Post # 1
Fiance and I went and saw this place today as a possible venue for both ceremony and reception. We were very impressed and really like it. It requires no deposit, only a credit card and the cancellation policy states we have until 3 months before the wedding to back out with zero consequences. There is also no ceremony fee. There is a room fee if we fall below 40 guests but I don’t think that will be an issue.
They string twinkle lights across the top of the outdoor ceremony space which is not pictured in this blog post, but it’s a patio area with a stage at the head with a few short stairs leading up to it. The chairs are cast iron and provided at no cost.
Here’s a blog post my photographer just took of the venue recently:
here is their website with a pic of the outdoor ceremony space:
We have a pro con list of booking now.
We get our June wedding date, which is very important to me, I’ve always wanted to be a June bride
We lock in the awesome price ($36 pp plus consumption of beer + wine, probably about $750-1k)
We can say it’s DONE!!
We might find another place
and that’s really it.. hmm.
what are your thoughts, bees? should we wait and see before booking it or should we jump on it and reserve our date?
also, what do you think we could do to decorate? I feel like it wouldn’t need much and for that I’m thankful because I am not very creative at decorating…
Post # 3
Absolutely gorgeous. It’s good to book early, so you can start really getting a picture of the wedding in your mind and plan for it. Go for it!
Post # 4
I like it! I’d go for it, especially since you can back out with no consequences if you find something else.
Post # 5
thanks for the encouragement!!
Keep the votes coming, guys!
Post # 7
@Omgbunnies: If you can really back at if you find another place, then go for it! Its so beautiful!
Post # 8
Sweet! If the food is good, I’d say you’ve got a winner!
Post # 9
@wahine777: 😀 the food is good, I’ve eaten there once before. We also plan to go on our 2 year pre-wedding anniversary (god I know, we’re dorks) and have dinner to taste the seasonal food and see the seasonal blooms.
Post # 10
There is no down side to booking it now. You secure a venue and your date.
You have until 3 months before the date to cancel at no cost to you.
Post # 11
if you find another place there’s nothing stopping you (like a deposit) from cancelling here. it’s gorgeous though!
Post # 12
Thanks everyone! Fiance and I are going to inquire a bit more with them but I think we’ve found our place!