Post # 32
Very fun post!
1. The Luckiest – Ben Folds (first dance)
2. Father & Daughter – Paul Simon (father/daughter dance)
3. Thirteen – Ben Kweller
4. Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
5. Let’s Get it Started – Black Eyed Peas
6. Techno Cumbia – Selenda
7. Lucky – Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
8. It Did – Brad Paisley
9. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
10. Dancing in the Moonlight – (a walk to remember version)
Post # 33
Like most, picking 10 is so difficult (sorry for some of the cheesy videos!):
Leading up to the ceremony:
- Somebody by Depeche Mode (this was my license plate in high school, due to this song, so it’s a must, but it’s too slow for our first dance)
- Can’t Help Falling in Love, but the AMAZING Ingrid Michaelson version
Processional: my friend Stacey is playing Canon in D on the violin
Recessional: An especially awesome section of Everlasting Love by U2
Our first dance is currently a toss up between:
- First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
- Rainbow Connection (sung by Kermit or Jason Mraz, not sure yet – when I met my fiance, he had a fortune cookie stuck to his refrigerator that said, "Someday you’ll find your rainbow connection." – and Yay! He did!)
Other Must Plays:
Post # 34
We’re not having dancing at our reception, so our reception music will just be background, which means we can play all the songs that mean a lot to us, but not much to most of our guests, without worrying about an empty dance floor.
The Book of Love-Magnetic Fields
No You Girls-Franz Ferdinand
The Coast is Always Changing-Maximo Park
Where Is My Mind?-Pixies
Get Me Away From Here I’m Dying-Belle & Sebastian
Pioneer To The Falls-Interpol
Oh My Love-John Lennon
This Modern Love-Bloc Party
Post # 35
There are 14 fabulous tracks from The Flashdace that I think are perfect for any wedding party! Check them out here: http://perfectbound.blogspot.com/search/label/music
Post # 36
Fun! We haven’t even gotten close to finalizing ours, but here are some we want:
1: When I Look in Your Eyes – Outkast (first dance)
2: Business Time – Flight of the Flight of the Conchords (last dance, because you better believe it will be business time! Plus we’ve always joked that this is the closest thing we have to "our song")
3: The Best Is Yet To Come – Sinatra
4: Come What May from Moulin Rouge
5: Zoot Suit Riot – Cherry Poppin’ Daddies (the song we learned to swing dance to)
6: Sunshine of Your Love – Cream
7: You Take My Breath Away – Queen
8: Love Reighn Over Me – The Who
9: When I’m 64, Getting Better, All Together Now, All You Need Is Love and a billion other things by the Beatles
10: a clean clip of I’m On A Boat – Lonely Island, because we’re getting married on a boat, and we don’t take ourselves too seriously
Post # 37
What a cool post idea! We’re doing a Rat Pack/Motown theme with our music.
I think our top ten would be:
1. New York/New York – Frank Sinatra (where we met)
2. My Kind of Town (Chicago Is) – Frank Sintara (where we live!)
3. I Only Have Eyes For You – Louis Armstrong
4. I’ll Be Seeing You – Billie Holiday
5. Under My Skin – Frankie again (our family dance – mom’s and dad’s and such)
6. Let’s Stay Together – All Green (first dance!)
7. All Day and All of the Night – The Kinks (first ‘come dance everyone!’ song)
8. Proud Mary – Ike and Tina (inside joke in my family)
9. Shout – Temptations
10. Last Dancer – Donna Summer (last dance!)
Post # 38
I have a few that my fiance and I agreed on…..
1. I’ll Catch You – The Get Up Kids (first dance)
2. Drunken Lullabies- Flogging Molly
3. Livin’ on a prayer- Bon Jovi
4. Jackson- Johnny Cash
5. I Believe In a Thing Called Love- The Darkness
6. Falling In Love- NOFX
7. Here Comes Your Man- Pixies
8. Sometimes I Don’t Mine- The Suicide Machines
9. She’s Got The Look- Guttermouth
10. Every song from Me First and the Gimme Gimmes…..the best cover band ever!!!!
Post # 39
This is so fun!! We adore music!!
1. A River Flows In You- Yiruma (Processional)
2. Until You (slow & rock versions) and/or I Have and Always Will- Dave Barnes
3. (You make me feel like) A Natural Woman- Either Aretha Franklin or Celin Dion
4. Juke Box Hero- Foreigner
5. In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel (Contender for our first dance)
6. You’re the Inspiration-Chicago
7. Loverman- Robin Thicke
8. Anything by Frank Sinatra…and there will be many played!
9. Stolen- Dashboard Cenfessional
10. Pieces- Red (My fiance’s favorite song that makes him think of me)
Post # 40
- The Way You Look Tonight (Rod Stewart) – Our first dance
- Always and Forever (Heatwave) – For my parents, it was their first dance
- Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot) – It’s a joke in my family that all the "Tavares women" (my mom’s side of the family) have big butts 🙂
- Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle) – Father/daughter dance. I know it’s a really popular one, but it’s been "our song" since I was like seven, and I refuse to change it. I’m planning on a little surprise video for my father while we’re dancing of moments with me and him while I was growing up (we’re really close) and then I have an actual video of me singing the song to him when I was younger that I’m going to cut into it towards the end. I hope he likes it!
- Then (Brad Paisley)
- We Are Family (Sister Sledge) – Kind of a wedding tradition
- She’s Everything (Brad Paisley) – The first song my Fiance ever completely dedicated to me: and it describes me perfectly!
- I can’t choose yet, but either Through The Years (Kenny Rogers) or Remember When (Alan Jackson) for our anniversary dance (instead of bouquet/garter toss). I’ll definitely have them both played but I don’t know which one is for the dance yet.
- When I’m 64 (The Beatles) – Cake cutting song. My parents wanted it for theirs, but the DJ messed that up and they had to settle for "The bride/groom cuts the cake.." They weren’t happy, so this is my tribute to them.
- We’ve Only Just Begun (The Carpenters) – Our last dance. Another wedding tradition that was actually started by my parents and passed down through my mom’s brothers and sisters.
There’s so many more, but those are the really important ones to me.