- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
simple and relaxed
Everyone having fun
simple and relaxed
Everyone having fun
-Family & friends
In that order.
1) A meaningful ceremony and reception that represent who we are as a couple.
5) Making everything as stress-free as possible!!
1. Awesome pictures
2. Everyone having fun and dancing
3. Looking awesome (dress, hair, makeup)
4. Good food and drinks
5. Being married, duh 🙂
Hmm tough question!
#1 – A personal ceremony about us and our love. I do not want it to be this ridiculous over-the-top affair because I feel like the purpose of the wedding gets buried.
#2 – Entertainment. We’re hiring a 1950s cover band to go with our vintage theme. I hate boring weddings!
#3 – Atmosphere. Our wedding is in a barn and we really want that vintage rustic feeling. We’re going to have string bulb lights on the ceiling and hundreds of cancles to create the mood. I really feel like the mood of a party can make or break it.
#4 – The open bar. His family is Chilean and mine is Scottish – this means that we have to have a pretty serious open bar.
#5: Food. A lot of people put this first but to be honest Food is usually the last memory I have of a wedding. I want to make sure everyone is well-fed and everything is delish but it’s not #1 for me.
imma DIY bride to be
1. Feeling married.
2. Making Fiance feel loved.
3. Being able to let go of sweating the small stuff.
4. Keeping calm enough to slow things down and enjoy it.
1. My Fiance 🙂 My BEST part of the day!
3. Stress free and everyone having a blast
5. Decor/room environment
1. Short, sweet, and simple ceremony that includes a lot of little personal touches.
2. Music. The worst thing for me would be that the room isn’t dancing.
3. Photography. The piece of my big day that I will have forever, ya know, besides my Fiance. 😉
4. Great food. I’m an extremely picky eater so it will be challenging but I want my guests to actually want to eat the food and make sure no one goes hungry!
5. The dress. I want to look and feel phenomenal. I don’t dress to the nines very often so on my wedding day and I want to be super extravagant, regal, and dramatic.
1. Marry my love
2. Beautiful flowers
3. A fun day (ie. dj putting on a good party)
4. Wonderful food
5. Great photos to remember it all by
1. Get married to my Fiance in a way that reflects us
2. Don’t break the bank
3. Everyone has fun (music, atmosphere, open bar)
4. Low stress
5. Lookin good!
There were a couple of things that I totally didn’t want to skimp on at all
1. DJ – keeps the party going!
2. Photography – the only thing I will tangibly have to remember our day
3. Open bar – I wanted to be able to provide a great time for my guests without them breaking the bank since most are travelling quite a ways to be with us
4. Venue – wanted something indoors for both ceremony and reception. And something that we both loved.
5. And the most important – Marrying my best friend!
Not in any particular order:
1. Feeling and looking beautiful ( so I paid top $$ for an awesome hair & makeup girl, got my dream dress etc)
2. The special moments with family. I am sooooo looking forward to getting ready with my sisters and mom.. Lookingforward to the feeling of dad walking me down the aisle, etc)
3. Amazing food and awesome cocktails (4 course meal, top shelf open bar)
4. Personal and private. Paid $$$ for private venue and terrace.
5. Wedding suite after the wedding 😉
This isn’t in any particular order.
1) Venue – We are getting married at a gorgeous historic mansion built in 1910. It also has a lovely ballroom and a garden outside where we will have our ceremony. I am super excited to have our wedding here!
2) Photography – Having gorgeous wedding pictures is extremely important to me. I also really want to have a photo booth. I’ll probably end up diying it.
3) Food – Our venue also has catering and their food is amazing. We are planning on having action stations such as a mashed potato martini bar. I really excited about our food.
4) Decor – I want my wedding to be beautiful.
5) Dress – I want an absolutely gorgeous dress that makes me feel amazing.
in no particular order:
for all of our guests and ourselves to have an amazing, fun and relaxing 3 days over the wedding weekend (destination wedding)
my dress and that I look amazing on the day
the food and beverages
music and the band getting everyone up dancing
that I’m marrying the love of my life!
The topic ‘What are your Top 5 Priorities for your wedding?’ is closed to new replies.