(Closed) What are your goals for 2010?

posted 8 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Mine are very similar! I haven’t tried the envelope system, but I am reading the Dave Ramsey books and starting the baby steps.

• Get out of debt!! Pay off the last two credit cards.
  • Save, save, save! After the wedding, we have nothing left for a rainy day.
  • Clean up my credit report so we can buy a house once we know where we will be living (hubs job will be relocating him). The sins of my 20’s have come back to haunt me!
  • Like August15, start prepping for a baby!
  • Bring up my GPA. Take at least 3 classes per semester. I’ve been slacking.
  • FIND A NEW JOB. Even if it takes all dang year.
  • Work on my body until I’m comfortable wearing shorts again. GIANT goal for me!

Post # 5
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

@August15 – Wow, that’s awesome!!! I feel like i’m going to drown in my debt. I had a really bad run of bad luck with 5 layoffs in my 20’s (I definitely chose the wrong industry!) and since I was just starting out, I used credit for most everything. Now my credit report is jacked. I have student loans, but I’m still in school. We have two car payments. He has two credit cards, and we want to buy a house and have a baby.

GAH!

I feel like we’ll never crawl out! But the Dave Ramsey books and stories are giving me hope!

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee

I have one major goal for 2010: get a full time job!!  I graduated from university this past July and jobs are scarce 🙁  No job = no house hunting & wedding planning!

Post # 7
2397 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I would also like to pay down debt in 2010.  The thought of my student loans coming due scares the heck out of me : I’d also like to save as much as possible, and start eating better and exercise more so I’ll fit in my wedding gown come June!

Post # 8
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Great thread! My goals are:

• Stop eating fast food.
  • Stop drinking colas
  • Work on my blog :o)
  • Excersize using Yoga (problems with my joints since I’ve gained 15lbs)
  • Hopefully lose the above 15lbs.
  • Get the pup checked for Heartworm and on meds to prevent it (it’s a silent killer). I actually did this yesterday!
  • Have the Fiance book the DJ :o)
  • Get a job! (Will be finishing my Au.D. in August- 2 weeks before the wedding)

Post # 9
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I want, no need, to find some serenity and peace and quiet in 2010.

Post # 10
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

For me:

• Start to get in a regular fitness routine and lose 5 to 10 more pounds by the wedding. And tone my arms!
  • Go to Church and don’t use laziness as an excuse  not to be there.
  • Pay off 1/2 of my largest credit card.
  • Keep our house a little more organized!

Post # 11
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We’ve tried the envelope system and it didnt work! YIkes, having cash in the house that we knew we had, we just kept slipping into it for this and that saying we would just put money back in it later but not end up doing it.  We have a problem with saving so here it goes:

1) Actually balance our check book and record all our expenses so we wont overdraft the stupid bank anymore

2) SAVE for house

3) Doing something charitable 

4) Stop being so darn grouchy in the morning

5) Eat healthier/exercise more

6) Cut down on smoking

7) Stop letting others selfishness affect me as a person

The topic ‘What are your goals for 2010?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors