Post # 1
Are you doing any major/minor house projects before the big day? On top of all the other wedding to-do’s? With only 6 workable weekends left, I’m getting a little nervous!
haha the House To-Do list is so much worse than the wedding to-dos! And they take so much more time and money haha
– Finish basement!! (FI has framing up, electrical done – need drywall and paint)
– Replace Screen door to porch
– Paint Porch
– Plant annuals
– Weed and mulch
– Seal driveway
– put up ceiling fan in guest room
Post # 3
Sounds like us. It doesn’t have to be before the wedding but it will probably work out that way.
Painting front and back doors
Take down the aluminum awning and railings on our porch and replacing them with wooden pillars and extending our roof
Building a salon room in our basement
Grating and reseeding our lawn in the backyard
Post # 4
We bought our house last week and it has already been torn apart.
1) Our house has no light or fans. Need to be installed throughout the house.
2) Both bathrooms are currently down to the stud, they both are getting redone.
3) Our basement has been gutted. It was finished in the 70’s so it is getting redone and a full bath will be added.
5) Landscaping. We have a random plant in evey inch of our yard that needs to be ripped up and the ground must be seeded for new grass.
7) All rugs are to be removed and hard wood floor underneath is getting refinished.
I am a little nervous but much calmer about the house that the wedding. My Fiance and brother are both in construction so the cost of the remodels aren’t nearly as much and I trust them to take care of everything. I just need to pick the design aspects.
Post # 5
We really just want to get everything in our house in order. We’re also hoping to get a ceiling fan installed in our bedroom and to do a little bit of touch up painting. We’ve been in our house for several years, and a lot of this work is to prepare for an eventual move into a bigger place! We won’t even start thinking about that until after the wedding though.
Post # 6
Our house To-Do’s:
- Move in!
- Paint over anything that’s bright blue! All the window and door trims!
- Paint the windowpanes white (they’re black)
- Repaint all the exterior doors (they’re all black, with the front door being blue!)
- Dig and hack away at the massive bushes that loop around the entire property
- Dig-up the rocks that are randomly scattered all around the yard
- Paint and sand all the interior wooden doors white (they are natural wood, unpainted)
- Get rid of wallpaper and paint the rooms
- Fix the 1 broken kitchen cabinet and repaint all of it.
- Sealing/and maybe sanding our deck
- Installing a small wooden gate in between the bushes
- Line the outside part of the bushes with the big rocks we’ve dug-up
There’s no way we can finish all of that before the wedding or even by this year, but we plan on doing as much as we can. Next year’s list includes: buying garden plants, making a stone pathway, making an area to sit in the front yard (made of stones), repainting the side of the house (it needs paint), renovating the funky wooden stair rails into something less 70’s, removing the collapsed stone garden area at the side of the house, and maybe, just maybe expanding the kitchen!
Honestly, the numbered stuff up ahead will carry over for a few years! The projects for next year will probaby have to wait. We’re going to try and finish all the outdoorsy stuff while the weather permits and wait until autumn to do the indoor painting. It will be a non-stop labor of pure love!
Post # 7
Close, paint, steam clean, MOVE IN! Buy furniture….ugh
Post # 8
We’re in the same boat! Closed a few weeks ago and are working on things now, but time feels so limited. We painted one room, need to paint 2 more and are in the midst of taking down wallpaper, which I think the previous owners put up with Krazy Glue!!
Post # 9
We’re still a year away so we have tons of time, but not tons of money lol!
Our list includes:
– Lay hardwood on the main floor
– A/C installation
– Paint throughout.
I would say the fence and the a/c will come beofre the wedding. Depends on how hot this summer is 😛
Post # 10
Wow, everyone is so far along! We are getting married in one week and the only thing we managed to finish was buying, reupholstering and refinishing our furniture.
When we come back from our honeymoon, my hubby, will start:
- rewiring the whole house
- putting in audio outlets in every room
- changing the light switch placement in every room
- adding a volume control knob in every room for our piped in speakers
- taking down a mirrored wall, and putting up drywall.
- crown moulding
once all thats done, then we’re onto roofing and looking at redesigning a new kitchen!!
Post # 11
Our list includes:
-Painting the spare bedroom (almost done! Woo Hoo!)
-Painting the office
-Somehow get grass to grow in our backyard.
-Replace the ugly holly bushes in the front with those rose bushes that get very big and pretty!
We have a much bigger list for after the wedding including redoing the master bath, new kitchen countertops, and installing tile in the kitchen and hardwoods on the rest of the 1st floor!
Post # 12
#1: MOVE HIS SISTER OUT! You don’t even know….it makes the rest of the ToDo list hard because she underminds all of my opinions as to what tile and wall colors to choose.
#2: Guest Bathroom – Tile, new sink, bath cover, paint.
#3: Master Bedroom: Get all his man stuff out (including his 200 bottle beer cellar that is taking up the whole closet…) Rip out carpet, redo hardwood floors.
#4: Master bath: same as guest bathroom minus the bath.
#5: Paint!!! Everything
#6: Redo kitchen: Ripdown/paintover? wallpaper. Redo countertops. Paint cabinets.
#7: Finish his “cellar” which is a huge hole he dug underneath the house. He has huge plans to make this his man room…including a pump to pump out water, a raised floor, brick walls….its ridiculous but as long as the house doesnt cave in he can do what he wants.
Phew…now…how to do #1….
Post # 13
We have to move Fiance stuff in.
Clean, Clean, Clean.
build a bed and buy mattress.
Yard sale this weekend.
finish plants and clean up outside.
three weekends left to do it.