- Ms. Sloth
- 10 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I know there was a thread about stuff that everyone else that you hate, but what are your general pet peeves – stuff that you hate no matter what?
Here are mine:
- People who are too lazy to Google. For example, if I post something in my Facebook status, like about a band or something, and someone comments “Who are Band of Horses?” If you have the time to type that comment out, you’ve got the time to Google it. I usually direct them to Let Me Google That For You.
- Email forwards. I can’t believe that, in this day and age, people still forward crap. My mom does it ALL THE TIME.
- Poor grammar, spelling, punctuation. I also hate “text speak.” It takes like point two seconds longer to type “you” instead of “u.”
- When people pronounce words wrong. Like “supposably,” “Valentime,” etc.
- People who insist on taking forever to back into a parking space. Just pull in like a normal person.
- People who talk on their cell phones too loudly in enclosed places. Like an elevator, train, bus, etc. I don’t need to know every detail of your conversation. Also, are you a doctor? If not, then no conversation is so important that you have to have it RIGHT NOW.
- Also, people who spend all of their time texting when they’re hanging out with you. I know way too many people like this.
- Corporate buzzwords. I hear them all the time at work. Whenever someone says something like “corporate identity,” “leverage our resources” or “core competencies,” I roll my eyes so hard I get a headache.
I also hate bigotry, ignorance, racism, homophobia, and cruelty to animals. But I wouldn’t consider them “pet peeves.” It’s way deeper than that.