Post # 1
I’m 2 months out from the wedding and it’s time to get serious about some of the little beauty things! Share what you’ll be doing in the run up to the wedding to be ready.
– Whitening my teeth at home
– Keeping my nails painted so they can grow out to the length I like them for the wedding (I use the UV gel polish at home which helps SO much), filing & protecting them from breakage
– Keeping up on pedicures
– I am probably going to do a little bit of tanning (I know, terrible, blah blah…). Considered spray tan but it is unpredictable on me and rubs off, plus I want some color before our honeymoon.
– Need to start using my Clarisonic again on my face & chest skin.
Post # 3
@NAvery: do you have a uv system you recommend? I’ve been looking for one and am mystified by all the options & price ranges!
Post # 4
@BeckyS0: I just bought my UV light off of Amazon. I started with Gelish base & top coat, and I like it just fine, although I picked up some of the Red Carpet color from Ulta and really like it. It goes on smoother and thinner than the Gelish in my opinion, and I like the small bottles for the colors (even though it is a little more expensive) because I never go through a full bottle of polish.
It is so easy to do at home, I find it more forgiving than normal polish. I think I put about $80 into the initial purchase of all the supplies… pays for itself very quickly if you like to keep your nails done.
Post # 5
I plan on tanning and whitening my teeth. I might start doing professional facials just because I have horrible acne.
Post # 6
I did teeth whitening, became more consistant with my skincare, used less heat on my hair and better shampoo/conditioner, got my hair done (dyed, trimmed), got my nails done, kept my skin and lips as moisturized as possible, ate better, and drank more water. 🙂
Post # 7
I’ll probably start my beauty regimin about 5 months out.
– Tanning. I burn for the first few weeks, peel and then it’s tan city!
– Teeth whitening.
– Stop biting my nails [This will be a year out]
– Go back to my old hair routine. When I was single I used FAR more hair care products, in better quality. My favorite was redkin. I have slacked since on the hair care, as my Fiance doesn’t even notice my hair, really. He thinks I’m beautiful when I’m done up and when I’m not.
– Proper mosturizing/cleaning face + peels. I have a naughty habit of leaving my makeup on. I usually don’t breakout too much from it, but I do get a pimple here or there.
Closer to the time I’ll get my toes/nails done.
Post # 8
I’m using a serum and night cream every night, and then the serum and moisturiser every morning to keep my skin well hydrated.
I’ve just bought some organic clarifying shampoo and conditioner, so I’m using that and following with argan oil before I dry my hair. I’m having a trim tomorrow, which is well overdue, and then will have one again just a couple of weeks before the wedding to ensure my hair is in the best possible condition.
My nails themselves are fine, but my cuticals are a mess and I don’t know how to deal with them, so that’s on my list of things to address. Any suggestions gratefully received. I’ll also go tanning because I have a skin condition that will really only clear up reliably with UV rays, and I’d rather not be self conscious about it on the day.
Post # 9
Working out 5 times a week and eating better.
Growing out my nails (I bite them…ugh) and using cuticle cream.
Maintaining split ends (curly hair…they split so fast!).
Using lotion a LOT so I don’t dry out.
Potentially teeth whitening at home (don’t know what to use yet though…).
The week before the wedding: final haircut, bikini wax (maybe brazillian?), armpit wax, facial, maybe a massage…full on pampering! 😉
Post # 10
@BeckyS0: I use sensational. I love it. They have the cheapest start up kit and it works great. I bought mine from walmart. But I believe CVS carries it or you can buy online. You can use any gel polish with any of the kits. I have gelish and red carpet manicure paint colors in additional to sensationail. Sally Henson just came out with a kit (both a gel polish and a gel strip) that target carries (you may have to buy it online). I’m sure they are all comparable.
Post # 11
I’ll do most of the above and monthly massages from 3 months out. I’ll be stalking groupon everyday for good spa deals lol. The day before (which is the day after Thanksgiving), I’ll get a body wrap and a massage in the morning since I’ll be up all night helping with flowers and stuff.
Post # 12
- Wedding: June 2010 - parent's backyard
mine were maninly teeth whitening and trying to wear as much sunscreen as possible – I burn easily and the skin will look pink for literally weeks after.
for the week before the wedding, I was super cautious about not eating much salt, and for two days before I ate a lot of watermelon because it helps me shed water weight. I get puffy hands & feet pretty easily (especially in the summer). thankfully, these efforts paid off!