Juvias Place shadows right now. They are super duper pigmented and blend out beautifully. I have The Saharan, The Magic and The Masqurade palettes. They usually have coupon codes on like but most of the palettes are about $25.