Post # 1
Before I started planning, I tried to determine what areas were most important to me, and what areas I was willing to make some sacrifices. So far, I’m planning:
– Venue (And the food that was required for it)
– Dress (not a huge splurge, but a bit more then I was hoping)
– Flowers (hoping to do myself)
– Music (iPod Wedding)
– Cake (hoping to make it myself since I enjoy baking)
– Invitations (doing a nice/more expensive invitation, but making it myself)
– Alcohol (don’t know if this is ‘really’ a saving – the venue is very expensive for drinks, so I will be limiting the quantity in SOME form)
What areas are you cutting back? What is really importnat?
Post # 3
Our splurge was good food. And our photographer.
Savings: dress (spent under budget, but now am considering re-looking), tuxes, venue (even though we got our dream venue!), transportation (none – everything is in one spot), invitations
Post # 4
I think we splurged on the photographer, videographer, and reception. I’m saving on invitations and transportations, unfortunately, areas that don’t make up a big part of the budget.
Post # 5
We’re splurging on dress (big time :O…), food, venue, photography. We’re saving on videography (using a student), invites, transportation (not doing any), makeup (doing my own).
Post # 6
splurge: venue, dress, photog/video
save: flowers, invitations (by some standards), hair and make-up (really only bc I know some ppl who are giving me a good deal)
Post # 7
Save: courthouse ceremony, lunch reception