- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2010
I’m looking for recommendations on pregnancy, childbirth and post childbirth books. I’ve been around babies a lot, so I know the ins and outs of basic care for a newborn.
I’m aiming for natural childbirth and would like to breatfeed. I’m also trying to learn more about the medical aspect of childbirth so that I can be more educated when I’m making decisions.
These books are ones I’m waiting for from my library:
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn by Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley and Ann Keppler
- New Active Birth by Janet Balaskas
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Heci Goyer
Any other recommendations? I’m heading to the library tonight and am hoping to get some reading material for the next couple of weeks.