Post # 1
Ladies, I have a friend that is hosting a pampered chef catalog show and I want to help her out and buy something. What are your must have kitchen tools/items? I am just now starting to really cook more and know there are some things I might need. Let me know what I should get!
Post # 3
Oooh I love PC!
My must have is the pizza stone. We’ve had it for several years and use it at least once a week and it has held up great!
Post # 4
@mayahpay: I was just looking at that! Do you have the medium or large one?
Post # 5
Food processor is a must have! Cannot survive without mine. I’m not sure about PC’s, but my Cuisinart is amazing.
Post # 6
Mini chopper, Keurig, blender, oven mitts, wok….a lot bc I love to cook!
Post # 7
Good pots and sharp knives.
Post # 8
@Birdee106: I have the large one. It’s great for cookies also!
Post # 10
I do a pretty good amount of cooking ( although I do not use pampered chef products, specifically) but my must haves would be:
- Pyrex or oven safe baking dishes in multiple sizes
- At least 1 deep pot for soups, roux based dishes and sauces
- GOOD mixer ( I love my kitchen aid , but it’s not the only good one out there)
- Some overlooked items would include: a good spatula, a good set of knives ( currently enjoying ceramic ones) , a good chopping block or cutting board ( I like the bamboo ones), and multiple measuring cups if you like to bake
- I also use our cast iron skillet a lot, but I know many people do not use them or have a need for them–so it’s just my preference.
Post # 11
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Something I wish I had are prep bowls… just a bunch of small to medium sized bowls to put ingredients in.
Post # 12
i cook a lot- and the items i use most frequently in the kitchen are:
– a garlic press
– sharp knives
– two spatulas- a large one for bowls, etc, and a tiny one to get stuff out of cans, etc. (the tiny one is perfect for those tiny tomato paste cans)
– a cutting board
– decent pots and pans
– measuring spoons/cups
Post # 13
Ceramic Santoku Knife (never dull!)
Le Creuset Cast Iron skillet & Dutch Over
Long Bamboo Spoons
@petitcupcake: I really wanted a Food Processor a few yrs ago, so we put it on our registry and got it as a wedding gift. We never use it though! We may have pulled it out twice in the last year as a novelty. Do you keep it on the counter or put away? Also, do you find it to be a pain to clean? Cleaning it is usually the deterrant for me, so I’ll just end up chopping things since I feel like it takes less time to do that than to clean it. What do you usually make using it? I want to use ours more!
Post # 14
@wellheeledmama: ooh, yes! I love my slow cooker! I put a Le Creuset dutch oven on my registry so I hope I like it. I am going to look into that knife!
Post # 15
Metal mixing bowls and measuring cups and spoons they are sooooo easy to clean compared to plastic!